Water Parks and Disney Quest Plan

Lightyear

Need some trip planning advice from the real experts! I have been a WDW AP holder for many years. This year we have chosen to do multiple hoppers with water park option. We are always at Disney for the first two weeks in July. I know it is hot and crowded but it is also a great time to be in the parks. (think late late nights in the MK!) We are not BB and TL vetrans so help is needed. When to attempt to go? (We have seen the big signs saying CLOSED.) Thinking we dont need all day there since the kids will wear out fast.

From what I read about Disney Quest our best bet might be to go there early and hit a park in the night hours. (my 10 yr old will be so excited to go back here!) Any days that are better than the others? Tips? I think my 6 yr old may still be a little too small to enjoy this place?

Thanks for any help! Major trip planning mode here!:sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Go to the water parks early or right after the inevitable afternoon shower.

The waterparks do tend to fill up early, but will thin out greatly during the rain.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

I would go to the water parks as soon as they open. They usualy close around noon because they are full, or see if there is a EMH in the morning for a water park they usualy work well. As far as Disney Quest goes I would suggest take a day away from the parks and go there, theres a lot for a 10 year old to do and it is video game heaven. The multi floors make it not so croweded and thats why I usualy stop by to creat my own rollercoaster or something like that. but yeah you can spend the whole day in there.

Well a 10 year old can anyways, I usualy stop in before I hit up PI for the night

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We have done the water parks in the past and like most things at WDW, being at the park when it opens is key. They start letting you in the turnstiles around 8:30am and drop the rope at 0900. We will go and first pick out a spot to leave our towels, cooler, extra sun screen, and the like. Make sure that you get a chair for everyone in your party, and that it is under one of the cabanas. By the afternoon we are tired and we always talk of going to a park after dinner, but don't seem to have the energy. Make sure if you are out that everyone in your party uses lots of sunscreen, nothing worse that sunburn, don't forget the tops of your feet (I speak from experience).

Upvote 0

Lightyear

Original Poster
Can you tell I like to have a plan? If we try the afternoon approach, what time does it clear out? Any experience with this?
Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

AndyJo0930

We have been there both first thing in the morning and went later in the afternoon. They tell you to go after 3:30, it starts clearing our around then.

Upvote 0

Lightyear

Original Poster
Thanks just the info I was looking for! Since they will close at 8 in July. I think it will be a early morning of fun in the parks, nap and then afternoon of water park fun for the kids.

Upvote 0

mcstensrud

First thing in the morning is key
Make sure you get there before the tour busses from all over Fla show up!
Thats when the Water parks fill up to capacity.
BTW Get a locker for your valubles.
I learned the hard way.

Have Fun!

19 Days to Go Whoo Hoo

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Allow me to make a recommendation. For Typhoon Lagoon, you have an added option since it offers Evening Extra Magic Hours in the summer, and these are usually quite light especially after the afternoon clear-out due to thunderstorms. Evening EMHs at Typhoon Lagoon will be offered July 7, 14, 21, and 28 this year. Also realize that both water parks open for Resort guests at 8 am every day, and this will allow you to be at Typhoon Lagoon til 11 pm--definitely a special experience, since the water parks are very nice at night (and it's still about 85 degrees at 11 pm in the summer hahaha).

Upvote 0

imamouse

Our family loves swimming at night in FL. It's one of our favorite things to do! Plus, even with arriving prior to opening, it's only a short time before the water parks reach capacity.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
First thing in the morning is key
Make sure you get there before the tour busses from all over Fla show up!
Thats when the Water parks fill up to capacity.
BTW Get a locker for your valubles.
I learned the hard way.

Have Fun!

19 Days to Go Whoo Hoo

If you're trying to avoid the crowds - then why go so early? Go later in the day when you can actually get on the slides!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom