WDW Books

cndrellagrl

Original Poster
I was interested in knowing what everyone's favorite WDW books are. I do love some of the guide to WDW books, but was wondering about other types of WDW books. Does anyone have any favorite Disney imagineering, photography, history books, etc.?

Highland_Holly

I have two faves...

The Quotable Walt Disney (a compilation of Walt's quotes on every topic!)

The Little BIG (or BIG Little? it is printed oddly on the cover) Book of Disney by Monique Peterson

~ Holly

DisneyMusician2

I believe Martin still has his essential list of Disney volumes around....he'll probably pick up on this thread soon enough.

But if you don't have the Art of Imagineering book, as well as the field guides, you should certainly invest in them. :)

Tink423

I'm in the midst of making up a WDW trivia game for my kids for on the way, a scavenger/hidden mickey hunt for them when we get to the WDW and I noticed one of these on the list, but not these other two. So here is my current list of favorites:

The Walt Disney World Trivia Book(Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic) by Louis A. Mongello

Hidden Mickeys (A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets) by Steven M. Barret (I have first, second and third edition, when I couldn't go over the last few years I read about my favorite place!)

Passporters Treasure Hunts at WDW edited by Marx and Larner

For Travel guide purposes, I love WDW with Kids by Kim Wiley (I hope this isn't like the rival guide! lol)

and I think it is Fodors WDW with Kids by Kids but I haven't seen a 2008/2009 version of this yet and was wondering if they had quit putting them out or if I'm just not looking in the right sports!

I'm going to purchase and try something I found on some website, that is like a travel journal for kids, I found it when I was looking for Trivia/Scavenger hunt books! I was surprised at how few of these scavenger hunt books there were for WDW.

Have a great day!

I really like the three Field Guides that exist (Animal Kingdom, Epcot and MGM) - MK and Disneyland are coming up:

http://disneybooks.disney.go.com/agesNStages/disneyfans.html

They definitely have a lot of artwork etc.

I always like the Art of Imagineering - it is a little old now but still great.

If you want something VERY in-depth about how attractions/shows/parades are designed and made then I would also recommend Tales from the Laughing Place Magazine. They have access like no other publication and every issue is very insightful about all of the parks around the world - their current issue about the making of DAK has a fascinating interview with Joe Rohde and tonnes of artwork:

http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom