WDW May 2007

k.hunter30

I didn't see a thread yet for May trips so here we go...
Who's going to be there in May? How do you expect the crowds to be? What have you planned? Where are you staying? What do you expect to be the highlight of your trip?

For me: We'll be at POFQ May 5-11. There's 8 of us!
Dining has been reserved - 5/5 dinner @ Boma; 5/6 dinner @ Chefs de France; 5/7 lunch @ CRT; 5/8 dinner@ Le Cellier; 5/10 dinner @ Raglan Road (we might change this)

Park visits/events definites -
5/5 first day at WDW EVER for DH and he wants to go to Epcot first.
5/6 MK evening hours
5/7 If not too worn out from evening hours, AK morning hours. Grand Gathering Wishes Cruise that evening
5/10 Spectromagic parade then maybe head over to Jellyrolls
Aside from this and our ressies, we're open to which park we'll be at when the rest of the time.

I'm most looking forward to the Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks Cruise!

Might I run into any of you?:rolleyes:

mitchk

I'll miss you by 9 days. I'll be there May 20-27. I Already have reversions at Mamma Melrose, Le Cellier, The Crystal Palace, and Oliva's Cafe. We still need to make a few more, but I think my soon to be wife has that covered. Have a magical trip :king: Sorry I'll miss ya, it's always fun to know when people from here are at Disney the same time you are. Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

JuliB

Yes! We're Going in May!!

My family is going May 18-25. It will be a family birthday celebration for my cousin & I turning 50 this year. Our children and grandchildren are all coming and we will all be at the Fort Wilderness Campground.

We are have 5 fun-filled days planned and will be eating @ Mama Melrose, House of Blues, Fulton Crab House, Hoop-de-dooh and breakfast with Lilo & Stitch.

I am hoping the highlight of the trip will be my granddaughter having breakfast with Cinderella which will be a complete surprise to her! That's the one part of the trip she knows nothing about. :king:

51 days & counting!!! Whoooooo Hoooooo!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
My family is going May 18-25. It will be a family birthday celebration for my cousin & I turning 50 this year. Our children and grandchildren are all coming and we will all be at the Fort Wilderness Campground.

We are have 5 fun-filled days planned and will be eating @ Mama Melrose, House of Blues, Fulton Crab House, Hoop-de-dooh and breakfast with Lilo & Stitch.

I am hoping the highlight of the trip will be my granddaughter having breakfast with Cinderella which will be a complete surprise to her! That's the one part of the trip she knows nothing about. :king:

51 days & counting!!! Whoooooo Hoooooo!!:sohappy:
How fun!:D

Upvote 0

PLTram

May

We have reservations for May 4 thru 13. We plan on being at Epcot on 5/5 also. Then BB, MGM, TL, AK, MK, BB, MK on each subsequent day.

I was just checking the hours, and oddly, on the days we plan on attending, both MGM and MK are open, during the weeknight, longer than their normal closing time during that week. Does this mean some big group is expected and that we can expect larger crowds?

This is the first trip to WDW for our kids (3 and 6) and the first trip for my wife and I since 2000.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

We'll be there May 19 to 26.:sohappy: CAN NOT WAIT!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Uh, er...sorry...got carried away for a moment. Despite what my banner at the bottom says, we are not staying at the Swan. We are staying at the Polynesian, but my family doesn't know it, I'm surprising them. It will be our first stay at a monorail resort. Normally we try and stay at AKL, we love the theming and my wife is a big giraffe fan. We are doing the Spirit of Aloha show for the first time, and Crystal Palace for the first time. Also got ADR's at Chefs De France (first time), Biergarten, Crystal Palace (first time), Tony's (first time), Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, as well as numerous counter stops.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the surprise of the Poly. My wife will notice immediately when I drive past the exit sign for the Swan. I'm trying to come up with some story, but haven't decided on anything yet. I'm not good at keeping secrets from her.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

I just booked our trip today for May 16-24th! I used a code I found on mousesavers for the MYW plus dining. We wanted to stay at POR or AKL but unfortunately it was all out for those resorts, so we're going with POP. Anyone else use the spring special code? I'm going to try and make our ADR's tonight! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

I didn't see a thread yet for May trips so here we go...
Who's going to be there in May? How do you expect the crowds to be? What have you planned? Where are you staying? What do you expect to be the highlight of your trip?

For me: We'll be at POFQ May 5-11. There's 8 of us!
Dining has been reserved - 5/5 7:30p @ Boma; 5/6 5:00p @ Chefs de France; 5/7 2:30p @ CRT; 5/8 4:00p @ Le Cellier; 5/10 5:00p @ Raglan Road (we might change this)

Park visits/events definites -
5/5 first day at WDW EVER for DH and he wants to go to Epcot first.
5/6 MK evening hours
5/7 If not too worn out from evening hours, AK morning hours. Grand Gathering Wishes Cruise that evening
5/10 Spectromagic parade then maybe head over to Jellyrolls
Aside from this and our ressies, we're open to which park we'll be at when the rest of the time.

I'm most looking forward to the Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks Cruise!

Might I run into any of you?:rolleyes:

We have reservations for May 4 thru 13. We plan on being at Epcot on 5/5 also. Then BB, MGM, TL, AK, MK, BB, MK on each subsequent day.

I was just checking the hours, and oddly, on the days we plan on attending, both MGM and MK are open, during the weeknight, longer than their normal closing time during that week. Does this mean some big group is expected and that we can expect larger crowds?

This is the first trip to WDW for our kids (3 and 6) and the first trip for my wife and I since 2000.

We'll be at Epcot on May 5th as well! We'll be leaving for home the next day :cry:

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

We're going the 21-27 at AKL. I am expecting the crowds to be moderate, although May has become a very popular month to visit. We have a 7 am flight from Detroit-should be fun with a woken-up 10 month old. We should arrive by 10:30 am by the time DME drops us off. We always do MK first-HM is our traditional first attraction. After that, it's up in the air as to where we go. We have ADR's for Boma, CP, and SciFi. This trip should be the BEST since our little guy will be so in tune with what is going on! Have great trips, fellow May visitors!

Upvote 0

TikiBeckie

We will be there the 10-14th, my best friend and I are going and she has never been! We are doing every park, staying at the CBR, and eating at Prime Time, Marrakesh, Coral Reef and Chef mickey's!

Upvote 0

tink81

I am waiting to get approval to go to a conference from May 8-11 at Coronado Springs, here's hopin' the boss opens up the coffers and permits me to go!!!! I need a Disney fix- my next trip isn't until Decemeber!

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I am waiting to get approval to go to a conference from May 8-11 at Coronado Springs, here's hopin' the boss opens up the coffers and permits me to go!!!! I need a Disney fix- my next trip isn't until Decemeber!

What is the conference? what sized group do you think will be there?

Upvote 0

SteveUK

I'll be there from April 29 - May 13. I haven't got any fixed plans - I don't like to plan that rigidly, I know what I want to do, and will just see how I feel and do what I want when I feel like it.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

Yes for May

37 more days left. Its getting pretty exciting.

DW and I will be there starting May 6 and leaving late on Sunday May 13th.
We are bringing her parents with us this trip and will be staying at our timeshare in Orlando, The Vistana Villages. We've put together a nifty little planning calendar for that week which shows at a glance for each day, the park hours, EMH parks, Special events & times (wishes, Stars & Cars, Fantasmic), expected crowd rating, best & worst recommendations for parks, and expected weather.
The planner divides the day up in half-hour increments. I have pre-formatted schedule blocks which can be pasted into each day and sized to match the time used for the day's events. And I write on the blocks a brief, shorthand of the touring plan for the park we visit. Its really cool and allows us to really organize how we spend our time down there.

Later in the week we have friends of our that will be taking up an open bed from the 9th through the 13th. We've been dying to have these friends join us in Disney.... and this is the year they can come.

So to recap... Sun to Sun May 6-13th. All parks as many times as possible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom