WDW Permits 2015

RSoxNo1

1366 is definitely between UoE and M:S. Is there still a Monsters University display in the middle of Future World, or was it removed after F&G last year? I don't recall a 70" Monitor anyway, so no idea what this actually is.
That could be the times guide monitor that's in that area.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Could be electrical feeder cable.....but I'm still banking on fiber. I'm sure they're replacing copper with fiber to as close as they can possibly get to every connected device on property. And adding strands in general.

Of course they could have simply deployed WDM and they would not need those extra strands and network could be configured from NMS...

Imagineerwannabe

Of course they could have simply deployed WDM and they would not need those extra strands and network could be configured from NMS...

WDM is the way forward...surprises me they aren't more proactive in advancing their coms technology to latest generation if they are trying to convince everyone of their nextGen commitments

DisneyRoy

The ironic part for me is I enjoy watching the process of the construction more than the finished attraction usually. I'd love to see an in depth documentary on the new attraction process from blue sky imagineering to opening day.

Ditto to this. I'm hooping they do some kind of behind the scenes documentary on Avatar while they're building it. Would love to see all the planning/construction stuff for that.

RayTheFirefly

LOL was the name of the Contractor censored?! :hilarious:

Interesting permit. Flex space is a term usually used for office space. Or industrial buildings.

CaptainAmerica

Interesting permit for DHS today. Not sure what this is, but the contractor is Construction. I don't have any record of that address, but Sunset Blvd is the path from the hub to Tower of Terror.

854 Sunset Blvd - DHS Flex Space
What is it censoring? H o a r? They do loads of work for Disney, funny that the site is blocking that out. I don't know how much work they do themselves or if they're the GC for a slew of subs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
What is it censoring? H o a r? They do loads of work for Disney, funny that the site is blocking that out. I don't know how much work they do themselves or if they're the GC for a slew of subs.

Yes I believe they are mainly a GC. They generally do big projects for Disney, for example the hub at MK, so it's interesting that they are going something like this. Just speculating but maybe this is connected to a large project they will be doing there.

Imagineerwannabe

Could this be flex space for providing an area for welfare and materials for a few projects they could be involved with across DHS? An area likely to be an area hidden from guest view perhaps in the parking lot as behind the sunset blvd eateries?

SRQtech

While in line for RRC yesterday, I did notice that the parking lot that is between Rocking and TOT was completely empty, which from what I remember always had cars in it or other things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom