WDW On Property Rent A Car Facility Questions?

disneytopdog

Has anybody out there rented from this place?

Is it cheaper to rent a car from here or at the airport?

How much of a pain(getting to and from rental lot) is it?

Can you book the car online or do you have to go through the Disney reservations line?

What rental company is it ie. Budget, Hertz, Enterprise?

Any info is helpful.

the company that is on property is National and they are located in the auto plaza at the exit of Magic Kingdom where the Hess gas station is ... that being said, most of the major car rental companies (Hertz, Avis, Budget, Alamo, Enterprise) will do pick-ups and drop offs at on property hotels and ones adjacent to WDW ... you would have to rent from one of the local offices (not the a/p ones) for example Hertz Local Edition .... it can be slightly cheaper as you will not have to pay airport concession recovery fees (the fees airports charge car rental companies to be able to do business on airport property) ... you're gonna have to do some research with each company to find out best price, hotel p/u & d/o , but it can be worth it price wise in the long run ... also, the more in advance you book a reservation, the cheaper it will be ... good luck :wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

The desk at the Car Care Center is both National and Alamo. Check both companies for rates, as they aren't always the same. (I get really good deals with Alamo) They will send a van to pick you up at your hotel, you just need to arrange it the day before your pickup.

There is also a National/Alamo desk at the Dolphin, so if you're staying in the Epcot area, it's a simple walk. Other major companies have desks at hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Phonedave

The desk at the Car Care Center is both National and Alamo. Check both companies for rates, as they aren't always the same. (I get really good deals with Alamo) They will send a van to pick you up at your hotel, you just need to arrange it the day before your pickup.

There is also a National/Alamo desk at the Dolphin, so if you're staying in the Epcot area, it's a simple walk. Other major companies have desks at hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd.

-Rob

i have rented at MCO and dropped off at the Dolphin a number of times. It does not cost any extra.

The rental desks at the Dolphin are on the back side of the main lobby (towards the water) and are open normal business hours - I forget exactly what hours, but something like 8 - 6 or so. You can drop off a car 24/7 with the valet at the front of the hotel.

-dave

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

i have rented at MCO and dropped off at the Dolphin a number of times. It does not cost any extra.
But it is almost always cheaper to pickup at the airport, even if you're dropping off elsewhere. Last time we considered flying (we wound up driving down), I priced cars from Alamo AND National, both by picking up/dropping off at MCO, and picking up a car at WDW the day after arrival, and dropping it off the day of departure and getting to and from the airport using Magical Express. The trip was long enough that weekly rates and discounts would've applied either way, and it was over 100 dollars more having the car for one less day.

Upvote 0

stevediesel

SHOP AROUND. I rented about three weeks ago, 8 days for $80 @ Alamo picking up @ MCO. Booked right from the Alamo website, used an offer off their site & another one I found @ mousesavers.com. $80 is what Alamo was originally had me booked for 3 days picking up @ the car care center! Also I found that booking about 3 days before renting was about a third less than renting far in advance as a previous poster stated.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Original Poster
thanks for the info....I want to try a rent car for this coming trip. Not use the park to resort transportation at the begining and end of the day. Just dont want to spend a huge amount.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

But it is almost always cheaper to pickup at the airport, even if you're dropping off elsewhere. Last time we considered flying (we wound up driving down), I priced cars from Alamo AND National, both by picking up/dropping off at MCO, and picking up a car at WDW the day after arrival, and dropping it off the day of departure and getting to and from the airport using Magical Express. The trip was long enough that weekly rates and discounts would've applied either way, and it was over 100 dollars more having the car for one less day.

I never tried that. If I am on vacation (and only vacation) I don't rent - thats what the DME is for :)

However if I am there on work, I rent for work, at the airport. Then I work for 3-4 days, and then drive over to WDW. I drop the car off at the Dolphin, stay for a few days, and take DME to the airport. Trust me, I had to make sure (for work) that returning it at the Dolphin did not cost any extra :) So I guess that rules out going down early, and then picking up the rental at the Dolphin, not that I would ever want to do that anyway.

-dave

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Your best bet..

Is waiting as long as you can and book online.
I've noticed the closer to your date the cheaper the car.

Use Hotwire or something similar and do yourself a favor get one of the places in Airport. easy on easy off.

We rented from the WDW on site rental place and it was quite a few bucks more and ever since then we've gone with getting our cars from one of the rentals places at the MCO.

Hope this helps and Have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom