WDW Busses

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by Bagheera

"Buses" is the plural of "bus", and "busses" is the plural of "buss" (slang for kiss, for those unaware).
Careful, you might turn this into a monorail thread!
(Bad joke no one will get, never mind... :lookaroun )

ANYWAY, people demanded monorail merchandise and now there is a whole lot more than there was a few years ago. Let Disney know you want bus stuff! If the demand is there, they will surely make it.

I think it would be cool if they made some busses on the same scale as the monorail toys they already have. I could stage a bus accident next to my Contemporary, it would be just like real life!

Just kidding of course! :kiss:

Invero

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
I think it would be cool if they made some busses on the same scale as the monorail toys they already have. I could stage a bus accident next to my Contemporary, it would be just like real life!

Just kidding of course! :kiss:

Well, if you're going to do that, then we'll need Disney to make up a toy Work Tractor... after all, if it's gonna be realistic, the train has to break down every few feet... :D

Big Pooh

I've ridden lots of buses in fairly large cities, especially Las Vegas. :D WDW has BY FAR, WITHOUT A DOUBT, the best transportation system I've ever seen. The Monorail for the wow factor, buses every 15 minutes or so, going everywhere, and boats and ferries for a change of pace. No city I've ever seen, especially not Las Vegas, moves people as well as WDW. The number of people in and out of the parks during the high season is stagering, and Disney moves them very smoothly. The whole system works very well, and the buses are the backbone of the transportation system at WDW. :cool: I for one love the busses. I'm very glad they're there. :sohappy:

Cheers :wave:

Cheryl

We've been staying at OKW so we've been renting our own car so we haven't used a bus in years; however, this next trip, we're staying at the Contemporary. We'll need to use the bus to get to MGM and Animal Kingdom this time. I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to like the buses now-a-days! When we last rode them, they weren't the best way to travel with all the other parents trying to squeeze in and so forth and it was in the summer so it was like 90 degrees with sweaty smelling individuals! Yuck!. Hopefully we'll have a similar fate as yours!

Invero

Originally posted by Cheryl
When we last rode them, they weren't the best way to travel with all the other parents trying to squeeze in and so forth and it was in the summer so it was like 90 degrees with sweaty smelling individuals! Yuck!. Hopefully we'll have a similar fate as yours!

My understanding is that most people prefer the bus because of the A/C... I mean... when it's 90 degrees... your car is gonna be HOTTTT... meanwhile, our busses are nice and cool and air conditioned. The new Nova busses, as well as the rebuilt RTS busses are notorious for having ice cold A/C's... and the regular RTS's are nice and cool in the passenger compartment. Of course, as the driver, I'm stuck in the magnifying glass area... lol

NoBody

Account Suspended
In the HOT seat!

Some of the old buses were a "pain in the butt" if you sat all the way in the back over the engine. Some of those seats were very uncomfortable.

Cheryl

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

My understanding is that most people prefer the bus because of the A/C... I mean... when it's 90 degrees... your car is gonna be HOTTTT... meanwhile, our busses are nice and cool and air conditioned. The new Nova busses, as well as the rebuilt RTS busses are notorious for having ice cold A/C's... and the regular RTS's are nice and cool in the passenger compartment. Of course, as the driver, I'm stuck in the magnifying glass area... lol

:) I'm so glad to hear that the buses have changed from way back when we rode them! Like the post above "some of the buses were a pain in the butt" but it sounds like Disney is once again on top of things and are doing a great job! I'm looking forward to our "bus experience" in December! Yee haw!:D

will_hsv

Original Poster
Re: In the HOT seat!

Originally posted by NoBody
Some of the old buses were a "pain in the butt" if you sat all the way in the back over the engine. Some of those seats were very uncomfortable.

I still do not know if i would recommend sitting on the back row. It was very hot sitting over the engine and there was a leak in a couple of the busses we rode in where the back side seats where wet. However, I loved every other seat on the busses!

:sohappy:

figmentmom

I've always been very happy with the Disney buses (and if Mickey ever smooches me, I'll be just as happy with a few Disney busses, heh heh heh...):lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I have 1 little problem with WDW Buses... Tyler knows what it is

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentmom

OK, what?!?:)

a few years ago I used to drive a Jeep. I parked it in the MGM parking lot, in the very end. Well, a WDW bus cut the turn as they were leaving, and hit my Jeep totalling it.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentmom
WOW! I hope you didn't get stuck for the damages! (You've REALLY taken a beating from Disney, haven't you!)

oh.. they paid. They basically bought me my Montero I have now... save for a few grand out of my pocket to cover the difference in price.

And yes... I have taken a beating from them! lol

Cheryl

Wow! Those darn bus drivers! :lol:
It's a good thing that they reimbursed you. I'm sure it would have been a lot more hectic had the vehicle been a loaner though!

Hey, how you like those Monteros?:animwink:

Invero

Originally posted by mktiggerman

a few years ago I used to drive a Jeep. I parked it in the MGM parking lot, in the very end. Well, a WDW bus cut the turn as they were leaving, and hit my Jeep totalling it.

You sure you didn't park incorrectly?? Maybe your Jeep extended out from the space too far. Or the parking brake failed, and it rolled into the bus!! :lookaroun :drevil: :D

Invero

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Everyone knows how nimble a bus full of people is!!:lol:

LOL... you'd be surprised how manueverable a 40ft bus is... I can parallel park my bus easier than my car... LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom