WDW Has Best Cocktails in Country

WDW1974

Very interesting.. but the question is:

Can they make a Mojito as good as the ones at Tommy Bahama's?

:)

Interesting you ask as I was about to post about what a joke this considering they don't even know how to properly make a mojito -- they don't use the right ingredients.

And frankly, in order to be called a cocktail a beverage must have ALCOHOL in it. Most WDW drinks give you as much of a buzz as a Slurpee for $9 more.

goofyfan13

Interesting you ask as I was about to post about what a joke this considering they don't even know how to properly make a mojito -- they don't use the right ingredients.

And frankly, in order to be called a cocktail a beverage must have ALCOHOL in it. Most WDW drinks give you as much of a buzz as a Slurpee for $9 more.

The Margarita's at Mexico are hit or miss, but when they make them good, you know it. :slurp:

Oh, and I know that it's not a Disney made drink, but they sell it at the German pavilion. Spaten Optimater = outstanding beer, and well above the average in alcohol content. :D

TrojanUSC

It's kind of depressing...up until a few years ago, each of the hotel bars had their own cocktail menu. Bartenders, chefs and "mixologists," consultants hired to create cocktails, all contributed to a location-specific and themed cocktail menus. Now, all Disney-owned bars at both WDW and Disneyland have the SAME cocktail menu. It's kind of inane, as it is not even Disney's menu, it was created by the liquor distributor Disney has their deal with, and is exactly the same as what you might find at a chain restaurant.

urbanvegan

Anyone know what is in it, besides what I imagine is Blue Curacao. Oh!! Stop drinking Mojito's. They are very bad for you.

According to Disney: Skyy citrus vodka, peach schnapps, blue curacao, sweet-and-sour, and pineapple juice with a sugared rim and souvenir blue glow cube.

I find it is far too sweet, especially with the sugared rim.

And peach schnapps - meh.

PhilharMagician

Best signature drinks I have run into are:
  • Lapu Lapu available at the Tambu Lounge and Ohana's. I can't even remember all thats in this except that it is topped with Bacardi 151 rum and served in a hollowed out pinapple.
  • For margarita's I have found that the little street bar behind Captain Jacks in DTD does a really good job. Tequila, Grand Marnier and lime juice. No sour mix!(A Margarita should be served on the rocks. It is not a slushy!)
  • Best beer would be Spaten Optimator in Germany
I would have to agree that the Blue Glowtini is not that best drink that I have had. It is just too sweet. Congrats to WDW on the award.

bhg469

I hate to get all sciency and look like a huge alcaholic at the same time but does anyone know how much wonderful liquid courage this glow cube displaces? I mean a martini isn't alot of fluid to begin with and when you toss in a large object that is taking the place of what could be more gin :)

P.S. A drink in a martini glass that contains more than gin/vodka, vermouth and some olives or twist of lime should not be referred to a martini. Instead we can call it a "martini-like adult beverage"

tigsmom

It sounds interesting...and where can you find one of these little blue drinks? Anyone know?

The Glowtini can be found at almost every single bar on property. It is a resort wide drink for the celebration. Costs around 9.50

Anyone know what is in it, besides what I imagine is Blue Curacao. Oh!! Stop drinking Mojito's. They are very bad for you.

The recipe for this drink and many others are in our Recipe?? thread that is stickied to the top of the Restaurant & Dining forum. If you use the forum default setting for posts/page you will find it on page 66.

:wave:

tigsmom

Best signature drinks I have run into are:
  • Lapu Lapu available at the Tambu Lounge and Ohana's. I can't even remember all thats in this except that it is topped with Bacardi 151 rum and served in a hollowed out pinapple.
  • For margarita's I have found that the little street bar behind Captain Jacks in DTD does a really good job. Tequila, Grand Marnier and lime juice. No sour mix!(A Margarita should be served on the rocks. It is not a slushy!)
  • Best beer would be Spaten Optimator in Germany
I would have to agree that the Blue Glowtini is not that best drink that I have had. It is just too sweet. Congrats to WDW on the award.

Lapu Lapu is on page 58. margaritas are now generic also and that is listed in the thread, but I don't have the page off hand.

Tomcat47

The Backscratcher at the Polynesian's O'hana is vey good. The old lounge at Coronado Springs made a very good Bloody Mary. At the Luau I enjoyed a drink called Pele's Fire Punch. Thats the one that comes in the coconut carved like a monkey's face.

PhilharMagician

Lapu Lapu is on page 58. margaritas are now generic also and that is listed in the thread, but I don't have the page off hand.

Thanks Tigsmom!:wave: That thread can be dificult to find receipes in.

The lapu lapu is also available at the Kona Cafe, and is easily my favorite drink on Disney property.......:D

Thanks for the info. I did not know they were available there. What about the pool bar???

SGT623

Make sure you see George at Pleasure Island for his signature "melted grape snowcone". He usually can be found at the bar outside on the street by the Adventures' Club.

TrojanUSC

Or go to Mannequins on a Thursday to the smaller, downstairs bar where Dawn works. Ask for a s*x on the Fruit Cart and/or s*x on a Limo and/or Kermit the Frog on Acid. All to die for.

NadieMasK2

Oh my there's a drink I love at Tambu Lounge called Tradewinds.
It is no longer on the menu, but luckily last time there was a bartender who knew how to make it. So yummy. :slurp:

Prays he is there in July!

maelstrom

I've found that WDW is pretty generous in the alcohol department. I like the Fiesta Margarita in Mexico and the Kona Cool Sundown at the Kona Cafe. I thought about getting the Blue Glowtini, but at that price, I don't think it's worth it. It's just a blue drink with a glowcube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom