WDW 50th Anniversary...Space Mountain

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I was wondering as a part of “50 additions“ for the 50th anniversary is it possible that space mountain could get some love to bring it up to the Disneyland version? Such as on board speakers, better projections etc?

Moka

I wouldn't want a complete overhaul, but some updates would be nice. Like you mentioned, speakers, projections and other things like that.

N2dru

All the hate for DLs version which has better effects, an actual soundtrack and rockets that don’t feel like they’re going to rattle off the track. WDW’s needs a lot of work.

It's not hate...coming from a coaster enthusiast, DL's track layout is boring! DL is all right turns, small dip then left turn into the reentry tunnel. Whereas MK's layout is much more varied with left AND right turns and a longer actual drop. True, the effects at DL are cool with onboard audio and yes MK needs an effects update/track replacement but you can't deny MK has a MUCH better coaster layout. Plus it has the history/aura of being the first Space Mountain. Something DL fans always seem to emphasize whenever comparing versions of the same attraction at both parks.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
It's not hate...coming from a coaster enthusiast, DL's track layout is boring! DL is all right turns, small dip then left turn into the reentry tunnel. Whereas MK's layout is much more varied with left AND right turns and a longer actual drop. True, the effects at DL are cool with onboard audio and yes MK needs an effects update/track replacement but you can't deny MK has a MUCH better and varied coaster layout. Plus it has the history/aura of being the first Space Mountain. Something DL fans always seem to emphasize whenever comparing versions of the same attraction at both parks.

...so adding new effects to enhance a themed coaster is a bad thing? Not sure I’m following your logic here, it wouldn’t effect the track I’m talking new effects.

N2dru

...so adding new effects to enhance a themed coaster is a bad thing? Not sure I’m following your logic here, it wouldn’t effect the track I’m talking new effects.
No, its a not a bad thing to add new effects. What I was referring to is the post prior to my reply.

lazyboy97o

It would affect the track. The structural failure of Disneyland’s Space Mountain was the result of the on-board audio being added.

Raineman

Brighter projections and a smoother track is all SM needs, IMO. Any other changes would start to subtract from the attraction. For once, I would love to ride without feeling like I just got beat up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom