WDI Changes their minds again... Harry Potter News

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Okay, now, either they change their minds daily, or my friend has gone wacko. It seems everyone in WDI in Florida doesn't want to put Harry Potter in Epcot. They say (rightfully so) that it wouldn't fit the theming. So where are they planning to put it... well, Harry Potter is the biggest fantasy story out there right now... how about Fantasyland? Like, replacing the already cracking lagoon.

Sounds much more logical to me, and I'd love to see Harry Potter somewhere, but do you really think that WDI could change their minds so quickly?

Let me know what you think, and remember, don't shoot the messenger! :lol:

cherrynegra

You're kidding. Were they really going to put Potter in Epcot? Pity. I thought it would be perfect to put it in England. But I wonder why they thought otherwise.

andre85

Frankly, it doesn't matter when they made the decision. WDI isn't stupid, which is exactly why Harry Potter won’t be going into Epcot’s world showcase.

imagineer boy

Ooh, I'm sooo glad they're not putting it in Epcot! It would not fit with the themeing! Epcot is about technology and the unison of the world comming together. Not magic and fairy tales. Fantaseyland might work good, but I'm not sure about that one either because Fantaseyland is about Disney classics, but I think it could go well.... I think the best place to put it is MGM, but its getting way to much stuff already.

ImagineerFan04

well i would like to see a harry potter attraction in wdw. doesn't matter to me where they put it i think where ever they decide it will do fine. But WS does need another attraction or two.

I doen't want to see it replace the lagoon but it's better then an ampithertier and an empty lagoon. I personaly think they should close toontown and build a villianland and bald mountain in the area of the lagoon and and toontown. even indy speedway should close to make this come. it would have given use a reason to wait teen+ years for that lagoon to be replaced and it would take care of that e-ticket problem for a while. And toon town IMHO would work better in the studios. i mean they need to expand and it is only 2 houses a boat and a small roller coaster that they have to move.They could make it bigger and it could expand the studios and even have a roger rabbit subland.

but that's just my thoughts.

sorry for going a little off topic:animwink:

NashvilleMouse

I do not know how much room they have behind England at the World Showcase... but wouldn't it be neat to see a huge Hogwarts building behind England that will have a Harry Potter attraction in it? I don't know, that's just my thoughts. I wouldn't want it in Fantasy Land. To me, Fantasy Land is for Disney characters... traditional characters. That's just my opinion.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
FANTASYLAND!?!? ON THE 2OK LAGOON! ABSURD I SAY!! :fork:

Potter has no place in Fantasyland. The land is for Disney classics, not a Warner Bros. movie...yet a good Warner Bros. movie. England seems like the perfect fit, I don't know why they think there's a problem with the theme, other than the fact it's a fictional story. And World Showcase really needs a "real" ride, not El Rio del Tiempo. It just better not go into Fantasyland. The 20K Lagoon is fine piece of land, it should be used for better things, such as a theater for a show, dark rides for Fantasyland (it should be able to hold about 2 dark rides if it can hold a theater, right?), or part of an expansion of Toontown Fair. I want a Potter ride, but it does not belong in the Magic Kingdom at all.

PeterAlt

How about Animal Kingdom?

I know at first Animal Kingdom sounds more out of place than EPCOT, BUT....

If AK is getting Beastly Kingdom, with its unicorns, dragons, and its "twisted tower" landmark, then a Harry Potter attraction with wizards would fit perfectly!

raven

Since Harry Potter is not a Disney film, it wouldn't look right sitting in MK or Epcot among the Disney theaming. If they were to do it at all, it would most likely be at the Studios.

Just trying to follow the WDI theory.

cloudboy

Wait a minute - I thought one of the reasons that they couldn't do anything with the 20k lagoon was that it was such an integral part fo the water system for all the flume trides that they had to keep it.

stingrock23

I think Fantasyland is the perfect place for a Potter attraction. It is a fantasy story, isn't it? It could provide a major e-ticket and some smaller attractions depending on how much space exists. or even get rid of mickey's starland to create extra space.

The_CEO

Do you KNOW how much room they'd have if they took out the show building and the front lagoon!?! They need to do that and replace it with ONE BIG ' school '. Which will really be a warehouse and we can ride on magic broomsticks!!!

daksimba

Originally posted by cloudboy
Wait a minute - I thought one of the reasons that they couldn't do anything with the 20k lagoon was that it was such an integral part fo the water system for all the flume trides that they had to keep it.

The fear has always been that the lagoon is actually holding up the wall of the men's and women's locker rooms in the tunnels. They are afraid that draining the lagoon may cause the wall to collapse, even before the water is completely drained. Instant flood.

But, with the cast zooming ( :hurl: ) building going in, they might risk it.

As for Harry Potter, England is a BAD idea. The World Showcase is supposed to represent a reality of the countries, not a fantasy. It's what Epcot is all about, reality over fantasy. Harry Potter just wouldn't fit.

wdwfan22

My crystal ball tells me that....Harry Potter isn’t coming to Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Of course crystal balls have been known to be wrong.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by daksimba

As for Harry Potter, England is a BAD idea. The World Showcase is supposed to represent a reality of the countries, not a fantasy. It's what Epcot is all about, reality over fantasy. Harry Potter just wouldn't fit.
Right because everyone knows that magical trolls are perfectly real and exist today in Norway. lol... Harry Potter wouldn't be any more out of place than Maelstrom already is. HP is a huge part of British culture. I still think this whole HP attraction is a rumor to begin with.

daksimba

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Right because everyone knows that magical trolls are perfectly real and exist today in Norway. lol... Harry Potter wouldn't be any more out of place than Maelstrom already is. HP is a huge part of British culture. I still think this whole HP attraction is a rumor to begin with.

But the "trolls" are an image of the history of Norway. It is a definition of the seafaring of old.

Harry Potter is still just at "fad" status, and not an intergal part of the British culture.

Maybe in a hundred years Harry Potter would fit in a England at Disney, but not now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom