WDW Attractions That Need To Be Retired

AndyS2992

We should differentiate between retired and updated. To say Soarin' needs to be retired all together is just unrealistic. It's not ever going to be retired so long as its popularity remains this high. I agree it needs a good cleaning, reprogram, new movie, and new A/V equipment, but completely retired?
This is opinions here. Yes Soarin is very popular and isn't going anywhere and yes, it also needs a massive refurb (which may or may not change my opinion in the future) but I don't like it, I think it is one of the most over hyped and waste of space attractions at WDW. I really don't understand the love for it.

The video is just some random old dated footage that jump cuts from one to another, some kind of smooth transition between them would nice (the sped up LA scene is also annoying and out of place) plus the ride itself is just sitting in a seat that sways from side to side with fan blowing in your face whilst watching a blurry screen. It's not immersive as you can see the sides of the screen and you usually have feet dangling in your face. The screen needs to wrap around and above and below for the full effect to be believable. I also think the ride lacks a punch or excitement, if you like slow relaxing rides, that's fine and all but I'd prefer one or two scenes added that make it seem you like you are going to crash in to trees or a mountain or something (but pull up at the last second type of thing) just to add a little bit of thrill.

Get a big TV with the Soarin video playing, one of those garden swing chairs, someone to push it for you, a fan and some orange peels and car pine air fresheners and there you have it, Soarin in your own home.

As you can tell, the ride just doesn't do anything for me, or the rest of my family. When recently booking Fastpasses together, we always agreed to get Test Track instead.

Last edited:

Sonconato

This is opinions here. Yes Soarin is very popular and isn't going anywhere and yes, it also needs a massive refurb (which may or may not change my opinion in the future) but I don't like it, I think it is one of the most over hyped and waste of space attractions at WDW. I really don't understand the love for it.

The video is just some random old dated footage that jump cuts from one to another, some kind of smooth transition between them would nice (the sped up LA scene is also annoying and out of place) plus the ride itself is just sitting in a seat that sways from side to side with fan blowing in your face whilst watching a blurry screen. It's not immersive as you can see the sides of the screen and you usually have feet dangling in your face. The screen needs to wrap around and above and below for the full effect to be believable. I also think the ride lacks a punch or excitement, if you like slow relaxing rides, that's fine and all but I'd prefer one or two scenes added that make it seem you like you are going to crash in to trees or a mountain or something (but pull up at the last second type of thing) just to add a little bit of thrill.

Get a big TV with the Soarin video playing, one of those garden swing chairs, someone to push it for you, a fan and some orange peels and car pine air fresheners and there you have it, Soarin in your own home.

As you can tell, the ride just doesn't do anything for me, or the rest of my family. When recently booking Fastpasses together, we always agreed to get Test Track instead.
My family and I agree 100% on this. When riding this, it feels like what it is...a big blurry screen while your feet are dangling. We get NO sense of flying whatsoever.

This applies to Mission: Space too. All I feel is Claustrophobic with a screen nearly at my face, spinning really fast and I'm ready to blow...

Please demolish it and bring back Horizons!

StarWarsGirl

Charming enough, for a BAD GUY.

Anyway, I'm not saying that if Indy gets removed it will start off a chain reaction that causes the Nazis to retroactively win World War II, thus depositing us in a nightmarish, dystopian alternate reality, but, on the other hand, we don't know that that WON'T happen.
No, of course npt, beause Indy plays no role in the outcome of the film. If he hadn't been in it, it would have turned out exactly the same.

;)

StarWarsGirl

Anyway, back on topic...

Ellen's Energy Adventure. Just needs to be updated. Seems very dated.
Journey Into Imagination. How about a track-less design for this ride, still featuring Figment?
Tiki Birds. Would be nice if they updated the whole show and the music.
I like Captain EO, but it's time for something new
Circle of Life. Seriously, is anyone still going in there?
Mission: Space. It was a good idea, but in practice...meh. Needs to be redone.

Bairstow

No, of course npt, beause Indy plays no role in the outcome of the film. If he hadn't been in it, it would have turned out exactly the same.

;)

Cute, but without Jones there's no gauruntee that Belloq would have ever succeeded in finding the Well of Souls in the first place.
Beyond that, without Jones' intervention the Ark would not have ended up in US hands; even assuming that Belloq would still have conducted the test prior to delivering the Ark, it's more likely that the Nazis would have recovered the Ark before anyone else would have.

Victor Kelly

By Park.

MK:
Stitch, never have seen it. The predecessor was better. Since not all shows run forever, its time has passed and it is time for something new.
Buzz Light Year, Maybe a full refurb and extensive rehab. It does serve a purpose, it is a people eating omnimover.
Laugh floor: It was ok, not what it was made out to be. I think something better could go in the space.
Magic Carpets: Aladdin and Jasmine deserve way better.
Jungle Cruise: needs updating, but certainly not retirement

EPCOT:
Ellen's Energy Adventure:Needs to be made into something else.
Mission space:See ya later. I like it, but it is hardly ever full. While a superb technological replacement for Horizons, its popularity died off quickly.
Imagination: nuff said

Studios:
Everything gets gone or redone except TOT, Rockin, Star Tours, TSMM.

AK: I rather enjoy it as it is. Still a half day park

mf1972

Anyway, back on topic...

Ellen's Energy Adventure. Just needs to be updated. Seems very dated.
Journey Into Imagination. How about a track-less design for this ride, still featuring Figment?
Tiki Birds. Would be nice if they updated the whole show and the music.
I like Captain EO, but it's time for something new
Circle of Life. Seriously, is anyone still going in there?
Mission: Space. It was a good idea, but in practice...meh. Needs to be redone.
was just about to mention circle of life. u beat me to it. :p

Fox&Hound

The speedway could be remade into something TRON-ish or even Sugar Rush from Wreck-it Ralph.
DHS is being gutted, so it'll be interesting to see what they do there.
Somewhat OT but relevant, they should've put the Snuggly Duckling in MK. Disney blew it when it came to that. Talk about a character meal and then some. Thugs and Ruffians serving you/providing entertainment, but no... it's a bathroom.

I agree that the Snuggly Duckling would be an awesome addition. I thought it would be a great place to have a random villain meet and greet that could change monthly or seasonally: Cruella one day, Captain Hook the next. I could see it in DHS too.

POLY LOVER

journey into imagination needs to be upgraded with some real imaginative work. It was rushed into service the first refurb then had to be refurbed again and it just never hit the mark.

I liked honey I shrunk the audience, it was clever and nice techy affects.

Brer Panther

While we're on the subject, Finding Nemo the Musical. It really isn't that good, and while Finding Nemo is a good movie it doesn't need two attractions either.

Oddysey

World of Motion
Horizons
Spaceship Earth
Journey into Imagination with Figment...

There are just to many omnimovers at Epcot Center and it is so boring. Need to replace them all with roller coasters and thrill rides to make the park fun. Also need more character meet and greets in the showcase. Maybe get rid of Malstrom and replace it with something Anna and Elsa related? Lastly, completely close Communicore East because nobody cares for a technological showcase. Optimism for the future...blah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom