WDW next park

When we were there in 2001, a bus driver said he had been in a meeting where they mentioned a new theme park being considered. He said that they refered to it as "Coaster Kingdom" He didn't say when it might be built. I think this would be an incredible park. I can imagine what Disney would do with this concept, and I can't wait to see!!:D

AndyMagic

Originally posted by BigNorm
I'm a little bit of a history freak so personally, I'm ready for the long overdue, and much talked about, Disney's America! It's time that this thing gets built! I'd love to see a Ben and Me attraction or a Johnny Appleseed restaurant. The possibilites are endless
After The Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square, and The American Adventure at Epcot, I don't think Disney World needs any more patriotic attractions let alone an entire new park. Disney's America was to be built in Virginia and it was never planned as a 5th Disney World park anyway.

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by Becky
Danny, you have discribed my fifth park:cool: All the rides and shows we loved that are gone. Horizons, 20,000 Leagues, Toad, the "real"Lion King show, Mickey's Birthday Land cupcakes, CoP that ran year round (move it, fix it, run it ), etc.

I'd pay $100 or more for a day at that park:D :sohappy:

I agree with Becky...I wanna see a new park that features a lot of the rides from the past. I miss 'em!!! :(

DarkImage4

On our last trip on Keys to the Kingdom...our tour guide said that 75% of Disney property is set aside as nature preserves..and they're currently using 18%. If my memory is correct and my math isn't bad then they've only got 7% of the property left to develop.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DarkImage4
On our last trip on Keys to the Kingdom...our tour guide said that 75% of Disney property is set aside as nature preserves..and they're currently using 18%. If my memory is correct and my math isn't bad then they've only got 7% of the property left to develop.

Yes, but for the most part they are voluntary preserves, meaning that they could take some of the land to develop if they really wanted to.

TheOneVader

Originally posted by the-reason
If WDW could build another theme park,(in about 15 to 20 yrs.)...

I seriously doubt it'll be 20 year. Prollly like in 8 or something there'll be a new park. I mean, there was only 11 years in between MK and Ecot, and 7 between Epcot and MGM. And 9 years between MGM and AK. I'd say actually, in about 5 years they'll have one.

Koda-bear

Re: Re: WDW next park

Originally posted by TheOneVader
I seriously doubt it'll be 20 year. Prollly like in 8 or something there'll be a new park. I mean, there was only 11 years in between MK and Ecot, and 7 between Epcot and MGM. And 9 years between MGM and AK. I'd say actually, in about 5 years they'll have one.

I'd disagree....Disney is focusing more on renovations at this point...I think they know that building a new park won't make the problems of the other ones go away...IMHO:)

I think Disney needs another water park...
Disney's water parks are very basic...with exception to their kids areas, the shark tank, and large wave pool....
Disney could really raise the bar on this...for instance...combining rides from Schlitterbahn Waterpark (http://www.schlitterbahn.com/) with a disney twist...still having a family park...but adding more thrill rides...
Besides....Disney water parks are already swamped by early afternoon anyways....if anything it shortens lines...allowing for more enjoyment, and use of rides...plus another hit spot for you floridians...

hey you guys never said the new park couldn't be water!:animwink:

netenyahoo

With the current mindset of Disney I don't think we'll see a new park for a few years. Maybe in like 10 years I think. I really think they should expand MGM and AK and fix up Epcot. MK could also use something in that lagoon and an updated Fantasyland.

cookiee_munster

To me my kind of park wouldn't be a park filled with rollercoasters, but a good substantial amount of thrill rides, track and flat and incredible water ones.
A totally new park based for the teens is a big no no, in my point of view, i am a teen, but i would much prefer it if its focused more on a more older family vibe, maybe families with much more older teenage/older siblings that want to ride together for thrills.
Also i think this should be a park that has no connection with the Disney films, I've noticed that rides with no Disney's film connection are just as good. Ones like tower of terror, Space Mountain etc. I just get the impression that because the ride is based on a Disney movie it must be as amazing just like the movie itself, all Disney rides don't need it, their amazing on their own.
If there were a number of coasters i think Disney should search wider in the coaster market and possibly consider producing some amazing B+M coasters, one example would be Nemesis, it may be 10 years old next year but hey its still considered as one of the best coasters still.
I'd like a Disney park to contain a few more coasters but not hundreds and millions, but I'd like them all to be themed incredibly well to Disney standards, maybe do a nemesis and actually put one coaster in huge trenches so its hidden and adds more to the thrill... A Disney villains theme would be pretty cool, but to conceptualise it, is hard to actually put it down on what it would actually be like?
Disney sea is another great idea of bringing it to Orlando, but i think WDW needs something totally unique and not done before, even though a Disney Sea would be amazing :)

though this is just my opinion...

Danny, you have discribed my fifth park:cool: All the rides and shows we loved that are gone. Horizons, 20,000 Leagues, Toad, the "real"Lion King show, Mickey's Birthday Land cupcakes, CoP that ran year round (move it, fix it, run it ), etc.

I just had a brainstorm. someone might have said this but i didnt read all the post. Why dont they bring all the rides out of retirement and let them have there own park . you can call it Elderland. Or even split it into two sections and have one part for the old and some for the new.

mkepcotmgmak

i would love to see a villains park with about 5 coasters at least, and some great dark rides, like
Hades' Underworld and such... it could be kind of like the MK but Maleficent has cast a spell over the park, and invited all of her villaneous friends over for a bash. at the close of the park every night the party would begin, (in true disney show form) and the spell would be broken when mickey and the protagonists come in a save the night... each and evey night...

i would also love to see a MUSIC park. disney music is SO incredibly important! the lands would be... Fantasia, Silly Symphonies, Decades (ranging from swing music to disco to pop) and the ever so important SOUNDTRACK with a great 3D movie.

Fantasia would be SO colorful with centaurs and flower mushrooms running around, and have BALD HILL with Chernabog (a great and sppppookky e-ride coaster.))
Silly symphonies were such an intrical part of the disney co. the flowers and the trees, musicland, the three little pigs, and so many more.. anyway, just a thought.

(also a park about ancient civilizations with pyramids, and greek mythological creatures ruled by the god zeus and MOUNT OLYMPUS would be the icon and setting for a great evening show put on by the gods, and none other than HERCULES... but there would also by lands, Greece, The Falling Roman Empire, Land of the Dragons and a few more...

Don L Duck

I agree 100 percent they could call it "Retro Kingdom"
All of the great rides of the past would make a comeback.
Oh dare to dream....................

Bagheera

Re: Re: Re: WDW next park

Originally posted by Koda-bear I think Disney needs another water park...
Disney's water parks are very basic...with exception to their kids areas, the shark tank, and large wave pool....
Disney could really raise the bar on this...for instance...combining rides from Schlitterbahn Waterpark (http://www.schlitterbahn.com/) with a disney twist...still having a family park...but adding more thrill rides...

Actually, the current rumor is that a Schlitterbahn-style water coaster will be the next addition to Typhoon Lagoon.

Koda-bear

Re: Re: Re: Re: WDW next park

Originally posted by Bagheera
Actually, the current rumor is that a Schlitterbahn-style water coaster will be the next addition to Typhoon Lagoon.

that mega blaster coaster is amazing!
between that and the buggie board ride...oh...it would be so awsome!
thanks for the info!

misskat

i love the idea of the heros/villains parks. disney villains are brilliant, they should be celebrated!

also about the music, even if this isn't a theme for a park (can't see that it could sustain a whole new park) i think it should be incorporated more into the existing ones.

as much as Disneys America sounds charming and good, would it really help secure the overseas visitors that are so vital to the park's income? i can't speak for everyone not from the US, but we don't tend to linger over the patriotic attractions, and if we do see them, we don't see them all! The american spirit is embodied in all the disney parks, it doesn't need an extra land!

Shaman

Originally posted by misskat
As much as Disneys America sounds charming and good, would it really help secure the overseas visitors that are so vital to the park's income? i can't speak for everyone not from the US, but we don't tend to linger over the patriotic attractions, and if we do see them, we don't see them all! The american spirit is embodied in all the disney parks, it doesn't need an extra land!

I agree...a Disney American Adventure Park would not offer any escapism (and we all know how good those types of parks do....cough cough...DCA)....Personally, I think that WDW needs a Sea World type of park....like Animal Kingdom...Disney's....Ocean Kingdom...will showcase animals.... sea creatures to be more exact....mix in a whole mess of water type rides...plus coasters....this park would go well with movies like Atlantis: The Lost Empire (and can even be themed according to Atlantis in the movie).......

Disney has alot of land to build on....I would say they have space for three more decent sized parks and maybe a couple of resorts (though I doubt WDW will ever have seven parks)....just my opinion.

the-reason

Original Poster
Well the point with that is,Disney knows building rollercoasters
wasnt and probably never will be there thing,but in order to
compete they may wanna do that.Ya see,the disney people
never at once wants someone on their property,and then leave to go to one of its competiter parks.They would rather have people have an entire disney vacation(DW,no other than DW)
than people going somewhere else to get thrills,they rather you get at disney,and not even think about the IOA or SW,that
what they prob. think

and I do agree a coaster park is so not who disney is,but cha
gotto build wacha gotta build:)

djmatthews

What about Disney Sea Orlando? I think that park looks fantastic. I do however think that WDW needs to improve its parks, removing defunct buildings and attractions, and replacing them with crowd pullers. I personally think money needs to be invested into Epcot the most. AK will have EE, but could probably do with another mythical land. MK needs to sort out the lagoon, skyway areas; IF CoP and timekeeper were to close (HOPE NOT), that area could mean a massive expansion to New Tomorrow Land, and a new futuristic ride of some kind. MGM, I think is a good park, with good new attractions, and a wide variety of entertainment - shows, white knuckle rides and nice family dark ride. I would love to see a third water park.

In my photo album is an arial view of the whole of WDW so you canm see how much space is left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom