WDW College Program

dreammaker

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
can u do the WDWCP during the summer?

Great questions! As of when I did the forum in April, there was no Summer Only Program. They had 4 season, Fall, Fall Advantage, Spring, and Spring Advantage. The FA season went from May through January, The SA from my understanding was January through August. (She didnt really explain Spring and Spring advantage, and I only got a second to glance at the diagram).

Credits are up to YOUR college. Disney DOES NOT grant credit for your participation. You have to talk to an academic advisor and say you are doing the internship and ask two quesitons, or at least these are what I asked: 1) Can I get credit for just being there and participating, and 2) What credit can I earn for taking the classes offered. My school wouldnt give me anything for being there, and made no garuntee for giving me anything for the classes (hence having to wait until I change schools). They said I MIGHT qualify for elective credit. There are some schools that have already established a program for granting credits for Disney, and they are listed at teh wdwcollegeprogram.com site. You have to actually enroll at those schools, they'll grant you credit, but then you have to transfer it, but like with any transfer work, there is no garuntee your school will take it as anything at all, if not for electives.

Wow, sorry for the book, but as I learned, its not a simple issue. Have you been accepted yet?

Wilt Dasney

if i do it may -jan when does it start...date b/c i dont graduate till the 19th of may so that means i cant do it right?

Someone can check me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can do it right out of high school; you're probably going to have to have spent at least a semester in college first.

Wilt Dasney

well the reason i wanted to do it,so it would be easier to afford to be in kissimee during the summer before i start college

ok...but the deal with the College Program is that it's open to people who are currently IN COLLEGE. If you wanna live in the area before then, you're probably gonna have to find yourself a couple of jobs to make it work. (Disney will hire you, but you're not likely to make enough to support yourself if you're having to pay for your own housing and all.)

Best advice I can give you is to stay close to home for at least a semester or two, then look into the CP. If, after you get there, you decide you wanna stay, then transfer to UCF and stay on as a regular CM. Good luck.

Captain Hank

Hi, I'm just about to start my senior year in high school, so I have a while before I can apply for the CP, but I do have a questionfor people who have been through it. Did participating in the program put you at a disadvantage for completing your degree, such as having to go through another semester to make up for the one spent at WDW?

dreammaker

I have not done the program yet, but as far as being at a "disadvantage" it really depends upon your degree, and school. If you are a hospitality major of some type, then it might not. It is sooo close to your degree. However if you are like an MIS major, it probably will put you behind a few hours, unless your college grants you permission to use it as all your elective credits for your degree which is probably not going to happen.

joefox97

The thing about it is that it's a choice... whether you can afford a semester off (depending on how strict your school is... my school could care less when I finish... I only pay for when I'm there, and I still needed the same number of credits to finish my degree.

Personally, I wouldn't trade my College Program experience for anything in the world. It changed my entire outlook on life.

Joe

rokcandy

This thread's been really helpful, so thanks all. :)

Anyhow, my question is: Do you have to start right @ the end of January for the Spring program? Or can you come a couple weeks later? I ask this because the quarters @ my college start late, so I know I wouldn't be able to leave until February. Thanks.

joefox97

Rok,

There are generally quite the selection of starting dates, and depending on the semester there could be some as late as februrary.

You'd have to talk to a recruiter to get specific information on dates... but they do their best to be flexible.

If you don't have a recruiter yet, let me know... I'll put you in touch with someone who can help you out...

Joe

rokcandy

Originally posted by joefox97
Rok,

There are generally quite the selection of starting dates, and depending on the semester there could be some as late as februrary.

You'd have to talk to a recruiter to get specific information on dates... but they do their best to be flexible.

If you don't have a recruiter yet, let me know... I'll put you in touch with someone who can help you out...

Joe

Hey Joe...thanks for the reply. :) And no, I don't have a recruiter yet, that's quite nice of you to offer to help me out...you can PM me when possible, since I'm really hoping to do the CP right in the spring. If it doesn't work out, fall is fine too, but it's not a bad thing to ask, right? :D

MicBat

Originally posted by rokcandy
Hey Joe...thanks for the reply. :) And no, I don't have a recruiter yet, that's quite nice of you to offer to help me out...you can PM me when possible, since I'm really hoping to do the CP right in the spring. If it doesn't work out, fall is fine too, but it's not a bad thing to ask, right? :D
That's when I'll be doing it... if I get accepted, that is :animwink:

Hi guys! I have a question and I'm not sure if anyone can answer it but...
I was wondering if I can do the fall advantage program in 2004 if I graduate in May 2004. The website says that you need only be currently enrolled in college with at least one semester under your belt so if I interview in March while I am still in college does that count?

:confused:

Thanks guys for all the info you have provided everyone:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom