WDW Fireworks tidbits

speck76

Original Poster
On Saturday (6/11), PI had a larger than usual fireworks show at midnight.....it was pretty good, and about 5-7 minutes long.....great finale.

The extended show will occur this upcoming Saturday also.

Also, the Roman Candle shots in Wishes (rooftop shots during Beauty & The Beast) have changed......the older shells had long tails.....the newer shells seem to give a more brilliant sparkle, but have a very short tail.

I have not heard if this change is permanent, but I had heard that the older shells dropped significant fallout.

Anyone have news on the 4th of July shows? Anything new?

se8472

man I was pondering what that noise was back on saturday at midnight. I told my mom it could not be PI since the show isn't that long. NIce to see I was wrong.

boo52

The huge fireworks show at PI is for Black Music month. The Silver Tails in Wishes have been temporarly replaced due to quality issues that Speck had spoke of. A timeframe has not been given on the vendor correcting the problem. As for the MK 4th show we are doing the same show as last year with some minor tweaks. We are however doing it on the 3rd and 4th. Two nights, both full shows!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
speck76 said:
I have not heard if this change is permanent, but I had heard that the older shells dropped significant fallout.
nothing like getting crapped on by firework ashe. that is always fun. lol

BRER STITCH

boo52 said:
The huge fireworks show at PI is for Black Music month. The Silver Tails in Wishes have been temporarly replaced due to quality issues that Speck had spoke of. A timeframe has not been given on the vendor correcting the problem. As for the MK 4th show we are doing the same show as last year with some minor tweaks. We are however doing it on the 3rd and 4th. Two nights, both full shows!

Thanx for the scoop BOO52 !

This is great news for those who were planning to go to EPCOT for the 4th!

Now I'll make sure I catch the MK show on the 3rd too!

It's the BEST of both worlds!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Number_6

jmaxwell007 said:
nothing like getting crapped on by firework ashe. that is always fun. lol

Yeah, especially when you are eating dinner at Rose & Crown. Guard your drinks against it if you want to finish them after Illuminations. :lol:

bgraham34

Number_6 said:
Yeah, especially when you are eating dinner at Rose & Crown. Guard your drinks against it if you want to finish them after Illuminations. :lol:

Why do you have to guard your drinks?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
boo52 said:
We are however doing it on the 3rd and 4th. Two nights, both full shows!

Great news! I've always wanted to check out the MK show, but have never been able to pull myself away from Epcot.

Moustronaut

speck76 said:
On Saturday (6/11), PI had a larger than usual fireworks show at midnight.....it was pretty good, and about 5-7 minutes long.....great finale.

Any idea if this could have started on Saturday, June 2? My wife and I has just gotten to our room at AS-Sports at midnight when we saw that show. Could make out most of it through the trees. I wasn't sure what it was since it seemed too long for the PI show, even thought it was at the right time and the right direction.

raven

I believe they are using the new air-cannons to launch the fireworks at Wishes now. I don't remember if they had these installed from the first showing or not but that could be why the tails look shorter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any chance anyone can video this Saturday`s PI show?? Pleeeease!

Boo - interesting about Wishes quality problems... hope the vendor sorts it soon. Sounds like you have your work cut out for this years 4th (I knoiw how long you`ve been at it) and I havn`t forgotten our chat - I should be able to email you next week.

boo52

raven said:
I believe they are using the new air-cannons to launch the fireworks at Wishes now. I don't remember if they had these installed from the first showing or not but that could be why the tails look shorter.
Air launchers are not being used at Wishes.

As for the start times of the 3rd and 4th shows I believe are going to be 9PM.

miksad

Wishes Rose Garden

Hi!

There's a super spot to watch Wishes from a neat perspective...take the semi-circular path to the left of the Castle and go to the old loading dock for the Swan Boats. If you get there a half hour before Wishes, you can usually snag a bench. The view is terrific! (Don't tell anyone!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom