WDW and Disneyland Sizes

AndyB

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

Whats the size difference between Disneyland and WDW's Magic Kingdom?
Are they about the same size.

Which park would you scale Disney California Park to?

Cheers

Andy

peter11435

Disneyland is about 7 acres smaller than WDW's MK. California Adventure is smaller than any WDW park. It is about half the size of MK.

Lee

Adventurer
Someone can probably tell you better than me, but I think...

Disneyland is smaller. It's onstage areas cover about 85 acres, MK is just over 100.
DCA is the smallest of all domestic Disney parks, at about 55 acres.

The entire Disneyland Resort is under 300 acres. That means it could fit into Epcot alone, which is just over 300 acres.

Confused? :confused:

Edited to correct a huge error.

AndyB

Original Poster
Thanks for that.

So could both Disneyland parks be done in 2 days (1 day per park).

How far is Universal studios Hollywood from Disneyland?

Sorry to be a pain, i'm from England.

peter11435

No, just because they are smaller does not mean they are not packed with attractions. Disneyland actually has more attractions than MK, just in a smaller space. I say you need at least 2 days to see the two parks in Disneyland.

I have no idea.

stranger

AndyB said:
Thanks for that.

Disneyland can be done in 2 days, but DCA in one day.

Universal Studios is a little over 35 miles away from Disneyland. Without traffic, expect it to take about 45- 60 minutes to get there.

Sorry to be a pain...

Don't worry, you're not :wave: .

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yes and No

AndyB said:
Thanks for that.

Sorry to be a pain, i'm from England.

It really depends on what you mean by "done". I would say that with a two day park hopper pass, you could spend a fair amount of time in Disneyland each day and get the general flavor of DCA, hitting the major rides like Soarin', Screamin', River and ToT. If you are going there, I would make sure to take the time for the Aladdin show (if you stay in a resort with various packages, you can get preferred admission)

As was said, Disneyland has more than MK. You will know the general layout, but with a Twilight Zone kind of effect. Tomorrowland is currently mostly shut down so time wouldn't be spent there. You would definitely want to go on the "cloned" and unique rides. PoTC is much nicer here, HM is a bit different, but if you can be there in the fall for NBC its amazing. Of course there is Matterhorn, toad is here, as well as a number of other nostalgic rides. You would even want to go on IaSW here, and Toontown is more interesting. The railroad has some interesting perspectives (historical).

So as I degress, probably 3 days would be comfortable to see both, but you can do it justice with a plan and pace for two days.

Remembering the transportation speil at WDW, I think Disneyland can fit into the MK parking lot.

Universal is about an hour north...2 hours at rush hour (oxymoron anyone?)

PhilosophyMagic

QUOTE:
<<So could both Disneyland parks be done in 2 days (1 day per park).>>

You can see the major things in Disneyland Park, (the Magic Kingdom) in a day, but it definately takes more than that to see everything worth seeing. California Adventure is worth half a day to see everything worth seeing.

If possible, I'd get a one-day ticket to the Magic Kingdom for your first visit, and, if you're willing to spend the money, get one of those "one day park hopper" tickets for the second visit, so you can spend half a day in DCA and the other half finishing the Magic Kingdom.

While there's a lot of fun stuff to do at the Magic Kingdom, just so you know, even if you've been on the different versions of some in Europe, definately make sure you DON'T MISS these attractions:

-Indiana Jones Adventure
-Pirates of the Carribean
-Haunted Mansion
-Splash Mountain
-Matterhorn Bobsleds
-Space Mountain

At Californa Adventure, make sure you don't miss these:

-Tower of Terror
-Muppit-Vision 3-D
-Sorin' over Californa
-Grizzly River Run
-It's Tough to be a Bug
-California Screamin'

Have fun!!

QUOTE:
<<Sorry to be a pain, i'm from England.>>

Say hi to Dom Joly for me... is he still doing anything?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom