Waves of Disney Obsessiveness

DizneyPryncess

Yep! When it gets closer to the trip, I'm on the boards more frequently. And afterward, I'm not on as often. Sometimes I visit once a day just to see updates, and other times I'm more chatty. :)

Tribritt

For a long time, I had what I'd consider to be a constant Disney addiction. Every day or so I checked these boards, and I commented on topics but once a day was enough and then I moved on to other things.

Lately, however, I have been going through waves of Disney obsessiveness. So, a few weeks ago, I didn't really think about Disney much -- checked these boards maybe once a week, piped in occasionally, but otherwise didn't really think about it. NOW, though, I can't seem to get off these boards!! I just have this overwhelming need to talk about Disney constantly! I'm on these boards at least 5 times a day (if not more via checking my cell phone app). I'm looking at pictures, and listening to loops of park music!! Maybe it's because I went to the Disney store this past weekend in Minneapolis and it set me off or something???

Does anyone else just all of the sudden get these bursts of Disney-obsessiveness????
. I have been on a WDW count down for the last 60 days! I have three rooms that are decorated in Disney. I've been playing Soarn' on my iPhone over and over!
Tomorrow I'm off to the Disney Store in Denver.

AngieTink27

Glad to have found this site which will help me get through the "down time" a.k.a. times when we are not at Disney. I figured there are two stages of our Disney obsessiveness --- we are either at disney, or are planning to be at disney. Sadly the planning part seems to be the most drawn out and antagonizing.

Mikester71

It definitely comes in spurts. After our last trip in 2011, I honestly didn't know when we would be able to make it back down to the "World" and for some reason, I stopped coming on here. Before that, this was the site I was on the most on any given day. I was a night owl and would spend an hour or two EASY on here every night before bed. I didn't always post or comment a lot, I just liked coming on here to read what other people were saying and to look at other peoples pictures of their trips.

I am a bit OCD, and I can honestly say it became addicting to the point where I would HAVE to come on here every time I was on a computer. Especially if we had a trip planned, which was every 2 years from 2005 up until our last one in 2011. And I was definitely on here more during the winter months, when the weather was cold and miserable up here. It was a nice escape and really, who WOULDN'T rather hear about and look at pictures of WDW and sunny Florida when it is a blizzard right outside your own windows! But then we returned from our 2011 trip and with the kids getting older and other stuff happening in our lives, it looked like that was going to be it for us and WDW for the foreseeable future. So as much as I liked reminiscing about our past trips with my family and our friends, I honestly just wasn't into reading about it everyday. I picked up a few other interests and hobbies and kinda just moved on to them instead instead of reading and talking about Disney all the time. Plus, a few things changed in my personal life and I just didn't have the time to get on the computer, or this site, as much anymore.

Fast forward to the past month or two and things have FINALLY settled down in my life and are starting to get back to normal. It's been the winter from HELL up here this year and my wife and I find ourselves thinking of those sunny WDW trips quite often while listening to our co-workers tales of their getaways to warmer climates. I gradually found myself drifting back to this site (I REALLY did miss it!), to see what everybody has been up to and to read what is going on down there. Things have gotten better in our lives to the point that my wife and I decided that we are definitely going to head back down to the World next April, just the two of us this time though. 23 years of marriage and we have never managed to escape without the kids. So it gives us something to look forward to and will hopefully kick our Disney passion back up a notch!

SMS55

Yes. As I am approaching a Disney trip it ramps up. I am on here more often, looking for info, posting on all sorts of topics and such. Once I return I don't go on for a little while. Maybe I'll come once a week or so. I just booked last week for mid May, so I'll start to coming back more frequently.

WV_Jayola

This couldn't describe me any more accurately. I can get it off of my mind for a week or so sometimes, but when it comes crashing back, it's literally ALL that I can think about. And because we usually begin talking about booking our trip around this time of the year, I ALWAYS start thinking more about it then ever right about now.

Britt

This couldn't describe me any more accurately. I can get it off of my mind for a week or so sometimes, but when it comes crashing back, it's literally ALL that I can think about. And because we usually begin talking about booking our trip around this time of the year, I ALWAYS start thinking more about it then ever right about now.
This is exactly what happened to me. It's been almost 2 years since our last trip and we had convinced ourselves we could be ok with going in 2015 ("kids will be at perfect ages, 10, 9, 5", "more financially secure" "blah blah") and then we were going through albums on FB and found our past trips and got lost in memories, kids laughing and BAM. We're going back. And I can't stop obsessively thinking about it!!!

WHY DISNEY WHHHHHY? hahahaha :D

ScarletBegonias

It's hard for me right now because I haven't been in so long, I really don't know what to be excited about! We aren't going until next september, but since i've known the trip is being planned, I can't stop myself from coming on here a lot. I can't chime in with much because I really don't rememebr a lot, but I am already excited about bringing my daughter (who will be about 14/15 months when we come)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom