Ways to Make Money to Save for Disney Trip

Jessica Meier

Really want to figure out some ways to make some Money for our upcoming trip. I am a stay at home Mom and my daughter is only in school from 7:30-12. So I have to find something that will allow me to work mornings for 3 or 4 hours. Seems impossible.

LAM378

can someone explain mturk a bit more? I'm trying to figure it out.

@lilclerk is right... It's hard to explain. But anyone who is interested in mturk should register (it takes a few days to be approved to start tasks, I think) and start browsing the tasks. You'll get a feel for it quickly and figure out what type of tasks you're good (and fast) at. As you successfully complete more tasks ("HITs"), your approval rating goes up, and more/better paying tasks open up to you. It took me a month or two doing thousands of quick $.02 newbie tasks before I got my numbers up and really good stuff started appearing for me.

One warning--weekends are very slow on mturk. Thousands more tasks get posted on weekdays. Things slow down in the summer as well when a lot of students are away from college. I'll be a happy mturker in September! :greedy:

Upvote 0

LAM378

I will have to get signed up and get ready to start then. My daughter heads back to school in two weeks so I will have 3-4 hrs in the morning. Yeah!

Morning is a great time of day for surveys, which tend to pay well for very little effort. Again, you'll see many more of them in the fall but there will still be a lot now. If you have any questions or feel like you're stuck, give me a shout! Good luck! :)

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

i signed up for mturk a couple of weeks ago and have been kind of disappointed. after about two hours of poking and clicking, i made $3. does it get better, like the more you do it the more options open up? most of the stuff i see is between .04-.09 per HIT.

Upvote 0

LAM378

i signed up for mturk a couple of weeks ago and have been kind of disappointed. after about two hours of poking and clicking, i made $3. does it get better, like the more you do it the more options open up? most of the stuff i see is between .04-.09 per HIT.

YMMV but I think it gets better :). More HITs open up when you reach 1000 approved, 5000 approved, etc. The majority of requesters set filters for who can do their HITs, and getting your numbers up is key.

Time of day does matter. University surveys are usually quick and pay well, and lots are posted weekday mornings. You can make money at night, but the pickings are slimmer.

When available, a requester called p9r is great for number building, with simple data entry tasks.

There's a daily thread called Great Hits on a site called mturkforum. I recommend keeping that thread open in a separate tab and checking it while you mturk. Lots of great information sharing about the best tasks of the day, so you can hop on them when they're posted.

I wouldn't be discouraged yet. It took me a couple months to get into a groove with mturk and figure out how to maximize my earnings, but it's hard to explain exactly how I did it because personal skills and the available HITs vary so widely.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Summers do tend to be slow on mturk since lots of the college kids that put HITs up aren't in school. Monday and Tuesday mornings were always my biggest days, though!

mturkforum and mturkgrind are awesome forums, I really recommend reading through the Greatest Hits threads for the day. Even if you skim through all the chit chat and just find the HITs that are posted, it's a great way to learn!

p9r is good, I also really liked Redwood and Crowdsurf for easy transcription tasks.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Since you both bumped a post from 2014, six years ago... I certainly hope the OP has saved enough money for a trip by now. Even with Disneys price increases and added fees, if she saved just her bottles and can money and turned them into cash, she should have a tidy amount in her piggy bank to go on a trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom