Wdw 2006

Expo_Seeker40

I really do hope that the wand and stars on Spaceship Earth are removed, and not replaced with a big 25 sign. It would make sense. The wand and stars no longer serve a purpous and have outlasted their proper time.

I do hope Spaceship Earth can be both exterior and interior refurbished along with a new Earth Station. We really do need a new guest services central.

I'm sure there will be some good RETROCOT merchandise, and hopefully a temporary museum of artifacts and films, if not permanent.

I really would like to see a new entrance. I would be so pleased if they would take Leave a Legacy and move it to the park that sits between future world and world showcase. I'm not saying redo the 1982 entrance, but a new entrance that gives more charm of once again soaring palm trees and intricate flower beds, not a concrete wasteland.

I wonder if the park will ever be called EPCOT Center or even Epcot Center again. I really don't know why it had to have a name change. If it was ever the center of WDW at one time is up for grabs, but I do know it was once the center of futuristic and cultural focus and understanding for the Disney company and can still be to this day. I always pictured EPCOT as the word "science". EPCOT Center=Science Center. EPCOT still is an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It is a place that has become a permanent World's Fair with the ever magical Disney presence and even though it had evolved over the years for better or worse, it will always be an Acronym with "Center" slapped on with it for I cringe at seing the bold letters of Epcot. :lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
Regarding whether they will celebrate WDW's 35th: Didn't they celebrate Disneyland's 35th? If so, then WDW can do the same.

As for EPCOT, the things I like to see:

-Bring back Dreamfinder
-Re-introduce the EPCOT nostalgics such as EPCOT CENTER and even some of the icons for each attraction (Good way to sell new pins??)
-Something done to WOL or UOE (for the good of the guests)

dave2822

2006 is still part of the HCOE for just about the entire year. There probably won't even be a mention of WDW's 35th. In fact, I think it'd be wrong if they did. DL never gets spotlight, they deserve this year and the next for their 50th anniversary festivities.

EPCOT's 25th I'm sure will be mentioned, but I don't think there will be anything big. Soarin' is plenty to keep me happy for a few years at EPCOT anyway. Probably refurbs, maybe a tweak to RoE or a parade. Maybe the wand will even mention something about the 25th :animwink:

And I enjoy WS for what it is, if they add more countries great, but don't stick a headliner attraction somewhere where it doesn't look like it belongs. The entire area is so nice, such immaculate attention to detail, don't screw it up. And for those shouting coaster, find me a theme, find a place where it fits in WS and doesn't look out of place, find the country that funds it, or else find the nearest Six Flags in your local area.

wdwishes2005

dave2822 said:
And I enjoy WS for what it is, if they add more countries great, but don't stick a headliner attraction somewhere where it doesn't look like it belongs. The entire area is so nice, such immaculate attention to detail, don't screw it up. And for those shouting coaster, find me a theme, find a place where it fits in WS and doesn't look out of place, find the country that funds it, or else find the nearest Six Flags in your local area.

i just suggested a coaster, i'm not an imagineer, and i'm not very creative, all i said was a Coaster would be good in epcot.

PixyDust

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Personally, I cannot wait until WDW's 50th.

But until then, the next celebration, will be EPCOT's 25th. I hope there will be a big annoncement during this celebration for something big to be happening at EPCOT.

I think I can wait on that 50th, considering I'll be 51 years old, and that doesn't sound too great to me... :rolleyes:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
wdwishes2005 said:
i just suggested a coaster, i'm not an imagineer, and i'm not very creative, all i said was a Coaster would be good in epcot.

Why would it be good? What would it teach? A regular steel coaster can't go in future world unless it is about something. One can't go in a WS pavilion unless it has a theme. Can't do the "real mountain" thing, because its going in at AK.

You need somewhere to put it and theme it to if you are going to build it. Just saying "it would be good" doesn't do it, because the park doesn't need one.

celticdog

wdwishes2005 said:

A coaster would be a very bad idea. It would ruin the whole feeling and atmosphere of WS and Epcot as a whole. Epcot needs to get back to the basic dark rides, and it needs to get back the basics of teaching. More themed pavillions or additional counties, that what would be good in Epcot. If you want mindless rides, head to Six Flags.

loriwdunn

I used to be a member of the old Disney Vacation Club (pre-time share days). We used to get magazines with the membership. There was an article about how they were adding Switzerland between China and Germany and it would have a bobsled type ride. Too bad it never happened.

DopeysGirl1226

When we were there in 2001 the big thing was the 100 years if magic, but somehow my father bought a shirt from MK with for the 30th celebration. But I didn't remember hearing about it. Maybe they will do the same thing for the 35th. Keeping promotions focused on the Happiest Celebration on Earth, but also running smaller promos on the 35th.

Just a quick question what is the Dreamfinder? I don't remember what that was.

DisneyRoxMySox

loriwdunn said:
I used to be a member of the old Disney Vacation Club (pre-time share days). We used to get magazines with the membership. There was an article about how they were adding Switzerland between China and Germany and it would have a bobsled type ride. Too bad it never happened.

I'm glad it didn't make it! Althought a new country to the WS wouldn't be a bad thing. But a bobsled ride would be a clone of the Matterhorn. that is a bad thing! Taking away something that makes DL special, isn't cool.

SirGoofy

DopeysGirl1226 said:
Just a quick question what is the Dreamfinder? I don't remember what that was.

Dreamfinder was the creator and teacher of Figment in the original JII. He was a perfect compliment to Figment in that he was more science sided of imagination oriented where Figment used the creative side of the imagination. They both loved to make things w/ imagination, and he was the leader of our Journey through Imagination.

KaliSplash

The 35th for the Magic Kingdom is a possibility. They skipped the 30th to do the 100 Years of Magic.

Last big Magic Kingdom celebration was Number 25.

But I'm guessing they may wait till 40, since we've gotten a lot of new stuff recently and frankly there isn't time to add anything signficant before an Oct. 2006 kickoff, which would be required for a 35th anniversary.

On the other hand, Number 25 for Epcot is coming up in October 2007. Again, there almost isn't time to do anything else major, like build a country or a new pavilion. I'm thinking all we can hope for is a refurb at UOE, maybe something with WOL if they already know what they want to do, and a refurb of SE.

Clearly, they like to do celebrations, so I'm confident that we'll have something soon, if not in 2006, certainly in 2007 from a marketing point of view.

There's always 10 years at AK and 20 years at DisneyMGM on the horizon.

CThaddeus

I cringe at the idea of anything being done to Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately, every time they try to "improve" something in EPCOT they just make it worse, or they gut it and put in something lacking the magic of the original. When I heard they were originally thinking of gutting Spaceship Earth for that Time Chasers attraction I was sickened. It's the last of the truly original edu-tainment attractions and a speed ride just doesn't cut it for me. Not that I'm against fast attractions - any of the mountains at the Magic Kingdom/Disneyland are incredible. But look at what happened with World of Motion. It was an incredible attraction that got replaced with the truly lame Test Track. The only real improvement I've seen so far is in Universe of Energy (well, okay, "Circle of Life" is better than "Symbiosis"). The original was deadly dull and while some don't care for Ellen, I think she's often hysterical and brings a sense of everyman to it.

Next, keep Wonders of Life open all the time. This seasonal nonsense is ridiculous. And it's a rip-off for the guest. Cranium Command makes that pavillion (and Future World) great, and if I can't go on that simply because they're too cheap to staff it that day, that's not guest-friendly.

On the subject of World Showcase, I've often thought it needed more attractions...and not just more Circlevision. An idea I once had for the Italy pavillion would be an attraction covering the history of Greek/Roman mythology, with a "Hercules" sense of humor and theming. China could do a "Mulan" themed attraction...come to think of it, you could probably find a Disney character or movie for just about every one of the countries (The Three Caballeros in Mexico). I'm not asking for E-Ticket attractions here, just something more than, "Oh, look. We're in Morroco. There's a shop, there's a restaurant. Oh, look. We're in England. There's a shop, there's a restaurant." And for once, why can't Disney foot the bill on some of these attractions in World Showcase? It's their park, after all.

If they truly want to do something special for their 25th, they should rebuild Horizons and World of Motion, and bring back the original Journey Into Imagination. Not that that would ever happen, but I can dream, can't I?

GeneralKnowledge

TinkerBell9988 said:
I was hoping to bring back Dreamfinder, take the wand down, and bring Epcot back to its original glory in its "EPCOT Center" days...

But you can only wish and hope for so much, I guess.

But no rollercoasters, please. . . :)

I Totally Agree with you tink...how bout we get horizons and WoM back too... :animwink:

celticdog

Here's a thought to ponder:

Why does Disney have to do anything at all?

Can't we just enjoy the parks for what they are? Do we really need a special celebration every year?

DisneyRoxMySox

celticdog said:
Here's a thought to ponder:

Why does Disney have to do anything at all?

Can't we just enjoy the parks for what they are? Do we really need a special celebration every year?

Disney beleives celebrations draw more people. They think people say to themselves "Hey WDW is having a special event called Magical Gatherings, it is no different then when we normally go, but this is a one in a life time event!!"

But I don't think they realize having a special event every year, makes it "un-special".

celticdog

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Disney beleives celebrations draw more people. They think people say to themselves "Hey WDW is having a special event called Magical Gatherings, it is no different then when we normally go, but this is a one in a life time event!!"

But I don't think they realize having a special event every year, makes it "un-special".

Exactly!

However, I don't beleive special celebrations draw that many more people, special rates and discounts will do so much more.

DisneyFreak529

1) start our family, or 2) do our last Disney holiday as a couple
My husband & I want to start a family to. We had a lot of holidays as a couple. We also went to Canada, a few day trips, and Florida twice, California once, and we are going to do Florida again. Hopefull this will be our last trip as a couple to Disney World. I hope there is nothing big comming If we try to have a baby that is at least 4-5 days w/o a trip to Florida!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom