WDW on New Monopoly

animay

The whole point of the project is to update Monopoly to modern times. Electricity and plumbing are still pretty popular so maybe they'll just leave them be. :D

supapampam said:
I have a 5 different themed versions of Monopoly, Disney (it's general stuff) being one of them and I would buy a new one if they made it especially if it has all the parks.

They have a fantastic Disney theme park version of Monopoly that they sell at the parks where you buy the rides. Though it's all the parks around the world, not just WDW.

For those interested (and because I like to make lists) the properties are:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, Star Tours, Orbitron, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Castle Carrousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Hollywood Tower Hotel, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Spaceship Earth, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Splash Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Mad Tea Party, California Screamin', It's a Small World, and the Matterhorn

The railroads are various Disney transportation: train, boat, bus, and monorail. The utilities are two of the Disney Cruiseline ships.

Skippy

Wow... WDW is sure killing the others... way to go!...

They should make a Disney World complete monopoly game.. with attractions instead of properties... Woohoo I have a monopoly on Former Epcot! Horizons - World of Motion - Wonders of Life!

okay, done playing in my head.

edit. so they do have a parks one? hm.. could be fun, i thought they just had one for movies. oh well. i still want my monopoly up there..

RandomHero914

DisneyCP2000 said:
Interesting...but what would replace Baltic & Mediterranean on the board if WDW were to win?
Well, the official rules stated that the number (or percentage) of votes that each landmark receives will determine where they will be placed on the board. So all that basically means is two of the winners with the "lowest" percentages will most likely be placed in the beginning and take those spots. But so far it seems as if we don't have to worry about WDW ever occupying those spaces because it is, at the moment, the second highest-voted landmark with 92%... only followed by the Gateway Arch which has 95% of the vote for St. Louis.

Magic Maker

It almost hurt having the opportunity to have something other than Disney represent Orlando... I was born and raised here. Still I must be crazy.

EDIT: Just read the rules.... oh...

obi1_kenobi

Connor002 said:
Seems like the vote is going... very predictably...

definitely....i agree that this is a very kool idea, but really all it is doing is promoting the game itself - i mean if they were to make a monopoly game based on the major US cities without having any online voting, they probably would have made the same exact game that is going to be made after the votes are tallied. the most identifyable landmark from each city is winning by a landslide over the other two.
i mean i was excited when i got to the page too, but really how exciting is it to pick whether disney world/liberty bell/white house et al is kentucky, illinois, or indiana?
ANYWAY, i LOVE disney world AND monopoly - so thanks to the starter of this thread, because i can't wait to pick up this iteration of my favorite board game.

ToTBellHop

RandomHero914 said:
Well, the official rules stated that the number (or percentage) of votes that each landmark receives will determine where they will be placed on the board. So all that basically means is two of the winners with the "lowest" percentages will most likely be placed in the beginning and take those spots. But so far it seems as if we don't have to worry about WDW ever occupying those spaces because it is, at the moment, the second highest-voted landmark with 92%... only followed by the Gateway Arch which has 95% of the vote for St. Louis.
I don't believe that's how it works--the total number of votes determines placement, and the winning landmark is depicted--so currently, New York holds the covetted Boardwalk spot, and Orlando is somewhere toward the middle of the board and will certainly have Cinderella Castle as its picture.

ctwhalerman

Connor002 said:
Seems like the vote is going... very predictably...

It very much is. It's a shame a beautiful city like Boston is going to be represented by Fenway Park (which, with no offense to anyone, is a dump, albeit a clean dump now) instead of all the beautiful and historical architecture in that city. Same with the great city of Chicago. In New York, the Empire State Building or the Chrysler Building would be the best representation (though I'd pick the Library, the Metropolitan Museum, or the Guggenheim), and yet the touristy Times Square, the place New Yorkers loathe the most, will end up on the board. And no offense to anyone from Phoenix or Denver, but the choices there seem a bit light too. Oh well, pointless complaining. :hammer:

ClemsonTigger said:
I understand major airports will replace the railroads, don't know about the utilities.
This is a bummer. I would have liked to have seen the railroads replaced with grand, iconic train stations, such as Grand Central in NYC, Union Station in Washington, Union Station in Chicago, and Union Station in LA.

RandomHero914

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I don't believe that's how it works--the total number of votes determines placement, and the winning landmark is depicted--so currently, New York holds the covetted Boardwalk spot, and Orlando is somewhere toward the middle of the board and will certainly have Cinderella Castle as its picture.
Well... I was somewhat thinking about it that way, so I guess I didn't explain myself cleary enough or maybe I just interpreted the rules incorrectly. Either way Orlando/WDW is certainly up there, so as you stated it will most likely be located towards the "middle" area of the board.

shoppingnut

Very cool, thanks for posting. I put my vote in for WDW. I'm very disappointed in the NY choices, where the statue of liberty, empire state building.

AngryEyes

Well, it seems that if the railroads are going to be replaced by airlines, the focus should be on the tourist destinations, whether the locals agree or not. I live in Las Vegas and I never go near any of those places, if I can help it. The last time I was on the Strip (Las Vegas Blvd.) was at least a year ago. I honestly don't even remember. So, even though you might not agree with the choices, I guess those are the places most tourists would have on their list of places to see.

I was happy to see the ballparks at the top. I know when I go to a city with a Major League ballpark, it's always at the top of my list.

phillipsa9

i voted for wdw... glad thats going to make it on the board... Does anyone else think that the options for voting are just weird? As far as landmarks go i think some of the most recognizeable in the country have been left out. And the cities they have picked? Minneapolis? Cleaveland? Why not pittsburgh?

DisneyBuff

I was just reading that you can vote daily. So each day you can go back and vote again. You can also click on "check live Results" and hover over the cities to see the current results. Like Orlando only having 80,000 votes verse DC having over 90,000.

Huge Dreamer

phillipsa9 said:
And the cities they have picked? Minneapolis? Cleaveland? Why not pittsburgh?
I can think of one reason Minneapolis and not pittsburgh. Something to do with a Mall and it haveing a park inside it and something about that mall being really big.

phillipsa9

Huge Dreamer said:
I can think of one reason Minneapolis and not pittsburgh. Something to do with a Mall and it haveing a park inside it and something about that mall being really big.

alright ill give you that the mall of america is a coll place but is the mall of america really something actually associated with america in the here and now? is it really a symbol of our country in the same respect as WDW?

flscooman

Magic Maker said:
It almost hurt having the opportunity to have something other than Disney represent Orlando... I was born and raised here. Still I must be crazy.

EDIT: Just read the rules.... oh...
They didn't do much research they have Church Street Station listed as one of the choices for Orlando

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom