WDW March Madness 2K6

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
It's that time of year once again, when every discussion of what is the best of anything can only be settled one way: With a massive single-elimination bracket style tournament!

For the 5th year in a row, it's March Madness time on the boards. This year, SpongeScott and I are going to share the duties, on the way to crowning the top attraction on all of WDW property.

My job is going to be actually assembling the tournament, and this thread is to decide who actually participates.

Soooo here is what I want from all of you. Nominate 64 attractions that you think should be included in this year's tournament AND please rank them in groups of 4, from 1 to 16.

An example of what I'm looking for would be something like this:

#1: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror
<snip>
# 16: Tiki Room Under New Management, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Stitch's Great Escape, Pocahontas and her Forest Friends

I'll take nominations for a limited time (3 or 4 days depending on the response) and then tally up the highest vote-getters and rank them based on your rankings.

We're also going to try expanding this a bit this year and run a concurrent, NIT-style contest featuring restaurants, shops and resorts. Nominations for that contest will be in a separate thread.

So let's get going. I'll try to post a complete list of attractions for you guys to use shortly. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
OK, I think the easiest way to get attractions lists involved here is to post links. These should be complete, but if there's something you feel like needs to be included that isn't listed here, we're not going to be Nazis about it. Just bear in mind that no restaurants or overt shopping locations should be included and we'll be fine.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkListing?id=MKAttractionListingPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkListing?id=EPAttractionListingPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkListing?id=MGMAttractionListingPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkListing?id=AKAttractionListingPage

GenerationX

Okay, it's Selection Sunday, and as a member of the committee, I respectfully submit my seedings:

#1: Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Soarin', Haunted Mansion
#2: Muppetvision 3D, Space Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safaris, FotLK
#3: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Test Track, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey's PhilharMagic
#4: Illuminations, Fantasmic, Wishes, Indy Stunt Spectacular
#5: ITTBAB, BTMRR, WWtbaM:pI, Dinosaur
#6: Many Adventures of Pooh, Turtle Talk, TTA, Ellen's Energy Adventure
#7: Impressions de France, Living with the Land, Kali River Rapids, PotC
#8: Tom Sawyer Island, Jungle Cruise, Boneyard, Flights of Wonder
#9: Maelstrom, Mission:Space, Pangani, Maharajah
#10: Peter Pan, Living Seas, Hall of Presidents, Journey into Your Imagination
#11: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany
#12: Italy, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco
#13: France, U.K., Canada, WDW Railroad
#14: Innoventions, Living Seas, HISTK:Movie Set, Enchanted Tiki Birds
#15: Star Tours, Spaceship Earth, Swiss Family Treehouse, HISTA
#16: CoP, IASW, Primeval Whirl, One Man's Dream

Also, as a member of the Selection Committee, I have another suggestion. Perhaps the four brackets could be: Thrill Rides, Dark Rides, Shows, and Walkthroughs. Shows could include movies and parades. Walkthroughs could include pavilions and playgrounds.

Pongo

1. Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin', Illuminations
2. Astro-Orbiter, Splash Mountain, TTA, Living with the Land
3. Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tower of Terror, The Living Seas
4. Carousel of Progress, Conservation Station, Rock n Roller Coaster, Innoventions
5. Spaceship Earth, Big Thunder Mountain, One Man's Dream, it's a small world
6. Mission Space, Test Track, Indiana Jones epic Stung Spectacular, Wishes
7. Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight, Maelstrom
8. El Rio Del Tiempo, Jouney Into Your Imagination with Figment, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Mickey's Philharmagic
9. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Universe of Energy, Germany
10. Canada, Stitch's Great Escape!, Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride
11. Mexico, The American Adventure, Tom Sawyer Island, Dumbo
12. Primeval Whirl, Morocco, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, Snow White's Scary Adventure
13. Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, Japan, United Kingdom
14. Cinderalla's Golden Carousel, Club Cool, China, Norway
15. Italy, France, The Hall of Presiednts, Share a Dream Come True Parade
16. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Stars and Motor Cars Parade, TriceraTop Spin, Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Thanks for the entries so far. I'll give this another day or two before sitting down to design the brackets.

Computer Magic

1) Kilimanjaro Safaris, FotLK,Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Soarin
2) Turtle Talk, Splash Mountain. Maharajah Jungle Trek®, Expedition Everest
3) DINOSAUR, WWTBM, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, PotCaribbean
4) HMansion, COP, VoLM, Space Mountain
5) Muppet Vision 3-D, Mickey's PhilharMagic, ITtbB®,, Star Tours
6) American Adventure, WDW Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Flights of Wonder
7) Hall of Presidents, Illuminations, Wishes, Buzz Lightyear's
8) Ellen's Energy Adventure, TTA, , Fantasmic, Backlot Tour
9) Swiss Family Treehouse, HIStK, JIIWF,China
10) Country Bear Jamboree, Snow White's Scary Adventure, Living Sea, One Man's Dream
11)Share a Dream Come True Parade,Indy Speedway, Japan, United Kingdom
12)Liberty Square Riverboat,Circle of Life ,Living with the Land,GMR
14) Enchanted Tiki Birds, Tom Sawyer Island, Many Adventures of Pooh, The Magic of Disney Animation
15)LMA, Kali River Rapids, IASW,Spaceship Earth
16)Sounds Dangerous, ,Journey Into Narnia, Primeval Whirl,Tricera Top Spin

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
GenerationX said:
Okay, it's Selection Sunday, and as a member of the committee, I respectfully submit my seedings:
X, you nominated the Living Seas twice, as a 10 and a 14. I assumed you want to keep it as a 10 and counted it that way. Do you want to nominate another 14 or reshuffle your bottom seeds? Let me know.

dxwwf3

1 - Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, Soarin
2 - Rock N Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, Dinosaur, Test Track
3 - Big Thunder Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Spaceship Earth, Star Tours
4 - Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, The Great Movie Ride, Kali River Rapids
5 - Illuminations, Fantasmic, Wishes, Mickey's Philharmagic
6 - It's Tough To Be A Bug, The American Adventure, Festival of the Lion King, Primeval Whirl
7 - Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise, Honey I Shrunk The Audience, Muppet Vision 3D
8 - Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
9 - Peter Pan's Flight, Impressions de France, O' Canada, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
10 - Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Maelstrom, El Rio Del Tiempo
11 - Universe of Energy, The Living Seas, Lights Motors Action, Wonders of China
12 - TTA, It's A Small World, Walt Disney One Man's Dream, Mad Tea Party
13 - Journey Into The Imagination, Enchanted Tiki Room, Tom Sawyer Island, Walt Disney World Railroad
14 - Goofy's Barnstormer, Circle of Life, Sounds Dangerous, Swiss Family Treehouse
15 - Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Triceratop Spin
16 - Cretaceous Trail, Pooh's Playful Spot, Honey I Shrunk The Kids Movie Set Adventure, Stitch's Great Escape

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom