WDW Closed on Monday

se8472

Original Poster
WDW Closed on Monday, MK and Epcot may open late

Just heard on the news that WDW parks will be closed tomorrow due to Wilma.

Anyone else hearing this yet? I can't find any offical offical word yet.

tn1999

if true this will only be the second time in history... correct? i believe hurricane floyd in 1999 was the other one.

PhotoDave219

CONFIRMED-

From Local6.com -- All four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Wide World of Sports will not open Monday

MCBRIZZ5

tn1999 said:
if true this will only be the second time in history... correct? i believe hurricane floyd in 1999 was the other one.
Last year for Hurricane Charlie they didn't close down completely. THey had the parks open until 12 and then closed down all of the parks.

PhotoDave219

tn1999 said:

Well it closed early for hurricane charley..... Closed for 3 days for Hurricane Frances and closed for a day for Hurricane Jeanne.

So no, This is nothing new.

PhotoDave219

MCBRIZZ5 said:
I was just on Disneyworld.com and they said there will be no changes to operational hours.

EDIT- Never mind

Once again, from Local6.com ---- All four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Wide World of Sports will not open Monday Today 19:38

se8472

Original Poster
NemoRocks said:
Any word on Universal Orlando yet?

I am kind of sure that the others will do the same since everyone was waiting on Disney to make there decision.

peter11435

PhotoDave219 said:
Well it closed early for hurricane charley..... Closed for 3 days for Hurricane Frances and closed for a day for Hurricane Jeanne.

So no, This is nothing new.
Thank You. You beat me to it.

TheDisneyGirl02

se8472 said:
Just heard on the news that WDW parks will be closed tomorrow due to Wilma.

Anyone else hearing this yet? I can't find any offical offical word yet.

My friend who works at WDW just called. They just came out of a meeting and the official word according the the WDW cast member is as of right now, Studios and Animal Kingdom will most likely not be open, but Magic Kingdom and EPCOT may open late. No word on the water parks. The managers said they will know for sure in about an hour.

No matter what, whether the parks are open or not, I hope that everyone is safe, since that is the most important thing anyway! :)

se8472

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
Very welcome. Does anyone still have that Hurricane Charley video that was made from WDW from last year?

If you are talking about the Charley2.wmv file then I do :wave:

crazydaveh

Yes, it's official!

This comes from Disney's Official Press site.

Due to the potential of tropical storm force winds associated with Hurricane Wilma, all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Wide World of Sports will not open tomorrow morning, Monday, October 24.

Weather permitting, Walt Disney World may reopen one or more theme parks after the storm passes on Monday to entertain the tens of thousands of Guests currently staying in our resort hotels.

We have made this decision in an abundance of caution based on information from the National Weather Service, the National Hurricane Center and local emergency preparedness officials, all of whom currently expect the storm to pass more than 100 miles south of the resort.

All resort hotels will remain open, though Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have been relocated to other hotels on property.

TomorrowlandTyler

As of 8:10pm EST, the official wdw website i.e. disneyworld.com still has a popup saying:

disneyworld.com said:
Walt Disney World® Resort Operations Update

At this time, there are no changes to Operating Hours, events
or resort operations at Walt Disney World® Resort as a result
of Hurricane Wilma, though we continue to monitor its path.

For the latest Theme Park operating hours, please visit
the Calendar section of disneyworld.com.

If you have any questions about your upcoming stay, please
call 407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent.

Though I do believe this will be updated soon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom