water parks and shoes....

jacalynsue

Original Poster
Darling Daughter refused to wear boating shoes (the type that slip on and easily stay on all day). So I took a bottle holder strap from the Animal Kingdom, ran it through the straps of her sandals, back through itself and hung it from my shoulder whenever we went into the crosscountry river or castaway creek, kiddie area, etc. Even cast members commented it was a good idea. The pavement gets hot and shoes are a must. But if you have a kid who has a mind of her own, the strap trick is an easy way to keep the shoes with you at all times.

I did have a couple of people point out the floating shoes to me- thinking we had lost them and not realizing they were tethered. But that's typical of the Disney guests who are looking out for each other.

It goes without saying that the straps should not be worn around the neck unless you get one with a safety release. And I'd never trust my daughter to keep track of them. This is really for the parents of stubborn kids.

CoastalX

when i was little, my mom would buy me and my sisters, water shoes for the water parks. They dry fast and keep you feet from burning on the hot sidewalks.

jacalynsue

Original Poster
I agree boating/water shoes are best. But my daughter is very spirited and shall I say... independent in her thinking. Some battles are not worth fighting, especially on vacation! The tether kept the shoes from getting lost when in the water and her feet safe out of the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom