WDW Closed on Monday

Woody13

I normally get automatic reports from the National Hurricane Center in Miami, FL. That venue has been shut down. The reports are now coming from the NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK.

SPC WW 240129
URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
TORNADO WATCH NUMBER 837
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
925 PM EDT SUN OCT 23 2005

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A
TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF

CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN FLORIDA
COASTAL WATERS

EFFECTIVE THIS SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING FROM 925 PM UNTIL
1100 AM EDT.

TORNADOES...THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 80 MPH...AND DANGEROUS
LIGHTNING ARE POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

THE TORNADO WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 75 STATUTE MILES
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 45 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF ORLANDO
FLORIDA TO 80 MILES SOUTH OF MIAMI FLORIDA. FOR A COMPLETE
DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE
(WOUS64 KWNS WOU7).

REMEMBER...A TORNADO WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR
TORNADOES AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA.
PERSONS IN THESE AREAS SHOULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THREATENING
WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR LATER STATEMENTS AND POSSIBLE
WARNINGS.

OTHER WATCH INFORMATION...THIS TORNADO WATCH REPLACES TORNADO
WATCH NUMBER 836. WATCH NUMBER 836 WILL NOT BE IN EFFECT AFTER 925
PM EDT.

DISCUSSION...HURRICANE WILMA WILL BE CROSSING SRN FL LATER TONIGHT
AND MON AM. STRONG SHEAR ALREADY IN PLACE ACROSS SRN FL AND WILL
ONLY INCREASE AS WILMA APPROACHES. WITH 0OZ SRN FL SOUNDINGS
INDICATING A MDTLY UNSTABLE TROPICAL AIR MASS...THE TORNADO
POTENTIAL EXPECTED TO INCREASE REMAINDER OF THE NIGHT AS SHEAR
BECOMES VERY STRONG.

THE FORECAST MAXIMUM WIND GUSTS AND MEAN CELL MOTION APPLY TO SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS OUTSIDE THE HURRICANE EYEWALL.

AVIATION...TORNADOES AND A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH EXTREME
TURBULENCE AND SURFACE WIND GUSTS TO 70 KNOTS. A FEW CUMULONIMBI
WITH MAXIMUM TOPS TO 500. MEAN STORM MOTION VECTOR 18045.

...HALES

CrashNet

Ok guys, just want to clarify what is going on. All of the Walt Disney World resort will not be opening tomorrow morning. Weather permitting (meaning if Wilma passes and immediate and necessary cleanup is complete), EPCOT, Downtown Disney, and the Magic Kingdom will reopen to entertain Resort guests only. Disney's MGM Studios, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Disney's Animal Kingdom will all remained closed. News stations are reporting the closure of the parks all day because only resort guests will be able to enter the parks.

CrashNet

PhotoDave219 said:
Apparently al CMs are still expected to report come 7AM.... At the height of teh storm... insane...
Well, that is the official announcement from executives. All managers reports to their cast members take precedence over the generic announcement, basically meaning if your manager did not give you different instructions, follow these. Ride-out crews report at 6 AM and plan to stay until the storm passes. Also, that report is contingent on several things: one, if you have children and need to take care of them, don't worry about coming in (all schools around here are closed Monday and Tuesday), two, as long as you feel safe to drive in, and three, as long as you have transportation to get there (for example, College and International Program students).

Woody13

WDW is basing their response upon the official NWS reports that at 10 AM (10/24/05) the winds in Osceola County will be at 62 MPH and at 55 MPH in Orange County.

crazydaveh

Woody13 said:
WDW is basing their response upon the official NWS reports that at 10 AM (10/24/05) the winds in Osceola County will be at 62 MPH and at 55 MPH in Orange County.

Which means getting to work at the one park that still open will be fun in the morning!

sillyspook13

Peak winds are expected between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island will reopen asap after 2:00.:)

figmentfan

Just wish me luck down here in South Florida. WDW is going to get bad weather, and I am going to get the worse part of the storm. Sitting in my room with my hurricane shutters up and now waiting for the hurricane to hit. It is already getting windy outside.

GoofyMom2

I have friends who flew down there today...... boy what a way to start vacation!

They have a MYW package, too....wonder how it works for them.....

I hope it passes quickly and safely so all may get on with their magical time! :)

kaylasmom

All Disney Parks, Universal and Islands of Adventure will be closed tomorrow. The Disney Parks could possibly open later on in the afternoon, but there is no word on Universal or IOA opening. This is from Channel 9 News here in Orlando area. They did say that Universal Citywalk will open at 6pm.

There wasn't any word about Sea World.

All I can say is thank God we had hurricane shutters installed on the house this year.... I couldn't deal with that plywood fiasco again. This is all getting really old. :mad: But it could be worse... we could be dealing with a Katrina type situation.

kal1484

crazydaveh said:
Which means getting to work at the one park that still open will be fun in the morning!

If you can't get to work, they can't hold it against you. Luckily I don't work tomorrow! :) Not to mention I'm sick anyways, so I wouldn't have gone in anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom