WDW Park Nurses

Eamethyst

This is fantastic information. Thank You very much.
If you get hired with Disney, you will have benefits. Like health, etc. You will also get free theme park tickets. You can give tickets to your family, they just have to be on a list. I'm not sure about friends though. Of what I remember employees get a certain amount of tickets each month I believe. If you do end up going through the hiring process, when you talk to who ever is hiring tell that person what your main goal about becoming an RN. They will try to help you, or at least give you advice. Disney has their own medical team. Fire department, police, etc. Medical is always in need of anywhere.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If you get hired with Disney, you will have benefits. Like health, etc. You will also get free theme park tickets. You can give tickets to your family, they just have to be on a list. I'm not sure about friends though. Of what I remember employees get a certain amount of tickets each month I believe. If you do end up going through the hiring process, when you talk to who ever is hiring tell that person what your main goal about becoming an RN. They will try to help you, or at least give you advice. Disney has their own medical team. Fire department, police, etc. Medical is always in need of anywhere.
I was aware that Disney had there own Police, Fire and Medical departments. Like I stated since I was rather young I have had a strong desire to help people and becoming an RN became my goal at an early age. My passion also for Disney would make the situation even better if I would get hired there as a Nurse. I would be doing something I love to do in a place I love to be. Being a college student and having my own health benefits once I graduate and get full time employment and being on my own is just something that is mind boggling and something that I look forward to so much. Moving forward and becoming an independent woman and down the road starting a family of my own I finally am seeing a small light at the end of a long tunnel.

Eamethyst

I was aware that Disney had there own Police, Fire and Medical departments. Like I stated since I was rather young I have had a strong desire to help people and becoming an RN became my goal at an early age. My passion also for Disney would make the situation even better if I would get hired there as a Nurse. I would be doing something I love to do in a place I love to be. Being a college student and having my own health benefits once I graduate and get full time employment and being on my own is just something that is mind boggling and something that I look forward to so much. Moving forward and becoming an independent woman and down the road starting a family of my own I finally am seeing a small light at the end of a long tunnel.
I think working for Disney is a good idea. Allot of people for whatever reason are against Disney. I don't have anything bad to say about Disney. Disney is not like most companies. There are pro's and con's working for any company especially one that is worldwide. After you are part of Disney, you are family. There departments work as teams. It's not just health insurance they offer. Disney offers allot to their employees. If you decide to go to a hiring event, they are usually on Craigslist, or sometimes Indeed.com. Disney has a credit union. Get your foot in the door. Working for Disney can open other doors for you.

Lilofan

If possible try living in Central Florida in the late summer when CFL has the hottest temps and during hurricane season. It can help you decide big picture. And learning Spanish can go a long way.

Goofyernmost

I'm not against Disney, but I have seen the type of jobs that they are most called upon to do. Change Band-aids and take temperatures. If you have a temp. they just tell you to go to a clinic off property. I'm sure, on occasion they are called upon to help someone with something more challenging, but that is mostly the job of first responders. It would be a good job otherwise, so if you can deal with that, then it is a wonderful pursuit.

Last edited:

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think working for Disney is a good idea. Allot of people for whatever reason are against Disney. I don't have anything bad to say about Disney. Disney is not like most companies. There are pro's and con's working for any company especially one that is worldwide. After you are part of Disney, you are family. There departments work as teams. It's not just health insurance they offer. Disney offers allot to their employees. If you decide to go to a hiring event, they are usually on Craigslist, or sometimes Indeed.com. Disney has a credit union. Get your foot in the door. Working for Disney can open other doors for you.
I have watched on Disney+ the One Day episodes and have gotten a sense of the different jobs and how the employees seem to like what they do. I do however understand they wouldn't put a disgruntled employee on the show so I am getting the cream of the crop employee. What I wish I'd have seen with that show is more of a diversity of jobs. I do like the idea of the perks that Disney gives other then the normal health insurance such as the tickets and discounts. That is wonderful. The main thing for me though is just being there working in that setting. What I want to be able to do is when a vacationer walks through that door with a headache, fever, twisted ankle, overheated or whatever that when they go out that door they are leaving with a smile on their face and hopefully will be able to enjoy the remainder of their vacation. That is what I want if I would get the opportunity to become a Nurse at WDW.

Eamethyst

I have watched on Disney+ the One Day episodes and have gotten a sense of the different jobs and how the employees seem to like what they do. I do however understand they wouldn't put a disgruntled employee on the show so I am getting the cream of the crop employee. What I wish I'd have seen with that show is more of a diversity of jobs. I do like the idea of the perks that Disney gives other then the normal health insurance such as the tickets and discounts. That is wonderful. The main thing for me though is just being there working in that setting. What I want to be able to do is when a vacationer walks through that door with a headache, fever, twisted ankle, overheated or whatever that when they go out that door they are leaving with a smile on their face and hopefully will be able to enjoy the remainder of their vacation. That is what I want if I would get the opportunity to become a Nurse at WDW.
Are you currently down in the Orlando area or out of state? Disney does offer college credits. The medical side on Disney is more behind the scenes so people that visit Disney don't really see if unless someone got hurt, etc. There is allot of diversity with jobs and people at Disney. Every park, hotel/resort, Disney springs all have someone onsite for medical. The parks have infirmaries. There is opportunity at Disney.

The Mom

Premium Member
There's currently only one nursing job at WDW listed on Disney's job site. That one requires 3 years RN experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.

BSN required, Masters preferred, ie if someone with a Masters applies they will be given priority. So at least a BSN, plus 3+ years of varied experience, plus FL RN license and a FL driver's license. It appears that they would be more interested in someone already living in state, not a new graduate from out of state.

If your state is a member of the NLC? If so, you can transfer your license once you pass your boards.

Last edited:

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
BSN required, Masters preferred, ie if someone with a Masters applies they will be given priority. So at least a BSN, plus 3+ years of varied experience, plus FL RN license and a FL driver's license. It appears that they would be more interested in someone already living in state, not a new graduate from out of state.
Yes, I would get experience here at home preferably in an ER setting and than hopefully if my relationship goes to the next level which I hope it does during that time I will get married and then move to the Florida area and then obtain a Florida RN license and Florida driver's license along with residency as well. This is all several years away as I don't even graduate with my BSN until 2021 and then I would have to get experience under my belt.

I really appreciate appreciate all the information. I am just thinking ahead.

The Mom

Premium Member
Yes, I would get experience here at home preferably in an ER setting and than hopefully if my relationship goes to the next level which I hope it does during that time I will get married and then move to the Florida area and then obtain a Florida RN license and Florida driver's license along with residency as well. This is all several years away as I don't even graduate with my BSN until 2021 and then I would have to get experience under my belt.

I really appreciate appreciate all the information. I am just thinking ahead.

Just be prepared for a pay cut once you move to Florida. ;)

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Just be prepared for a pay cut once you move to Florida. ;)
Of course I need income, but I have wanted to help people for a very long time and wanted to be a Nurse for some time now. To do something I really enjoy doing in a place I love so much would be a dream of mine.

lazyboy97o

Neither Disney nor Reedy Creek Improvement District has a police force. Reedy Creek Improvement District May be a de facto Disney government but Reedy Creek Emergency Services, the Fire Department and EMT service, are not Disney employees.

Also just be aware that a lot of people learn the hard way that loving to vacation some place does not automatically translate to a positive work experience.

Lilofan

Neither Disney nor Reedy Creek Improvement District has a police force. Reedy Creek Improvement District May be a de facto Disney government but Reedy Creek Emergency Services, the Fire Department and EMT service, are not Disney employees.

Also just be aware that a lot of people learn the hard way that loving to vacation some place does not automatically translate to a positive work experience.
Agreed. I tell others who move to new surroundings. Give it a year. One can know if this is all what is cut out to be, and that goes for marriage too!

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thank You all for your information and help. I have heard that it is not all sunshine and butterflies working for WDW all the time and there are many employees who have had miserable experiences. Heck, it is work it isn't like I am going to be going off to work sing "Heigh Ho It's Off To Work I Go" every day just because I work at Disney. It is still working, but at least it is a job I find that I do enjoy doing and I do love WDW. As for if I do move to the area, I won't be going into the parks every single day. I imagine at first I will be really excited and go quite a bit, but then it will slow down. Now as for the marriage I am in a relationship with a wonderful man, I am hoping it will go to the next level in the near future but he just turned 22 and I am about to turn 22 later this month. We are still very young. So we have time and we are enjoying the time we have together. If things work out in the future for us which I certainly hope they do then we will proceed with that.

Journey_On

@*Jules*, I have enjoyed reading this thread. It’s funny, the timing of it because this morning I received an email from a recruiter about the very position. :)

I have not worked in this field at WDW, but I do currently work in this field at one of their competitors. ;) Please feel free to message me if you have any questions! Keep up the hard work and passion. I wish you the best in nursing school and your career.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@*Jules*, I have enjoyed reading this thread. It’s funny, the timing of it because this morning I received an email from a recruiter about the very position. :)

I have not worked in this field at WDW, but I do currently work in this field at one of their competitors. ;) Please feel free to message me if you have any questions! Keep up the hard work and passion. I wish you the best in nursing school and your career.
Thank You so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom