Watto's Grotto to reopen at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
They said that 500,000 thousand dollars of Star wars merchandise was sold from Force Friday. This is a huge cash cow for Disney.
*edit based on sales Friday they expect it to sell 500,000 by the end of the year*
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...3ea6fc-5244-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html

They are hoping for $500,000,000.

Based on the empty store shelves I n the SW toy areas I saw locally they may be conservative unless they simply cannot produce the toys fast enough.

Already major shortages of the BB8 droids and the movie hasn't come out yet and way too early for Christmas shopping.

DManRightHere

They said that 500,000 thousand dollars of Star wars merchandise was sold from Force Friday. This is a huge cash cow for Disney.
*edit based on sales Friday they expect it to sell 500,000 by the end of the year*
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...3ea6fc-5244-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html

Nationwide

They are hoping for $500,000,000.

Based on the empty store shelves I n the SW toy areas I saw locally they may be conservative unless they simply cannot produce the toys fast enough.

Already major shortages of the BB8 droids and the movie hasn't come out yet and way too early for Christmas shopping.

$500,000,000 sounds a lot better lol! I don't know if they'd ever be able to collaborate a real close number anyways.

EDIT: That is a well written article. Now I'd like to go to the Disney Store.

Last edited:

jt04

Disney calling something "permanent" is pretty scary considering how long their "temporary" things tend to last. ;)

This is nowhere near the levels of immersion described for the new Star Wars Land venues. Simply a quick add to meet demand and well done considering how fast it was built.

roj2323

Yep. I wonder if the "Permanent Prop Installation" has actually yet to happen and will actually be coming at a later date to fill the space.
That would kinda make sense. They do have a few other star wars props laying around from what I recall.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Last time this was open the Snow speeder was right outside and I believe it was removed when it closed. Does anyone know if its back? This might be the prop installation the permit was about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom