Water Parks & More Option without Park Hopper Question

kucarachi

I've never gotten the water parks and more option without the park hopper and was wondering if you could go to the water parks and the actual parks in the same day. Or do you have to use them as if they were a one day park pass and you were stuck at the water park that whole day.

ParentsOf4

The water parks and more option count as a separate ticket. You can use them on the same day. For example, if you purchase a 10-day ticket with the option, you get 10 days of theme parks and 10 days of water parks and more. If you visit a theme park and a water park on the same day, this counts as 2 visits, one against your theme park count and one against your water parks and more count. You do not need the hopper option to visit both on the same day.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Without the hopper option you can only visit one of the four main parks on any given day, but you can go to both water parks and Disney Quest in addition. Each "extra" takes one of your available admissions from your total. You can return to the same main park or any of the others as many times as you like on the same day and it doesn't use up additional admissions. For example, you could start at Blizzard Beach, head to MK and return to BB later, your two visits to BB on the same day would only use one of your "extras".

Upvote 0

kucarachi

Original Poster
Thanks Monty I was pretty sure about this but didn't want to take a chance. We have 10 days at the parks and didn't feel the need to hop.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks Monty I was pretty sure about this but didn't want to take a chance. We have 10 days at the parks and didn't feel the need to hop.

I have APs so it isn't an issue, but if I'm between APs I usually pay for Hopper just for convenience. If the park I'm in has a few rides down, I can hop to another. It's very rare I'd plan to hop, only if an ADR could only be done on a day I definitely didn't want to be in that park.

Upvote 0

Polydweller

The water parks and more option count as a separate ticket. You can use them on the same day. For example, if you purchase a 10-day ticket with the option, you get 10 days of theme parks and 10 days of water parks and more . If you visit a theme park and a water park on the same day, this counts as 2 visits, one against your theme park count and one against your water parks and more count. You do not need the hopper option to visit both on the same day.

It's important to note the it is not 10 days of water park and more it's admissions. If you got to say Blizzard beach and Disney Quest on one day that's two if your ten admissions. Same thing if you went to both water parks on one day, that would be two admissions. So water parks and more do not work like theme parks which are days. Not a problem for most folks but something that has to be kept in mind.

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

When buying APs, screw the water and more. Just buy an AP for the parks and an AP for the water parks separately. It's cheaper.

I don't want to go to Disney Quest or play golf.

Most people aren't aware of this option. There, I just shared a secret. You're welcome.

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

We are headed down for 10days in June with WPMFPackage and no PH also. This will be our 4th trip and we find that by not having the park hopper it's like forced down time. The first 2 years we had PH and it's like we never stopped because there was always somewhere else to go. We have 1 FULL park day scheduled at each major and each of the water parks, then half days in there where we'll be at both. Our second time in each park is mainly to reride fav's so were in and out pretty quick. Once that's done, off to the WP's.

Upvote 0

kucarachi

Original Poster
we bought annual passes in 2010 and never got to use them in 2011 due to having a new baby...so that was 400 bucks wasted and we are in the dvc club and banked points that have to be used now. We are going in 10 days and have never been there this time of year we usually like going for halloween or christmas seems the lines right now are crazy hope it calms down after easter.

We only plan on going to each water park once and disney quest 1 time maybe 2. so we are giving away 7 admissions but what can you do.

Upvote 0
You could just buy a 1 day admission to the water park at the gate or DQ as needed, it might be cheaper? I've not priced that in a while.

I do know I've stopped buying the water park and more on my tickets as it just seemed like a waste of cash for one visit.

we bought annual passes in 2010 and never got to use them in 2011 due to having a new baby...so that was 400 bucks wasted and we are in the dvc club and banked points that have to be used now. We are going in 10 days and have never been there this time of year we usually like going for halloween or christmas seems the lines right now are crazy hope it calms down after easter.

We only plan on going to each water park once and disney quest 1 time maybe 2. so we are giving away 7 admissions but what can you do.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You could just buy a 1 day admission to the water park at the gate or DQ as needed, it might be cheaper? I've not priced that in a while.

I do know I've stopped buying the water park and more on my tickets as it just seemed like a waste of cash for one visit.
For one visit a single day ticket is less expensive. Once you go twice, the water park and more option is less expensive.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom