WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

Tiggerfanatic

Attention Attention Is that a yorkie [ Yorkshire pudding ] that I see in the middle of the plate.?Pray tell me Iam wrong.:confused:

It is! I am curious how they are. I have always wanted to try it. Is it good? I actually wanted to go to The Rose and Crown just to get one..... What are your thoughts?

It was. It is the first one I have ever had so I have nothing to compare it to. There wasn't much to it. Just bread.

Yeah, I had my first Yorkshire Pudding when I visited N. Ireland a couple years ago. Not quite what I had pictured, and frankly, don't really care if I ever have another. Like was said, not really much of anything other than pretty tasteless bread. I'd rather have a scone with jam & cream any day.

WishIWasAtWDW

IMG_2628.jpg

salad and more importantly beignets from floatworks at port orleans french quarter. the salad was good but the beignets were AMAZING.

LSU_Tigger

Beignets (Been-yay's how you say it) is a New Orleans tradition. It is dough that is rolled flat into a square then deep fried and covered with powered sugar. Basically a square donut with out the hole. And if you think they are amazing at POFQ try them in New Orleans at Cafe Du Monde' now that is amazing!!!! Coming from the New Orleans area, POFQ Floatwork's are pretty close to Cafe Du Monde' which is impressive.

Minnie1976

Beignets (Been-yay's how you say it) is a New Orleans tradition. It is dough that is rolled flat into a square then deep fried and covered with powered sugar. Basically a square donut with out the hole. And if you think they are amazing at POFQ try them in New Orleans at Cafe Du Monde' now that is amazing!!!! Coming from the New Orleans area, POFQ Floatwork's are pretty close to Cafe Du Monde' which is impressive.
The Cafe Du Monde' on Decatur Street in the French Quarter is the best. The franchises are hit or miss. Also Morning Call that moved from the French Quarter to West 17th across from Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie is also excellent. Of course, they aren't in the French Quarter so the wait and line isn't long. Morning Call also has a few native New Orleans dishes which are pretty good, too.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Sounds to me like it needs a Strawberry Filling!!!

real mad hatter

Och Naw!

Gentlemen Please,Beignets with a strawberry filling!That's like telling a Scotsman that the haggis needs peas in it:ROFLOL:Only joking but I bet the people of New Orleans and areas will tell you where to put your strawberry filling.:wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Gentlemen Please,Beignets with a strawberry filling!That's like telling a Scotsman that the haggis needs peas in it:ROFLOL:Only joking but I bet the people of New Orleans and areas will tell you where to put your strawberry filling.:wave:

Everything is better with strawberry :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom