WDW over Christmas Holiday

magiconmainstrt

Early December is the best time of the year to go to Disney for us
We go every year at this time.
Plan ahead and early:
-Candlelight Processional is a great show to attend one evening. You will need to make reservations for the dinner show, it is multi-tier depending on the location and meal time.
There is a 515 showing and a later I believe around 800. We always go to the evening show with the dinner reservations prior. It is extremely long line, without dinner/show it would be difficult to attend.
There are multiple narrators of the show (different celebrities) but these have not been announced yet
-MGM has the Osborne Light Show-no additional ticket needed for this, but a equal must see-especially since the show is now put to music
-Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Show Tickets are now on sale, and is a special ticket purchase with a Christmas Parade, Holiday Shows and there is nothing like entering at night with the lights blinking AND SNOW ON MAIN STREET

sorry for the wordy response, but I just cant say enough about it, if you have any questions let me know

Happy Vacation Planning!
MagiconMainstrt

magiconmainstrt

By the Way See you all there Dec 4-Dec 12!
Can't wait, I have the week planned out--so we can take in all the Christmas Happenings--
Polynesian here we come!:xmas::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

dixiepixie

See you there!!!

I have been looking for tips about traveling over the week of Christmas everywhere...thank you so much for starting and contributing to this form. It has been SOOOOO informative...great tips and ideas.

We will be at the world December 22-December 27 this year. 9 of us in our Grand Gathering Christmas Trip. We are looking forward to it and can't wait.

I am preparing for crowds, but having been there only ever during Thanksgiving week, and having seen it get more crowded each year...I am wondering if anyone can comment on Christmas week being comparable to or any worse than Thanksgiving week? Any advice is appreciated.

We too plan to spread out, teens doing what they want and adults going there way, and meeting up during the day to do special things and certain rides together.

There will be no MVMCP's while we are there, we have seen most all decorations at the parks and resorts over our Thanksgiving trips, and Osborne Lights many times. ? ...... Any tips for Candlelight Processional? We would love to do it on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, and leaning to Christmas Day, as Epcot is said to be a little less crowded than MK that day. Any suggestions? Is the dinning package worth booking?

Thank you all .... and Merry Christmas "Evil Queen", maybe we will see you there:xmas:!

MagicMinnie

We are also going to be spending our first Christmas at Disney this year :)
I am busy planning everything here in the UK and trying to get as much info as needed.

We have three boys,12 years,4 years and little guy will be just 7 months when we go.
I am aware that it will take patience and time to see what we want to see due to crowds .
Has anyone travelled with a baby before at Christmas and any experiences?

zaberachi

hey folks im very new to this so bear with me does anybody have a definative plan for xmas day at the magic kingdom when is the best time to get there etc
this will be our first christmas in wdw and are so excited
we fly out on the 23rd of decenber staying at the caribbean beach resort
does any body have the best ideas for new years eve celebrations
hope you guys and gals can help me out

we have our 1st christmas trip planned for this year as well! Any good ideas about Christmas dinner? I have no clue who or how these are offered.
We usually go in May over Mothers day and rarely have a problem with crowds. I'm a little concerned about the crowds over the holiday.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
we did our first christmas at wdw in 2008 and i was soooo concerned with the crowds... which were bigger than i'd ever seen BUT i will say they were soooo well controlled by the cast members...anyway, i made our plans within whatever park we were visiting that day (including christmas day) and didn't do much park hopping and i made several reservations at resturants at hotels etc... like citricos after we spent a day at the parks we didn't do as much in. on christmas day we happened to do epcot and did a late breakfast at about 1030am (character breakfast) and an early dinner at 430 at the coral reef so we had time to do other activities. i made my reservations 100 days in advance (back when they did longer prebooking) and already had limited choices so make you meal plans as early as possible. and when we booked we were told the candlelight processional dinner packages sold out for christmas day and christmas eve within a few minutes on the day they went on sale.

agravette

With Galaxy Theater in Tomorrowland now closed, does anyone know where Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas reading will be held? I'd love to know, since I'm so looking forward to it. I hope they don't cut it out entirely!

kch4095

another Christmas question

We are going Dec 1-5. I already have tickets for MVMCP, but was wondering if I should get the dinner package reservations for the Candelight Processional. It requires 2 table service meals on the Dining Plan, and I hate to use 2 if the crowds are light enough that I should be able to get in the Processional anyway. Any advice?

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
I've been to wdw >25 times throughout my lifetime but only once (last year) at christmas. if you don't want to eat all your meals in a crowd at a stand up counter make your dining reservations as soon as possible. be ready for long lines at the big rides so go online and get an idea of what you and your party have as "a must do"... if possible fast pass it early or do them during traditional dinner time, extra magic hours, parades or fireworks. if you're actually there over christmas day decorate your hotel room and/or window (gots lots of little goodies in our room when we put up a little tree for our granddaughter). be patient and flexible, wear your MOST comfortable shoes and be ready for any type of weather. if your not from florida or haven't been here before it can be jacket weather or tank top and short weather. if you're there during the mvmcp it's soooo worth doing. if you want to do the candlelight processional at epcot avoid it on christmas day and christmas eve... waaaayyyy to crowded. i don't know if i'd do it again but i am sooooo glad i did it at least once. hope this helps a little. have fun!

Buzzer Beater

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll invite all my friends so we will have a good time this Christmas Vacation, plus we gonna share those expenses. :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

does any body have the best ideas for new years eve celebrations

Welcome aboard :wave:

Visir MK on Dec 30th and let in the New Year a day early. Then go to EPCOT (very early) on New Years Eve and stay all day - make sure you get to both showings of Illuminations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom