WDW Cell Phone Reception

Timekeeper

Talkie

I can't afford any of today's fancy gadgets, so when my family and I go to WDW we bring along our trusty Fisher Price baby monitor. It's been 8 years and they still work as good as new. Just a couple of batteries and we're good for the weekend.

Tk

GaryT977

I was there in June and I had a crappy little Nokia that came with the AT&T Wireless service and I had no problems. Actually, I just bought a nicer phone and AT&T gave me a sweet deal. A friend of mine had a Sprint phone while he was there and nearly threw it out.

Hope this helps, and congratulations on getting into the program!

KathyG/poohbear

My AT & T phone did great. It is a Nokia. My son's Nokia on Cingular did okay but had some times when it was SOS calls only. My husband's phone was no good the whole time we were in the Orlando area. It is an Ericcson and is through Cingular.

Cingular keeps giving us a story that it is AT & T's fault because they turned up their antennas too high. Yea right.

bamboo7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help everyone. i wound up getting a verizon plan, and a motorola t720 phone. i tested it out in wdw this week, and had no problems getting reception. it even works in most buildings if the antennae is up. :sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
So, if I bring my moto (through Verison) to WDW, I should be able to use it in the parks? I don't want the full reception, but it would be nice to know that it will atleast ring if someone calls me.

Have a wonderful day everyone!! :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Most importantly dont forget......

Cell Phones are not allowed on stage for any reason at anytime.

that's only for Cast Members, and not even all of them. It doesn't apply to CM's that are out of costume and off the clock, and CM's that require one for their job.

For the most part, these are guests asking what providers get service at WDW

i got verizon too,and it worked great. i called from the castle stage to miami during night of joy and had great reception then called again on space mountain.it worked fine!

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sherm00
dosn't quite matter about the provider because most cell phones will roam. you want one with enough power. stay away from audiovox because they have a very bad power rateing and tend to be staticy. get a TRI-Band phone (digital, analog, and PCS) so it will roam over the 3 diffrent types of towers available. CDMA(digital) 800 and analog 800 MHz sre probubly as low as you would want go. and even that low is very limiting. I am not sure with PCS, that is the new standard but I beleive the power rateings should be GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz. CDMA (digital) I think you can get up to 1900/2400 Mhz. and analog I think up to 900 Mhz. Hope that helps.

sherm, are you aware of any websites that compare the power ratings of different models of phones?

RMJKS05

Verizon Users...

...From reading through the threads, it looks like Verizon was no better or no worse than other providers in and around WDW? We've been with them 6+ years now, not looking to change providers.

Not clear from reading same if y'all were on a Verizon tower or roaming?

Primarily plan on using our unlimited mobile2mobile minutes in and around WDW. But will probably being calling our benefactors (Mom & Dad) back in Ill., on occassion.

Thanks again.

BalooChicago

Originally posted by bamboo7
sherm, are you aware of any websites that compare the power ratings of different models of phones?

Not sure it is what you are looking for, but you may want to try phonescoop.com

PurpleFigment

I work in the media and we're required to have some way to be reached by telephone 24/7/365. My service is with Sprint and I have a Sanyo Global phone. I can get/make a call literally all over the world. I've used it in rural Scotland with no problems. I use it at Disney all the time to call in "sick" or to determine which gifts to purchase or just because i'm stuck in some long, long line. I've NEVER had a signal problem ANYWHERE. I've never had one bit of trouble getting a signal in Disney...including inside the attractions.

jaimjaim25

OK, I was just at Disney World last week....the 2 people I went with all had cell phones and all had AT&T service... The reception wasnt that good. I mean I had mostly 2 bars on my phone the whole time... NEVER 4! 3 at times and 1 bar sometimes also...

RAZORBRAD

I live in Arkansas and I use Cingular phone service with thier nation wide plan. Last Oct I was in WDW and I had zero problems with the reception. I was even on the ToT and called a friend of mine back home so he could hear the people screaming while we dropped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom