WDW in October

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
Hi Guys. I'm trying to plan a vacation to WDW in October of this year. Most likely October 23-29th. Has anyone been there during the month of October? How dead is it? I'm trying to go during that time frame because I am under the assumption that it will not be as packed as usual being that it is a weird off week and I can get on all of the rides fast. Am I crazy?!

What are your thoughts?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Traditionally crowds in October are light.....However the traditional numbers are based on post 9-11 numbers and crowds are steadily increasing. Also to complicate manners, more schools around the country are switching to year round school with a break falling in October. Three years ago you would have felt like the only person in the park during October but those days are rare anymore. Crowds will definitely be lighter than say mid June or early July and the weather will definitely be better but the parks will still be busy.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You should be fine with the possible exception of your last weekend. As that is the last weekend before Halloween, it will be fairly crowded (at least the MK) and MNSSHP. If you are doing MNSSHP, I strongly suggest you do it during the week for a more comfortable time.

sassytink03

I go every year in October, not to mention the other 6 times a year, but I love going then. The weather is nice, the crowds are light, and I usually can do everything that I want to do in each park. I have two small children and I have to go at times of the year when it is not tooo busy. Every now and then, you may encounter a longer line, but in the past 5 years of going in October, I think I have had to Fast Pass something twice. Usually the lines are about 10 minutes long, if that long. And if you know how to manuever the parks, you won't have a problem at all. Have fun!!!

Layzbuttercup

I know that the Food and Wine Festival is during that time as well as Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party which draws in a lot of people. I worked there during October last year...I wouldn't say that the parks are the most crowded during that time, but I remember all the E-ticket rides having a five minute wait previous to those events (Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, all the mountains in MK, Soarin, Test Track) and during them all the wait times jumped up quite a bit.

pacochran

Prior to last year we went twice in October and loved it. We would still be doing it but my job changed and so last year and this year went/going end of November beginning of December. The beginning of the month it can still get hot, the first year it was in the 90's everyday. In 2004 we went towards the middle and it was better for temperature. I didn't find the lines or waits long, but I haven't been during the busy time's of year. My wife has and said this was great. The only other time that I would say is a little more busy, but your not going that time is Columbus Day weekend. We did it in 2004 and found it was a little more busy than the previous time.

Should be a great time (unless Hurricanes).

Have Fun.

Uponastar

When we can, we always go the last two weeks of October. It is a wonderful time to go. The crowds are very manageable and the weather is almost always perfect. The only exception to that was October 2005 when we were there for a hurricane. Even so, it only disrupted one morning's activities and then things were back to normal.
EPCOT has the wine and cheese festival during that time and that's always fun. And don't forget to get tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! That is a must do!

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
All-

Thanks so much for all of this great information. Now I am really in Disney mode and want to book this asap! I just have to tell my husband about it ( he has no idea I have even been planning a getaway) :)

MSTINKHERBELL01

Glad we could help you out alittle. October is a great month to visit but as my friends have said...word has gotten out about the slower type crowds in Oct. bringing more folks during that month:lol: . It's still a good month to visit...check out Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party...adults and kids will find this event AWSOME!

In the past, we've gone right up until the day of Halloween, and it's not busy at all. The reason we started using the Fast Passes was because we started going at other times during the year. Shoulda stuck to October, hehe!

Firewolfe51

We have been twice in Oct., and are headed back on Oct. 29 (we will just miss ya)! It is not too crowed and pleasant temps. Buy some tickets for the Halloween party. It is a lot of fun!:D

twx24me

I go the last week in October every year. I think that it is the best time of year to go. It's not to hot, not to cold, and not that busy. Plus I love the Food and Wine Fest, and MNSSH.

disneygirl746kt

sassytink03 said:
I go every year in October, not to mention the other 6 times a year, but I love going then. The weather is nice, the crowds are light, and I usually can do everything that I want to do in each park. I have two small children and I have to go at times of the year when it is not tooo busy. Every now and then, you may encounter a longer line, but in the past 5 years of going in October, I think I have had to Fast Pass something twice. Usually the lines are about 10 minutes long, if that long. And if you know how to manuever the parks, you won't have a problem at all. Have fun!!!

I agree. I went in 2002 or 2003 and I always wanted to go back during my fall break, which is around the last weekend in October. Lines were fine at least to me they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom