WDW Permits part 2

That is what I was thinking too, you usually don't need to pull a permit for an exact replacement of a drain/faucet/outlet whatever. In fact, Disney's in house maintainence staff could probably do that. That, or the county must be suuuuper picky:shrug: Also, the berm in animal kingdom cannot be performed by their in house landscapers?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
How big of a drain are we talking about here? This type of thing needs an official work order?

That is what I was thinking too, you usually don't need to pull a permit for an exact replacement of a drain/faucet/outlet whatever. In fact, Disney's in house maintainence staff could probably do that. That, or the county must be suuuuper picky:shrug: Also, the berm in animal kingdom cannot be performed by their in house landscapers?
You would be surprised at some of the incredibly minor work that technically requires a permit. Even though Disney has a certain level of autonomy they are still required to meet or exceed all Florida building codes. They are simply fowling the law to the letter as they are continuously under a microscope.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hmmm... you don't suppose the old one had an issue with say, halting the ride and leaving the riders in the dark for 20 minutes?

I heard that was happening ;)

That wouldn't be a problem with the console itself, though i suppose it might be cheaper to replace the whole thing rather then finding out where a problem is in the mess of wires.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hmmm... you don't suppose the old one had an issue with say, halting the ride and leaving the riders in the dark for 20 minutes?

I heard that was happening ;)
I have heard that but it was from a bunch of purist babies who were really only stuck for a minute or two so I did not give it much credit.:lookaroun

:lol:

I am sorry I missed that event. I actually like getting stuck in rides because it give me a chance to really look around.

Matpez

That wouldn't be a problem with the console itself, though i suppose it might be cheaper to replace the whole thing rather then finding out where a problem is in the mess of wires.

I figured that. Something was sure causing trouble that the CM's couldn't figure out.

I have heard that but it was from a bunch of purist babies who were really only stuck for a minute or two so I did not give it much credit.:lookaroun
:lol:
I am sorry I missed that event. I actually like getting stuck in rides because it give me a chance to really look around.

The lights were off the entire time we were stuck, which was much more than 2 minutes. Then it recovered and stalled again in the very next scene.
It was great! (well for those of us who don't care and were not rushed for time).

MythBuster

The unload console is pretty new, it was just replaced in 2005 during the GRE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom