WDW Birthday rules

Miss Bell

We're going on my b-day in October! :sohappy:

We took my daughter for her 10th b-day, but had to go the week after due to state-wide assessments (Yay No Child Left Behind.) We used the whole B-day trip philosophy, and had no problems with cast members or special treatment.

Iakona

Tinkrbell said:
What are the benefits you receive to getting a birthday button, besides from special treatment from some of the restaurants?

Just the pixie dust that alert CMs spread. I say just, but for my son's 7th B-day the CMs were awesome. I am not even talking about anything material like a free desert or the cake from the AKL Concierge, one of the best was the CM that stopped us in MK behind the castle and sang happy B-day to him.

I believe allears.net has a good listing of the B-day things, but be forewarned it is best described as random acts of magic, not mandatory.

TinkerBell9988

I will be at WDW for my actual birthday in September, but I am planning on celebrating it the whole weekend, so I can get both EPCOT and Magic Kingdom buttons. . . :animwink:

I haven't been to WDW on my real birthday in about 7 years, so this is really special this year, especially since I'm a big girl now (according to my parents, but I am still a little girl, according to me). Its scary that I am going to be 17. . . :eek:

But never too old to celebrate the big day at WDW!

Bizarra

Birthday trips

This year I am going to spend my 39th birthday in the World and next year, I am going with a group of family and friends to celebrate the big 4.0. Birthday. :) You can bet I'm going to be celebrating the whole trips! LOL

:sohappy:

41 days and counting till I am back in the World!

SpenceMan01

Vernonpush said:
Buttons can be picked up at Guest Relations at each park. (Don't worry you'll get yours.)

hcswingfield said:
HOORAY!!!!

Holy cow. I usually don't read name, the avatars are what stands out to me and I did a total double take. I thought it was one person talking to themselves for a second. I didn't realize you're BOTH on the site :p

Vernonpush

SpenceMan01 said:
Holy cow. I usually don't read name, the avatars are what stands out to me and I did a total double take. I thought it was one person talking to themselves for a second. I didn't realize you're BOTH on the site :p
Hcswingfield has been giving me grief for visiting these boards for the past few years, then he came here. And now he's hooked too! :lol: :lol:

Flower'sChild

I will be in DisneyWorld for my 29th Birthday. I have plans to wear a shirt with the Cute Little Skunk Flower on it that says " It's My Birthday " Awwwwww I am going to be embarrassed and look so Cute and have so much fun :wave: :eek: :)

dclfan

Thanks guys for all the advice. I am going down to Walt Dionsey World in November to celebrate my 16 th birthday. Ill be sure to get a birthday pin. Lol. Ill a litTle girl at heart. Birthdays are so magical at WDW.

BigNormsMom

I have been there several times on my birthday and did not know about the buttons. This year I will be there 2 weeks before my birthday. Do you think I would be fudging if I told them it was my birthday to get some button? Who do I need to call to check on this? I checked on allearsnet and there was nothing about birthdays. We took my grandson for his birthday in 2000 and he got a card signed by Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Plus, they brought him a cupcake with a candle and sang "happy birthday" to him.

BigNormsMom

Hi everybody. We returned from WDW on September18,2005, and we had a great time ( I will let Big Norm post the discription). I went to each park Guest Relations and told them that it was not my birthday, but I would not be there on my birthday, but could I please have a "birthday pin?" Every CM was super nice and one even made a phone call and handed me the phone and Mickey wished me a "happy birthday". I did not wear them (the pins), I merely wanted to have them for my scrapbook. Now it is back to reality.

MissM

Nemo14 said:
Do they do this for anniversaries too?
Yes they do. They apparently also have honeymoon buttons as well. I just got anniversary ones (featuring minnie in a wedding gown and mickey in a tux and says, "Magical Wishes from Walt Disney World") when I was there last week.

CM's can also get you a special phone call for your anniversary with Mickey and Minnie singing "Happy Anniversary" to you. :)
-m

WeluvMickey

Well this is our story.....
My husband got me a Disney Trip for my 30th Birthday....which was April 1st....we couldn't go then....b/c my dad was very ill....(he passed away 7/23/05).

We are going now in 9 days....October 7-14th!! October 7th is our 5th Year Anniversary!!! Do we get buttons for that?!?!

Also...my daughter turns 2 on November 6th...a month from that date?!?! Does that deserve a button?!?

Thank You!!

Nemo14

So sorry about your Dad *hugs*

I'd ask for the anniversary pins, and if you mention the rest of the story to the CMs at Guest Relations, they'll probably give you the birthday pins anyway. When we went in September, we were celebrating our anniversary which was August 20th, but family issues had prevented us from going then. We had stopped at GR for a birthday pin for my DH, and when we mentioned our delayed anniversary celebration, they gave us both pins.

PS Happy Anniversary!

WeluvMickey

PHP:
 [QUOTE] 
[QUOTE][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Nemo14]So sorry about your Dad *hugs*

I'd ask for the anniversary pins, and if you mention the rest of the story to the CMs at Guest Relations, they'll probably give you the birthday pins anyway. When we went in September, we were celebrating our anniversary which was August 20th, but family issues had prevented us from going then. We had stopped at GR for a birthday pin for my DH, and when we mentioned our delayed anniversary celebration, they gave us both pins.

PS Happy Anniversary![/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Thank You...I will remember it all!!:)

SANDKRUSER

Last year it was our 25th wedding anniversary in May, but we were planning a trip to WDW in October. When I made my reservations, they asked if we were celebrating anything special - I said we had a 25th wedding anniversary in May and the trip was our celebration. We got into our room late and the next day went off to a park and when we got back there was an anniversary card and balloons and the card said "Happy 25th Anniversary, Love, Minnie and Mickey". It was great!

This year my birthday is on October 6th, but we going down on October 13th, a week later - should I still fudge and tell them it's my birthday (technically, I am in the same month!) Is 53 too old to be celebrating a birthday down there? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom