WDW Operations Wish List

disneyflush

Original Poster
As I read some of the threads on here I see more and more that this board is filled with extremely smart and passionate people who want only the best for the parks moving forward. What if tomorrow you woke up and Disney had announced some changes in the way the resort in Orlando is going to be doing business moving forward. What if they left a few of those decisions up to you and you had free reign to make any 2 changes happen. If you could institute 2 operational changes, any 2 changes regardless of cost, to any/all of the WDW theme parks, what would they be? I would:

1. Institute a rule where each merchandise location must carry unique merchandise.

2. Bring back the Adventurer's Club in Adventureland.

I know there are a ton of other things but they are 2 I would love to see. Anyone else?

Laura Ellen

I think the idea about unique merch is a great idea!

I really want to see a re-do of some of Epcot, i mean...some of it looks so outdated. Test Track's update and re-furb is great.

I guess i want to see them offer more unique safari options instead of just the Wild Africa Trek.

I mean my ultimate dream is to have the Indy ride at WDW but that probs won't happen :(

DRC68

Geez, I'd settle for just unique resort merch. After towing our camper down to FW all the way from MA. couple of summers ago, I couldn't even find FW bumpah stickah!

ABQ

Geez, I'd settle for just unique resort merch. After towing our camper down to FW all the way from MA. couple of summers ago, I couldn't even find FW bumpah stickah!
My friends had such a bumpah stickah back in the 80's, it was wicked ah. Sadly, such unique things exist no longah.

Gomer

I second the unique merchandise requirement. But as that has already been stated:

1. Bring the variety and quality back to Table Service restaurants. I miss having menus that you had to actually open as they wouldn't fit on a one-sheet.
2. Restore the opening ceremonies to all 4 parks. It's such a little thing that added so much to the beginning of a day. With FP+ soon reducing the need for rope drop arrival, it may be in their best interest to have some incentive to get people into the park early. As it is now, why bother rolling out of bed if you know you aren't missing anything and you have that 10:30 soarin ride time reserved.

Last edited:

wdwtopten

I second the unique merchandise requirement. But as that has already been stated:

1. Bring the variety and quality back to Table Service restaurants. I miss having menus that you had to actually open as they wouldn't fit on a one-sheet.
This is a big one for me too. It seems as though all of the menus are getting too similar.

Disvillain63

I like the rule about each merchandise location having unique merchandise. I remember staying and/or driving over to the different resorts to get a towel from each of them.

I think I'd bring back more characters and varied characters. There was a time when Town Square had 10 characters out at one time and another 4 characters at the entrance just inside the turnstiles. At least 3 to 4 characters were available in each land too.

jensenrick

1) Bring back live entertainment to MK and DTD.

2) Build Horizons 2.0 in Epcot. There should be at least one pavillion there that would deserve the name "Future World"

Figments Friend

-

Sorry, i have more then two.....

1. Build imaginative, inspiring, and timeless attractions and themed experiences that do not rely on currant IP 'trends' or shameless synergy marketing schemes.
2. Abolish the creative gapstop that is inter-Company politics ( especially at WDI )
3. No value engineering of major projects, and thoughfully healthy budgets for smaller projects.
4. Reinvest in EPCOT and revitalize the Park with experiences that present a experience that once again gives inspiration, empowerment, and true wonder to your Guests.
5. Stop the oversaturation of the time share racket known as 'Disney Vacation Club'....the 'great cancer of WDW'.
6. Park and Park Area specific merchandise in shops.
7. Clear up the walkways in the Parks by removing carts and other clutter. Food carts ...keep a few around, but Merch should go into the shops where it belongs.
8. Re-evaluate the food quality at your higher-end establishments.
9. Learn from the mistakes that will be coming with MM+/FP+....
10. Focus more on what is already there and get it to 100%...then look into expansion options if need be.
When i say 'expansion' i specifically mean within current existing properties..NOT a 'fifth gate'

Do these things, and the rest will follow...including increased Guest Satisfaction and sales dollars.

Weather_Lady

1 - Fix the Yeti.
2 - Fast-track all new developments. People who haven't been to WDW in a decade shouldn't return to find just one or two new attractions (balanced by the removal of one or two attractions). 7DMT should be open already. Avatarland should be finished in 18 months. Carsland or Star Wars land or whatever is going to happen at DHS should be completed in 24 months. Disney is a multi-billion-dollar corporation: it can make it happen, and it's nothing more than a ardly and short-sighted attitude that has permitted the Disney parks in Florida to stagnate (as compared to the nearby competitors) for so long.
3 - There should be NO UNUSED BUILDINGS in any park. The sad, empty spaces in Epcot are pathetic.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
No more items of any kind that state Disney Parks, park and resort specific items only including napkins, cups, etc. Attraction shops should be attraction specific items, no general park merchandise and should all fit the theme of the land they reside in. More villain merchandise, especially in the Villains in Vogue shop.

Add three/four attractions at DHS, two/three at EC and accelerate Pandora at AK. DHS needs a wider variety of attractions for young and old, I would love to see a couple C-D Ticket attractions and a new E-Ticket Star Wars anchor for the rumored Star Wars Land and removing the BAH leading the charge. Epcot need more attractions/shows, but not more dining & shopping. AK looks like they have enough planned to keep me quiet until I see it.

Add a fourth train station in the back of MK, create a villains island where they have been banished by all the heroes. This area would be themed to keep it light enough not to scare small children but dark enough to satisfy everyone wanting MORE VILLAINS in the parks.

Expand EC Monorail loop to DHS and the EC resorts.

Expand and randomize character walk-arounds throughout the parks, bring back the villains to their respective areas at times.

luv

1. Replace all the stuff that was cut - this means consistent and good water pressure in bathroom sinks, more singing/dancing people, street entertainment, landscaping, maintenance (clean it up!), etc.

2. Build some cool rides, including a couple state-of-the-art thrill coasters.

profscottraynor

-

Sorry, i have more then two.....

1. Build imaginative, inspiring, and timeless attractions and themed experiences that do not rely on currant IP 'trends' or shameless synergy marketing schemes.
2. Abolish the creative gapstop that is inter-Company politics ( especially at WDI )
3. No value engineering of major projects, and thoughfully healthy budgets for smaller projects.
4. Reinvest in EPCOT and revitalize the Park with experiences that present a experience that once again gives inspiration, empowerment, and true wonder to your Guests.
5. Stop the oversaturation of the time share racket known as 'Disney Vacation Club'....the 'great cancer of WDW'.
6. Park and Park Area specific merchandise in shops.
7. Clear up the walkways in the Parks by removing carts and other clutter. Food carts ...keep a few around, but Merch should go into the shops where it belongs.
8. Re-evaluate the food quality at your higher-end establishments.
9. Learn from the mistakes that will be coming with MM+/FP+....
10. Focus more on what is already there and get it to 100%...then look into expansion options if need be.
When i say 'expansion' i specifically mean within current existing properties..NOT a 'fifth gate'

Do these things, and the rest will follow...including increased Guest Satisfaction and sales dollars.
Hey Figment Friend. I'm not a DVC owner but I am trying to figure out #5. Can you explain that one? I can't figure out how it can be that bad for the parks.

Zweiland

Hey Figment Friend. I'm not a DVC owner but I am trying to figure out #5. Can you explain that one? I can't figure out how it can be that bad for the parks.

From what I can tell, it's not DVC itself. It's the overabundance of the kiosks throughout the parks.

Take a look at this picture.

image-jpg.36443

Let me ask you, do we really need ANOTHER DVC kiosk to supplement the multitude of others already in WDW? The space in that building next to SDMT could have been utilized for a MUCH better purpose.

profscottraynor

From what I can tell, it's not DVC itself. It's the overabundance of the kiosks throughout the parks.

Take a look at this picture.

image-jpg.36443

Let me ask you, do we really need ANOTHER DVC kiosk to supplement the multitude of others already in WDW? The space in that building next to SDMT could have been utilized for a MUCH better purpose.

Ok....Now I see what you mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom