Way back machine - DCA's Eureka! parade & initial offerings

JSouth25

This thread is a nostalgia trip. I grew up with DCA, and even though I’m glad the 2.0 overhaul happened, I have a lot of fond memories with my family at OG DCA. I have vague memories of Superstar Limo when I was 4 years old, I’m pretty sure we rode it multiple times because I wasn’t tall enough for other rides yet.

Emmanuel

My sister worked at Golden Dreams during her time as a CM at DCA. She was even able to attend the final showing of the film before it closed to make way for Little Mermaid.

I kind of miss the days of my early AP days when DCA was empty even on Saturdays and the park closed even earlier (I think it closed around 8 or 9 on nights when Disneyland closed at midnight).

Phroobar

Original Poster
I loved the kiss good night song they would play after the final World of Color and the park was closed. "Gotta get to Disneyland....I believe in Disneyland. Come with me to Disneyland."

In other words, "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

CaptinEO

My sister worked at Golden Dreams during her time as a CM at DCA. She was even able to attend the final showing of the film before it closed to make way for Little Mermaid.

I kind of miss the days of my early AP days when DCA was empty even on Saturdays and the park closed even earlier (I think it closed around 8 or 9 on nights when Disneyland closed at midnight).

Here is the source video:

Miru

I keep wondering how this video would look acted out with AA figures. Before the budget was cut, that was the idea.
I feel like a balance could be done; AA figures based on IP (probably just Mickey & Friends), with the rest being a video.

Miru

It was suppose to be Epcot's American Adventure but at DCA based on the state instead.
Yep. But if Imagineering decided to try again these days, they’d almost certainly have to chuck in IP (no, not even Tokyo Disneyland anymore can avoid IP!), with the Adventureland Treehouse being a miraculous exception. Which is why I mitigated it by making the IP stuff AAs while the film can remain original.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Here is the Bug's Life dance studio they had back in 2004. My son is learning to dance.

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom