Water Parks: Umm...I don't think so!!

WDWGuy

Original Poster
AHAHAHAHA!!!!

Silly me.....

I drove on property today only to discover that my idea of hitting a water park to cool off would be completely destroyed...

BOTH TYPHOON LAGOON and BLIZZARD BEACH ARE AT CAPACITY TODAY!!!

And its only Wednesday.....

The masses are coming again....Good for the parks...bad for me.....

Oh well, guess I will have to do an afternoon jaunt in the parks instead...perhaps Dinosaur and Primevil Whirl....

WDWGuy:hammer:

DisneyCP2000

Yeah, it's crazy how the water parks fill up so early! They usually open the doors again later in the afternoon though :)

Beat the heat with a Kali River Rapids :) or even jump in a play fountain at Epcot :lol:.

Sean23

I went to TL on Sunday and it was empty but the weather was rainy. You can go to River Country I do not think that will be filled to capacity.:rolleyes: :cry:

Kenan

Originally posted by Sean23
I went to TL on Sunday and it was empty but the weather was rainy. You can go to River Country I do not that will be filled to capacity.:rolleyes: :cry:

Aint River Country closed?

prberk

They need to re-open River Country (even if it needs refurbishing first). Still a great idea, and a nice alternative to the "fast and furious" waterparks.

Just my opinion.

magicjay1989

Originally posted by prberk
They need to re-open River Country (even if it needs refurbishing first). Still a great idea, and a nice alternative to the "fast and furious" waterparks.

Just my opinion.

I went to fort wilderness and we rented some water boats and trust me you do not want to go swiming in river country's water!!!!!!! The reson it is closed and has been closed for so long is because its lagoon is a part of the lake. When it gets hot during the summer it does something to the water that has caused them to close it. Untill they find a way to keep lake water out of the water park they will not open it.

Tekneek

Originally posted by magicjay1989
I went to fort wilderness and we rented some water boats and trust me you do not want to go swiming in river country's water!!!!!!! The reson it is closed and has been closed for so long is because its lagoon is a part of the lake. When it gets hot during the summer it does something to the water that has caused them to close it. Untill they find a way to keep lake water out of the water park they will not open it.

Are you certain about this? This issue has been debated elsewhere, and there have been confirmations AND denials from Disney employees about the water in River Country, whether it is directly from the lagoon, and whether water treatment/conditioning is cause for the permanent shutdown.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Tekneek
Are you certain about this? This issue has been debated elsewhere, and there have been confirmations AND denials from Disney employees about the water in River Country, whether it is directly from the lagoon, and whether water treatment/conditioning is cause for the permanent shutdown.

Its lake water. FIltered to get chunky things and particles out, I believe, but not treated as your drinking water at home would be.

Sean23

Then why was it open from 1976 until September 2, 2001. I have been to RC over 100 times and never had a problem swimming in the lake water.

magicjay1989

If you go to the boat dock and and start going into the lake for a swim (If you do this please do not go past your Knees) cast members will come over a tell you "you do not want to go past your knees in the water". The laggon in river country is covered in this puffy brown stuff. I know that if you go to silver springs in the summer it is in some places in there canals. It is a cemical reaction to the hot summer sun.

djmatthews

If you go to the boat dock and and start going into the lake for a swim (If you do this please do not go past your Knees) cast members will come over a tell you "you do not want to go past your knees in the water". The laggon in river country is covered in this puffy brown stuff. I know that if you go to silver springs in the summer it is in some places in there canals. It is a cemical reaction to the hot summer sun.

Yukky Yukky. I went to River Country back in 1997, I have got to say, I didn't really like the "good ole swimming hole", even though it was clorinated (sp), it was still minging. However, it was a nice relaxing day, and the pool with the two slides were fun. It would be nice if they made a mock swimming hole, the same idea, but turn it into a pool rather than an overspill of Bay Lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom