Waves of Disney Obsessiveness

KCheatle

Original Poster
For a long time, I had what I'd consider to be a constant Disney addiction. Every day or so I checked these boards, and I commented on topics but once a day was enough and then I moved on to other things.

Lately, however, I have been going through waves of Disney obsessiveness. So, a few weeks ago, I didn't really think about Disney much -- checked these boards maybe once a week, piped in occasionally, but otherwise didn't really think about it. NOW, though, I can't seem to get off these boards!! I just have this overwhelming need to talk about Disney constantly! I'm on these boards at least 5 times a day (if not more via checking my cell phone app). I'm looking at pictures, and listening to loops of park music!! Maybe it's because I went to the Disney store this past weekend in Minneapolis and it set me off or something???

Does anyone else just all of the sudden get these bursts of Disney-obsessiveness????

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

For a long time, I had what I'd consider to be a constant Disney addiction. Every day or so I checked their boards, and I commented on topics but once a day was enough and then I moved on to other things.

Lately, however, I have been going through waves of Disney obsessiveness. So, a few weeks ago, I didn't really think about Disney much -- checked these boards maybe once a week, piped in occasionally, but otherwise didn't really think about it. NOW, though, I can't seem to get off these boards!! I just have this overwhelming need to talk about Disney constantly! I'm on these boards at least 5 times a day (if not more via checking my cell phone app). I'm looking at pictures, and listening to loops of park music!! Maybe it's because I went to the Disney store this past weekend in Minneapolis and it set me off or something???

Does anyone else just all of the sudden get the bursts of Disney-obsessiveness????

Absolutely! For me the obsessiveness intensifies in the build-up to a WDW trip. After the trip is over, I go fully dormant until after another trip is booked, and then the obsessiveness begins to build again... :)

officialtom

It definitely happens to me. I'm usually able to "control" my obsession for about 6 months after a late-winter trip, but then as the weather gets colder and we move into winter, I get more and more obsessed all over again. Something about Christmas always sets me off too. We've never been to Disney at Christmas, so it's not that. I think it's most just the season of celebration and family and happiness, which are all feelings that I relate to all of my time at Disney.

I can see myself going to Disney every winter for the rest of my life. That's how much I'm in love not with Disney, but with the Disney experience.

Last edited:

Dog Ate Mouse

Hello, my name is Andy and I am a Disney Obsessive person. My addiction was secretly started in the 70's as a little boy when my sister and soon to be Brother-in-law had kidnapped me and forced me to go and see the Magic Kingdom in WDW. From that day I was secretly transposed into a Disney Obsessive person. As an adult I have taken my children there and now my wife and I go on trips by ourselves. I feel that I have ruined my daughter who took my grandson last year for his very first WDW trip. They loved it and want to go back. I am so ashamed that now we want to go and spend Christmas time their as well. My House is full of Disney things and pictures of us all. I am so badly ashamed of this and have decided I need one more fix this coming October 2014. After this I will try and seek out help. My wife tells me of one great Doctor that maybe able to help. Doctor Von-Goofy and his associate Pluto have been said to be the best in their field with this Disney obsessiveness. All I want is to be normal again, oh the agony and happy thoughts. If any of you out there is buying and feel a need to help me with this, I will really be mad at you for trying to fix this wonderful issue with me that I hope will stay with me forever.

jlsHouston

Yes I am addicted to visiting WDW as often as possible. I also obsess over this board in waves. I guess you could say I binge. The closer I get to my trip and usually immediately afterwards I am not as obsessive but in the planning stage of a trip I do give wdwmagic a lot of attention and the disney website too. This reminds me to go look on buildabettermousetrip and see if the March movie schedule is up yet.o_O

Susan Savia

I get on here each morning and again at night. I learn alot reading what others say about every aspect of the parks. Sometimes it relates to me a lot, othertimes not so much. I enjoy reading the countdowns for the lucky ones getting ready to go and checking out the beautiful photos. For me getting on here and being a part of the community is exciting and fun.

lilclerk

I always get like this in the winter. I really wish I was in the sweltering heat of AK right now, and I don't even like AK that much.

I have a trip scheduled for this September, but I'm sure when I'm sitting here sweating my butt off this summer, I won't be obsessing over being in a hot theme park as much.

steamboatjosh

Oh I'm definitely addicted. Since we are having a Disney wedding and honeymoon I agreed with my fiance to take a break from Disney so he doesn't get tired of it before then. No watching anything Disney or listening to Disney music until a month before the wedding!!!!!! So I have to get my Disney fix from these boards. I've been cheating in a way though. (I've been watching Disney park documentaries and specials when he isn't here).

Walt Disney1955

I feel the same way. For example the Olympics were going on last month. I was obsessed with them for two weeks and sort of forgot about everything else around me. Including this site. Also, when there isn't a trip booked or at least tentatively booked I can get a little depressed on here. When there are some bad financial situations I try to focus on those instead of talking about Disney because I know a trip is a long ways off to even think about until some bills are paid. I'm in the situation now where things are picking up a bit and there is a glimmer of hope for a 2014 trip. Just a glimmer. So that gets me back on these boards in a hurry.

BiffyClyro

It happens... When I come back, I don't want to look at a Disney discussion board because i'm too sad :D. But then I get over it, look forward to next year and can't wait. I'm really wanting to go back, but it's a massive maybe this year because my parents may be adopting a toddler, so hopefully that all goes to plan. But then hopefully we can come back with the little munchkin and watch his face light up. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom