WDW in Texas

JWG

This won't happen before Disney Ice Village in the Dakotas. I theme park themed around winter events (skiing, skating, snow shoe'ing, hockey) - think winter olympics.

The value is, 10 months of the year they don't have to fake cold :p
Though I've heard rumors of this project moving to Alaska so even those 2 months would be taken care of.

This project falls right ahead of Disney Longhorn Village in TX.

KeithVH

This won't happen before Disney Ice Village in the Dakotas.
<SNIP>

And then right after that will be Disney Space on Uranus (think lolcat grammar here).

disneytopdog

This won't happen before Disney Ice Village in the Dakotas. I theme park themed around winter events (skiing, skating, snow shoe'ing, hockey) - think winter olympics.

The value is, 10 months of the year they don't have to fake cold :p
Though I've heard rumors of this project moving to Alaska so even those 2 months would be taken care of.

The BIG ride at Disney Longhorn Village...The Rock N Alamo Roller Coaster

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ahhh now I understand it wasnt Killimangaro Safaris that was being equipped with guns, it was for a huntnnn attraction at this new park. Heard it was going to feature pop up road signs and missile launced beer cans as targets.

WHILE

Hammer1310

I second what happymom said. I have lived in Texas since 1971. The rumors of Disney buying HUGE tracks of land South or North of the metroplex have been around forever. Besides North Texas winters are not like Florida or California. We get snow and ice every now and then.

True. Don't forget driving rain, tornadoes, hail and 100+ degree days for a few months in a row in the summer. I've also been here my whole life (36 now) and I first heard these rumors in the late 80s when it was supposedly happening in the east Dallas/Forney-Terrel area. Same rumors, still never going to happen.

jperry1974

Original Poster
Ya'll right it's a rumor. Walt Disney would have to buy more acres to make a park here in Texas because everything here in Texas is BIG!

Krozar

The rumors are TRUE!

The park will be built just outside of Crawford. It's along the I-35 corridor, so it's a perfect place. Within a reasonable drive from DFW, Austin, and San Antonio.

The real reason for the location is that Bush's intelligence advisers found pictures of Mickey creating new Hamas fighters. The brainwashed mousitized children have been deemed by CIA definitions as "Weapons of Mass Destruction." Disney strongly denied the WMD accusation. But until Disney hands over the Hamas Mickey, WDW will be invaded. Disney claims that they don't own the Hamas Mickey, so there is no way they can hand him over. So Bush told them that they are "either with us or against us... got any oil?" Disney's response that they don't own any oil fields. So the only way out of this is to build a new WDW park in Crawford which puts Orlando's WDW to shame. "IllumiNations" will be renamed to "IllumiLoneStar" and be 5 times bigger, include cruise missiles, a nuke, 500 Mossberg shotguns, and be 5 times longer... finalized with a prayer.

A WDW bus driver told me this last night. They know the insides of the Disney Company. They are like Disney KGB, disguised as drivers.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The rumors are TRUE!

The park will be built just outside of Crawford. It's along the I-35 corridor, so it's a perfect place. Within a reasonable drive from DFW, Austin, and San Antonio.

The real reason for the location is that Bush's intelligence advisers found pictures of Mickey creating new Hamas fighters. The brainwashed mousitized children have been deemed by CIA definitions as "Weapons of Mass Destruction." Disney strongly denied the WMD accusation. But until Disney hands over the Hamas Mickey, WDW will be invaded. Disney claims that they don't own the Hamas Mickey, so there is no way they can hand him over. So Bush told them that they are "either with us or against us... got any oil?" Disney's response that they don't own any oil fields. So the only way out of this is to build a new WDW park in Crawford which puts Orlando's WDW to shame. "IllumiNations" will be renamed to "IllumiLoneStar" and be 5 times bigger, include cruise missiles, a nuke, 500 Mossberg shotguns, and be 5 times longer... finalized with a prayer.

A WDW bus driver told me this last night. They know the insides of the Disney Company. They are like Disney KGB, disguised as drivers.

Thats not even on the same continent as funny.

FloridaPhill

I think the only truth in this thread maybe that Disney actually own land in Texas. It's no secret that before WDW was developed Disney looked at a number of different locations in America, maybe they did buy some land and held onto it 'just in case'. I don't think anything will be developed there in the near future though if they do.

Krozar

^ probably very close to the truth. I grew up around DFW area and I remember hearing about this since I was 10 (16 years ago) and most likely has been propagating well before that.

Even someone in traditions brought it up and I was like :hammer:

Thats not even on the same continent as funny.

It's like a whoooooole nother country of failure. I know but... hakunamatata....

I'll be here all week.

ErinBrookeTX

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/1998/04/13/story4.html

I thought it was funny that my boyfriend received an e-mail with part details of this arcitle from the bizjournals (see article above). He called me all excited thinking we might get a Disney Theme Park here in Houston. Point blank, I did research and as I firgured. This is an old rumor and an old article from 1998. Don't you think we would have a offical statement from disney itself by now? I believe we all have hopes one day disney will be in our backyard. But I think rumors began by the following...

1) disney does purchase tons of land all over for investments.
2) have you ever heard of telephone game? these rumors turn into "I heard for sure they are building a new park!"

The only thing that is reliable is from disney itself. Offical statements of new parks. There are other rumors I have heard that are just rumors. Like a co-workers friends husband workers for disney and told them they are thinking of using ellington field as a new park in houston. Again, rumors until an offical statement from disney. :)

Hammer1310

The rumors are TRUE!

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom