WDW Incorrectly Labeled?

Gregory

Original Poster
Tonight, on Mr. Clarks (EDIT- his first name is edited out :)) Countdown, WDW was labeled as Disneyland, Anihiem, CA...

Just thought I'd point that out :)

Also- any news on how Michael rang in the new year?

IOAfan2219

LMAO. When I saw that, I screamed "That's Cinderella Castle, not Sleeping Beauty Castle!" My entire family looked at me funny and was like, ok? LOL

Scott

bubbles

:p Mr. Clark is getting a little too old for that job......lol.
We were all like....wait??....isnt California 3 hours behind NY?!?! It should be DW...right?? He had us questioning ourselves....lol:veryconfu

But to not completely blame him...he could of just been reading the info of the teleprompter...which ALSO said Disneyland, Anahiem, CA....and he just read it. I think it just may be someone else's fault, behind the scenes.

J.E.Smith

As I mentioned in another thread I thought I saw footage of people celebrating in front of DL's Small World building for a brief moment...

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by IOAfan2219
LMAO. When I saw that, I screamed "That's Cinderella Castle, not Sleeping Beauty Castle!" My entire family looked at me funny and was like, ok? LOL

Scott

Hahaha! Same thing here! I was like.. "What the crap?!??! THAT'S DISNEY WORLD!!!! There doing it wrong! I can't believe it!". And then I followed my mom outside and told her and she just was like "Yeah, uh-huh" and looked at my like I had five heads :(

Tramp

D!ck Clark is really dead and what you saw last night was Disney's latest animatronics...guess they have to work some of the bugs out!:hammer:

D!ck Clark? America's perpetual teenager?...Do you realize that guy is 74 years old and has spanned a couple of generations of music genre? I remember watching him and Bandstand on our black & white TV when I was a kid. D!ck Clark is an Icon in American pop culture and it will be a sad day when D!ck can't make the Rockin' New Year's Eve party! :(

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by J.E.Smith
As I mentioned in another thread I thought I saw footage of people celebrating in front of DL's Small World building for a brief moment...

You are infact correct, a few shots of DL's it's a small world with a ton of people in front of it were seen before 12 AM as well as after. Funny thing is, fireworks were going off Sleeping Beauty Castle and people were celebrating in front of IASW at DL after 12 AM, when it was only 9 PM their time.

KRZ4WDW

HeHeHe... I thought the same thing!!!

I love the way It's a Small World in DL was decorated. I had never seen it like that. It was beautiful. :sohappy:

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Gregory
Tonight, on Mr. Clarks ...Countdown, WDW was labeled as Disneyland, Anihiem, CA...

How sad...ON THEIR VERY OWN STATION!!!

I'd expect that kind of treatment from FOX or NBC...not ABC!!! :lol:

Also, as previously mentioned, the shots of It's a Small World from DL were there and it looks AWESOME! Let's see it at WDW next year!!! :sohappy:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

lebernadin

When producers do spot shots across the country for things like this, they usually have a crowd organized just for this purpose regardless of whether the main event is underway at their local time for continuity purposes.

I remember going to a Letterman taping back in college in February. At the end of the taping, the guy who had been prepping us prior and during the show came back up and asked if anyone would like to now stay for a taping of the St. Patrick's Day episode. Most stayed naturally and watched Letterman et al faking St. Patty's a month in advance. :)

Pixie Duster

Originally posted by J.E.Smith

Ya, he wasn't wrong because the first shots were of DL, trust me.

I saw that too!! No one in my family was paying attention though so when I started shouting "NOO!! YOU MORONS!!! THATS DISNEY WWWWOOOORRRRRLLLDDDDD!!! LAND'S CASTLE IS WIDE NOT TALL!!!! IDIOTS!!" My parents thought I had lost it complteely...although when it comes to Disney World I do go crazy...^_^

Pioneer Hall

They celebrate twice at Disneyland. Actually a lot of people on the west coast celebrate twice. Because they celebrate the moment that the United States gets in to the new year, and then celebrate when they actually enter the new year.

Shaman

I noticed the mistake aswell...but you know I was wondering and more like hoping for it in the future....why don't they just show a Disney NEW YEARS countdown/fireworks...instead of NEW YORK.....

:lookaroun

kammybug

Wouldn't it be cool to be in Disney World on New Years Eve and watch a giant Mickey head drop to bring in the new year!!

Happy New Year everyone...

Kammybug

Gregory

Original Poster
Originally posted by objr
I noticed the mistake aswell...but you know I was wondering and more like hoping for it in the future....why don't they just show a Disney NEW YEARS countdown/fireworks...instead of NEW YORK.....

:lookaroun

That would never happen...

ABC is #1 on New Years Eve... because of tradition...

Is it the best show out there? Probably not... but everyone just tunes in to watch ________ Clark, and the ball drop...

I really don't see a point in changing something that works...

BwanaBob

I thought I was seeing stuff too!

Those fireworks are VERY individual to WDW!

(not to mention, when I went to MK on the 1st, actually got to see the VERY large satellite truck pull out and leave from backstage right, escourted by disney security.) That really ticked me off then!

You mean to tell me that the only on-screen graphic they had that night was "LIVE" CA? Doesn't make any sense seeing as how they are technically 3 hours behind.

I mean CNN was showing stuff all over the East coast. Even some drag-queen festival in south FL !

C'mon guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom