WDW 45th Anniversary

Mike S

Passholder 45th I Was There! shirts, plus a bunch more AND magic bands all on Disneystore.com today.

Here's the AP shirt: https://www.disneystore.com/disneys...assholder-limited-release/mp/1417459/1000228/

Shirts are Buy One, Get One 40% off and Free Shipping any order today only with code FREESHIP.
Mother........ what was the point of even getting it if it's not exclusive to people that were actually there, or even Passholders? :banghead:

Gotta say I'm a bit peeved that my shirt isn't really "special" and anyone can get it.

MissM

Mother........ what was the point of even getting it if it's not exclusive to people that were actually there, or even Passholders? :banghead:
Well I AM a Passholder and I WAS there but they told me they were sold out. So I'm glad I had another chance to get one. *shrugs*

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Passholder 45th I Was There! shirts, plus a bunch more AND magic bands all on Disneystore.com today.

Here's the AP shirt: https://www.disneystore.com/disneys...assholder-limited-release/mp/1417459/1000228/

Shirts are Buy One, Get One 40% off and Free Shipping any order today only with code FREESHIP.
Thanks for posting this. I was able to get the shirts I wanted that were NOT available in the MK Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or today! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, DISNEY??!!:mad:

Mike S

Well I AM a Passholder and I WAS there but they told me they were sold out. So I'm glad I had another chance to get one. *shrugs*
Thanks for posting this. I was able to get the shirts I wanted that were NOT available in the MK Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or today! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, DISNEY??!!:mad:
Here's a previous post from this thread that shows how this should've worked.
Those ones are available online to those who waited but there was none left. They gave out a piece of paper with a code for the Disney store on it I believe.
A code that lets you buy it online if you were there but it was sold out.

If you weren't actually there, you shouldn't be able to buy "I Was There!" merchandise. It dilutes the specialty of the item if anyone anywhere can get it. If they sold the same designs online that lacked the "I Was There!" bit, fine. Why anyone can buy what's supposed to be a passholder exclusive shirt is also a head scratcher.

FigmentForver96

:mad:
Is there a Dislike button on this site?
It was old, outdated and not even updated. It was poorly maintained and it was not uncommon to see floats be towed by their second run. It was an embarrassment to even have it running like that. It was cute many years ago but they were now running it because "nostalgia". A dreamlights treatment could have worked but alas they wouldn't do that so the cliff is the better option

MissM

Here's a previous post from this thread that shows how this should've worked.

A code that lets you buy it online if you were there but it was sold out.
Except the CM I talked to not only told me incorrectly that they were sold out - people reported getting them HOURS after I asked - but there was ZERO indication I could "get a code" nor did the CM offer any alternative. He said they were out, end of story. I'm glad I didn't have to miss out simply because I was given wrong information.

It dilutes the specialty of the item if anyone anywhere can get it.
I am SO not worried about the "exclusivity" of a t-shirt. I mean seriously. It's a shirt. If someone who's not a Passholder buys one...who cares?? It's not like it was ever supposed to be limited, numbered collector's edition. You're WAY too invested in this. It's just a shirt. :rolleyes:

Mike S

Except the CM I talked to not only told me incorrectly that they were sold out - people reported getting them HOURS after I asked - but there was ZERO indication I could "get a code" nor did the CM offer any alternative. He said they were out, end of story. I'm glad I didn't have to miss out simply because I was given wrong information.
I did say that's how it "should've" worked, not how it "did" work.

Reading comprehension. Use it.
I am SO not worried about the "exclusivity" of a t-shirt. I mean seriously. It's a shirt. If someone who's not a Passholder buys one...who cares?? It's not like it was ever supposed to be limited, numbered collector's edition. You're WAY too invested in this. It's just a shirt. :rolleyes:
It's an item that was obviously made to be sold in the park on that specific day and the fact that they ran out shows that they were indeed made to be limited. If you don't grasp that very simple concept, whatever.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

That is true more often than not it seems. I could not get the zipper hoody for the First 24 Hour party at Disneyland in the parks and boy did I try but without problem found it online from my hotel room online. :facepalm:

My DD couldn't get the 45th zipper hoody at the parks but nabbed it online. Free shipping.

brb1006

It was old, outdated and not even updated. It was poorly maintained and it was not uncommon to see floats be towed by their second run. It was an embarrassment to even have it running like that. It was cute many years ago but they were now running it because "nostalgia". A dreamlights treatment could have worked but alas they wouldn't do that so the cliff is the better option
One video I seen was missing the entire Alice section.

The Empress Lilly

My 45th haul. I got the brew just because. Other than this, I don't really do special merchandise, no pins or shirts for me.

2modztj.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom