Wdw 2006

stitchcastle

celticdog said:
Exactly!

However, I don't beleive special celebrations draw that many more people, special rates and discounts will do so much more.

Nope, it's the special celebrations just look at the records set during the 25th celebration and how popular the parks are during the holidays. The celebrations always make the parks extra special which in turn draws more people to return for another trip

stitchcastle

CThaddeus said:
On the subject of World Showcase, I've often thought it needed more attractions...and not just more Circlevision. An idea I once had for the Italy pavillion would be an attraction covering the history of Greek/Roman mythology, with a "Hercules" sense of humor and theming. China could do a "Mulan" themed attraction...come to think of it, you could probably find a Disney character or movie for just about every one of the countries (The Three Caballeros in Mexico). I'm not asking for E-Ticket attractions here, just something more than, "Oh, look. We're in Morroco. There's a shop, there's a restaurant. Oh, look. We're in England. There's a shop, there's a restaurant." And for once, why can't Disney foot the bill on some of these attractions in World Showcase? It's their park, after all.

Having Disney related attractions in World Showcase would destroy the authenticity of the place.

World Showcase was supposed to have special attractions for each country (Mt. Fuji and Meet the World for Japan, the Crystal Palace for England, A River Raft ride for Germany, A Gondola ride for Italy, The Matterhorn for Switzerland) not to mention more countries (Australia, Equatorial Africa, Israel, The Soviet Union etc...).

I'm not sure why they never got built, I know it had something to do with budgetary restraints and/or sponsorship.

Anyway, here's my WDW celebrations wish list:

MK - Bald Mountain and/or Fire Mountain
EPCOT - New countries
Disney/MGM - Cinemagique
AK - Beastlie Kingdomme

:D

Tatton

Original Poster
Expo_Seeker40 said:
I really do hope that the wand and stars on Spaceship Earth are removed, and not replaced with a big 25 sign. It would make sense. The wand and stars no longer serve a purpous and have outlasted their proper time.

I do hope Spaceship Earth can be both exterior and interior refurbished along with a new Earth Station. We really do need a new guest services central.

I'm sure there will be some good RETROCOT merchandise, and hopefully a temporary museum of artifacts and films, if not permanent.

I really would like to see a new entrance. I would be so pleased if they would take Leave a Legacy and move it to the park that sits between future world and world showcase. I'm not saying redo the 1982 entrance, but a new entrance that gives more charm of once again soaring palm trees and intricate flower beds, not a concrete wasteland.

I wonder if the park will ever be called EPCOT Center or even Epcot Center again. I really don't know why it had to have a name change. If it was ever the center of WDW at one time is up for grabs, but I do know it was once the center of futuristic and cultural focus and understanding for the Disney company and can still be to this day. I always pictured EPCOT as the word "science". EPCOT Center=Science Center. EPCOT still is an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It is a place that has become a permanent World's Fair with the ever magical Disney presence and even though it had evolved over the years for better or worse, it will always be an Acronym with "Center" slapped on with it for I cringe at seing the bold letters of Epcot. :lol:

When is EPCOT's 25th - I thought it was 2006? (OOPSSS... just read it above!)

djlb16

i dont want a new ride/show/attraction at EPCOT.... MGM is going down, animal kingdom too but at least it got EE... MK is ok as it is now.
MGM needs rehabs and SOMETHING BIGGGGG for the next year!

wdwishes2005

djlb16 said:
i dont want a new ride/show/attraction at EPCOT.... MGM is going down, animal kingdom too but at least it got EE... MK is ok as it is now.
MGM needs rehabs and SOMETHING BIGGGGG for the next year!

the onlu thing that really neads a rehab is tgmr, but i agree one more E-ticket at mgm would be nice, maybe somewhere on the opposite side of the park from ToT.

ChadLP02

Thrawn said:
Why would it be good? What would it teach? A regular steel coaster can't go in future world unless it is about something. One can't go in a WS pavilion unless it has a theme. Can't do the "real mountain" thing, because its going in at AK.

You need somewhere to put it and theme it to if you are going to build it. Just saying "it would be good" doesn't do it, because the park doesn't need one.

Put a coaster themed at the world of energy... physics, lights, etc...would be really cool and make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom