Tim G

Attachments

• Crush1.jpg
    Crush1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 103

jrriddle

Original Poster
Corrus said:
Don't know either, the layout looks a bit like the "Flounder's Flying Fish Roller Coaster" in Tokyo Disneyland...

I can't compare, never did Flounder's when I was there.
Rumour has it's a wild mouse style coaster with some pluses like a dark ride area.
Looks kinda fun.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They are generating a lot of interest on the French boards... all comments so far seem to say they are for real...

They also do tie in with the WDI concepts already available too. Seems like a pretty decent D-Ticket... now if only they`d built the ToT in the right spot too...

Jose Eber

They are real.

I mean -- I can't think of anyone with CAD experience that would want to accurately replicate a Maurer Sohne ride, know the layout of the land, understand Disney's need for storage on the cars etc. Get that right and all the details...

Plus, I've seen Disney CAD work and what it looks like (HKDL SM) -- granted we are talking CAD and it all looks the same -- but these prints featured just seem like someone has waaaaaaay too much time on their hands. Like, I have a lot of time on my hands, this person would have to have way more and be way dorkier than me with this stuff....don't think that's possible! lol

It looks close.

jrriddle

Original Poster
And what do you suppose a "...and of special effects..." would be.
Ahh translation tools...not exactly Star Trek technology are they. :lol:

Nala_84

Hey there :wave:

I'm new here and I hope you'll understand my bad English :D !

I'm 21 years old and from Germany. I love Disney and DLRP, I've been there 4 times yet.

For sure I'm very interested in the new ToonStudios and I'm really looking forward to them!!

Do you know whether "Crush's Turtle Twister" and the "Cars" Attraction will be for kids or a bit "wilder"?

Nala

jrriddle

Original Poster
Nala_84 said:
Hey there :wave:

I'm new here and I hope you'll understand my bad English :D !

I'm 21 years old and from Germany. I love Disney and DLRP, I've been there 4 times yet.

For sure I'm very interested in the new ToonStudios and I'm really looking forward to them!!

Do you know whether "Crush's Turtle Twister" and the "Cars" Attraction will be for kids or a bit "wilder"?

Nala

First off Welcome to the boards!:wave:
I'm not really too sure but I think that Crush will be for the whole family. fun for teens, not to crazy for kids (and some adults).
Cars looks like a tea cup spinner so probably for kids.
If you are looking for thrills ToT should do it for you!

Nala_84

Hey Mr (or Mrs?) riddle ;)!

Thank you for your answer! Hehe, I have to confess that I'm... often afraid of Big Thrills :eek: !! I prefer mild but wild Thrills like Big Thunder Mountain, I guess I'm afraid of wild darkrides like Space Mountain or Rock'N'Roller Coaster *g*

Will the Crush Adventure be like a real rollercoaster? Someone said it would turn around or something... is there any simliar coaster in an other park?

Oh, I guess the Cars-thing won't be something for me coz I'd maybe feel sick pretty quickly :lol:

Is ToT a freefalltower? I looked at the homepage of WDW and found a video about the ToT there, and I saw that the people there weren't "gesichert" (secured?! I mean there was no seatbelt or somethin, they were simply standing in the middle of the elevator?!). By the way, the word "tot" means "dead" in German :dazzle: :D

LG
Nala

jrriddle

Original Poster
Nala_84 said:
Hey Mr (or Mrs?) riddle ;)!

Thank you for your answer! Hehe, I have to confess that I'm... often afraid of Big Thrills :eek: !! I prefer mild but wild Thrills like Big Thunder Mountain, I guess I'm afraid of wild darkrides like Space Mountain or Rock'N'Roller Coaster *g*

Will the Crush Adventure be like a real rollercoaster? Someone said it would turn around or something... is there any simliar coaster in an other park?

Oh, I guess the Cars-thing won't be something for me coz I'd maybe feel sick pretty quickly :lol:

Is ToT a freefalltower? I looked at the homepage of WDW and found a video about the ToT there, and I saw that the people there weren't "gesichert" (secured?! I mean there was no seatbelt or somethin, they were simply standing in the middle of the elevator?!). By the way, the word "tot" means "dead" in German :dazzle: :D

LG
Nala

Hey (Mr or Ms.) Nala,
From what I understand Crush will be a "Wild Mouse" type coaster similar to Primeval Whirl at DAK or Mulholland Madness at DCA. But it will have a dark ride part as well.
If you get sick on a spinner like The Tea Cups or Cars you won't like Tower of Terror! :lol:
As for the Mr or Ms. check my profile. The picture should answer that for you. I hope. :D

Nala_84

Hi (I guess now I know :D ) Mr. Riddle,

thanx again for your answer!

Okay, a Wild-Mouse thing will be allright for me ;) ! I also like mild thrills like Big Thunder Mountain or even Indiana Jones, but I'm afraid of freefalltowers and dark thrills like Space Mountain *g*.

Have you ever been to the European Disneyland? I've never been to an American one, and I guess I'll never have the money to visit the USA :cry: ... I'd love to see the Animal Kingdom or EPCOT, I only know them from books!

Do you know something about other new attractions in DLRP? Like the Buzz Lightyear-thing?

Have a nice day,
Nala :)

dolbyman

Is ToT a freefalltower? I looked at the homepage of WDW and found a video about the ToT there, and I saw that the people there weren't "gesichert" (secured?! I mean there was no seatbelt or somethin, they were simply standing in the middle of the elevator

hello there fellow german :wave:

the video you saw is just promotional content ..the passengers in ToT are safely seated and stripped down (used to be bars but now there are seatbelts)

I've never been to an American one, and I guess I'll never have the money to visit the USA

just savin some money here and there and you will reach the holy grale of US territory :lol:

jrriddle

Original Poster
Nala_84 said:
Hi (I guess now I know :D ) Mr. Riddle,

thanx again for your answer!

Okay, a Wild-Mouse thing will be allright for me ;) ! I also like mild thrills like Big Thunder Mountain or even Indiana Jones, but I'm afraid of freefalltowers and dark thrills like Space Mountain *g*.

Have you ever been to the European Disneyland? I've never been to an American one, and I guess I'll never have the money to visit the USA :cry: ... I'd love to see the Animal Kingdom or EPCOT, I only know them from books!

Do you know something about other new attractions in DLRP? Like the Buzz Lightyear-thing?

Have a nice day,
Nala :)

I was lucky enough to vist that beautiful park back in the mid 90's just before the studios opened. I LOVE DLP!
I think it's the best Magic Kingdom park and tied with Tokyo Disney Sea as the best Disney park overall.

As for Buzz it will be like the ones at the rest of the parks as far as I know.
It will be an interactive dark ride where you shoot at targets to get points.
I'm all for Buzz it's kind of fun, BUT I think it should have been placed in The Studios park or over by Star Tours.
I am a really big Jules Verne and Capt. Nemo fan and I feel that Buzz is out of place in the main area of Discoveryland.
They should have taken Le Visionarium and changed it into Phileas Fogg's Lab (Disney did the new Around the World in 80 Days movie) they could have installed some kid's rides themed to the movie, creating a Mermaid's Lagoon area like at Tokyo Disney Sea but themed to a Jules Verne character.
But that's just me.

Nala_84

@ dolbyman: Hey, thanks for your answer--fellow German :animwink:
Yeah right, I should save some money--but that's not so easy, coz I'm at college and will be for the next four years. But maybe later on *g*

@ riddle: You're absolutely right! I've always been so glad that Discoveryland is something special compared with the other Disney Parks in the world (Tomorrowland) coz of the topic "The future as seen by great european visionaires". Buzz Lightyear really does not fit in there, absolutely not :rolleyes: It would fit better in the Studios Park, that's right!

ogryn

Nala_84 said:

Have a watch of this video: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/interact/videos/spinballonride.htm

It's the same type of coaster (although the layout will be different).

IMO, these ones are a bit more extreme than the Primeval Whirl style ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom