WDFA to close! What a kick in the pants

BwanaBob

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
If it decides it's going to be in 3D only then they will throw pixar out of the deal and start creating 3D on their own!

It makes no sence letting another company do your job!

Contractural disputes and CEO pride were still a major battle between Pixar and Eisner.

Pixar's contract, if I'm not mistaken, is almost up (right after the completion of Nemo?).

Pixar wants $$$ and has already said they will go elsewhere (the highest bidder!) and dosen't want to get sucked into another contract like their first w/ Disney. (Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters, Nemo)

They now have the creditability.

Unless Eisner makes one sweethart of a deal, Pixar is gone.

jodez21

i believe disney should stop making all these sequels. its just wearing out all the classics. sure u have the occasional good one, like i dunno, how bout peter pan 2, but the animation just isnt the same. and the little mirmade 2?? sketchyyy, i was not a fan atttt all. it just ruins the reputation for the movie in a way. and lately they've been making wayy to many sequels and stuff. i wasnt even a huge fan of the lion king 2, they just had to take a great movie like the original, and butcher it with #2

PixyDust

I heard an interview with Jennifer Tilley yesterday on Fox News about Haunted Mansion (she's the head in the crystal ball) and she was talking about her next film. She made the comment that she's now in the "Disney Family". In her next film, she's a cow I think. (cartoon) Anyway, she said it was so great to be a part of one of the final 2D Disney films. That they were not doing any new movies that were hand done. I imagine she wouldn't have said this if she hadn't known for sure it was correct info.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by BwanaBob
Contractural disputes and CEO pride were still a major battle between Pixar and Eisner.

Pixar's contract, if I'm not mistaken, is almost up (right after the completion of Nemo?).

Pixar wants $$$ and has already said they will go elsewhere (the highest bidder!) and dosen't want to get sucked into another contract like their first w/ Disney. (Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters, Nemo)

I think Pixar will be leaving...

Disney is usually independent

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by BwanaBob

If i'm not mistaken, The Incredibles would be the last Disney/Pixar film, though the final one could be 'Cars', the one coming out in 2006, but i'm not sure.

I think Disney and Pixar will reach a deal, they both can't do without each other.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
If i'm not mistaken, The Incredibles would be the last Disney/Pixar film, though the final one could be 'Cars', the one coming out in 2006, but i'm not sure.

I think Disney and Pixar will reach a deal, they both can't do without each other.

You're right...realized after I posted! My bad!

Also did a little research.....

>>Pixar and Disney<<

...P.S., sorry about pop-ups.

Chrisc5

Just wanted to add a little bit of info here... My wife and I just got back from our annual 2-week pull at WDW, and we did the Dining With An Imagineer program. Our Imagineer told us that after Home On The Range, hand-drawn was finished (at least under the current plans). As Sherm had posted earlier (I think), this does NOT mean everything will be 3D rendered - a whole lot of the 2D stuff is already computer-gen'd, and not just the backgrounds. They use "tweening" to create a lot of the frames between key movement points...

And as for the comment about South Park and Spongebob not existing without traditional animation, with the exception of the pilots, both of those have been totally computer-gen'd for a long time.

Believe me, I'm as upset about the abandoning of another Disney tradition as anyone else here (and as an animation art collector, even more so - it means there won't be anything to collect!). And it certainly is a downer from the employee standpoint. But I just wanted to maybe reassure those that don't want to see an endless stream of Toy Story-type films from Disney. End-product-wise, the fimls may not be as different from Lilo & Stitch or Brother Bear as you think...

Chrisc5

It was great. I'd imagine it depends on the Imagineer you get, but ours was very "chatty" and filled any lulls in the conversation with interesting info. It also depends on your table-mates - several times, the convo drifted off into "why does Disney charge me .95 to make a pre-paid phone call from my hotel room" kinda stuff. The Imagineer steered us back to pertinent stuff pretty quickly. I'd say it was definitely worth the price - we'll probably do it again next year. Opt for the lunch, however - same experience, just cheaper...

Back to topic - sorry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom