WDW Magic... Some People Get It... Some People Don't

holden

I know exactly what you mean. I'm sort of a young guy, and a few years ago my high school academic team won the state competition and got to represent our state in the Panasonic Challenge, which is an event held at the Contemporary every year. I was excited because it was a free trip to Disney - the other members of my team could not understand why I was so pumped up about going to a "place for kids." It was the same way the whole time we were there.. I was unbelieveably thrilled to be there with my closest friends, but they felt very meh about it. Oh well - I readily admit that I'm just a child at heart, but that's not necessarily a bad thing (see the signature!)

(since it's not showing up, it's "Genius is no more than childhood recaptured at will," a quote from a French poet named Charles Baudelaire)

5mins2disney

Why do some people love WDW and some don't? A simple answer: a chemical reaction. You want to repeat things that make you feel good.

Many years ago, Oprah had a man on her show who had seen a movie 300 times. She asked him what he got out of the movie the 300th time that he hadn't gotten on the 10th time. He didn't have an answer for her, but I do.

Watching that movie realeased a chemical in him that made him feel good. He wanted to feel good again and so he watched the movie again. I'm sure all of us can relate to this. There are TV shows or movies we will watch again and again. And others we don't get why they are so popular.

So if being at WDW doesn't release a pleasure chemical in you while you are there, why would you want to go again and again.

There are lots of analogies to explain it (the Nascar one was great), but let's use a Disney analogy:

Why do some people get Disney MGM Studios and some people don't? Why do some people get Animal Kingdom and some people don't?
Why do some people get Stitch and some don't?
Why do some people get Fantasmic and some don't?
Why do some people get Fort Wilderness and some don't?

We could go on and on.

Testing testing testing

Pavlov had a dog like that.....

Ours is named Pluto!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom