Water Pageant

disney dude

Original Poster
I have read many times on these pages about the water pageant on the sevens seas lagoon to coincide with Wishes, please can you tell me more....how do i get to see it, do i have to be staying in one of the resorts around the lake, is it worth watching, what tie does it start & does anyone have any pics so I can get a better idea?:confused:

k.hunter30

I have read many times on these pages about the water pageant on the sevens seas lagoon to coincide with Wishes, please can you tell me more....how do i get to see it, do i have to be staying in one of the resorts around the lake, is it worth watching, what tie does it start & does anyone have any pics so I can get a better idea?:confused:
It actually hits the MK area right before Wishes usually. You can see it on the Lagoon from any of the MK resorts - including WL (I think). It's very nice. Reminds me of my childhood. I'm sure if you do a search for "Water Pageant" either on here or even google you'll see some pics.

I'd share mine, but being on a boat when I took them, the pictures didn't turn out very well - too much movement.

k.hunter30

Allears:
Although the pageant generally follows the schedule below, check with the Guest Services Desk at your Magic Kingdom Resort for times during your stay. Inclement weather can cause cancellation of the pageant.
Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20 p.m. (only during extended MK park
hours)

Note that when the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.
I just wanted to highlight that beginning part. During our last visit to WDW just a month ago, the times and details were different.

EPCOT.nut

We were able to see the water pagent from the Ferry Boat - we got on it the perfect time (can't remember the time) and we were actually stopped on the ferry waiting to go across and the pagent went right by. I took picture but they didn't turn out. BUMMER.

We also watched it from the Contemporary bar area. :D

EMThompsen

It's kind of hokey so don't break your neck trying to see it. But it is cute.
The pagent goes around to all the resorts on the lake so you can see it from many of the resorts.I took a picture from the Contemporary Hotel. Didn't come out very well though:eek:

Attachments

• image_31.jpg
    image_31.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 45

PurpleDragon

Yea that water pagent has been around for yeeeeeeaaaarrrs. I remember seeing it many times while waiting in line for the ferry, back when I was still in elementary school. I'm 30 now if that tells you anything about how long its been around.

cybertheo

Emthompson - That's a really good picture of the WHOLE parade.

I really like it. It is pretty cute. I've watched from ny hotel room several times.

This last trip we did a magical cruise for the fireworks at MK and then got to watch the water parade sitting right next to it. It's a great way to spend a night.

WDWFigment

Can the Water Pageant be seen from any location in Chef Mickeys (I've never been :eek:)? I'm thinking about booking ADRs (if still possible at this point) for my August trip, but I need to know if I need to book so dinner is over by the time the Pageant starts.

EMThompsen

Emthompson - That's a really good picture of the WHOLE parade.

I really like it. It is pretty cute. I've watched from ny hotel room several times.

This last trip we did a magical cruise for the fireworks at MK and then got to watch the water parade sitting right next to it. It's a great way to spend a night.

Some time I want to do the magical cruise for the fireworks. It must be fantastic

Here's a pic of the other part of the pagent
:animwink:

Attachments

• image_32.jpg
    image_32.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33

MattyFresh

Can the Water Pageant be seen from any location in Chef Mickeys (I've never been :eek:)? I'm thinking about booking ADRs (if still possible at this point) for my August trip, but I need to know if I need to book so dinner is over by the time the Pageant starts.

I am not positive, but I don't think so, the way the contemporary is sitting, its not at a good angle to be in the bottom middle of and be able to see it. But I am not 100% sure.

ann0d1

I've never seen it but what I would like to do is eat at Chef Mickeys at 6:30 then take the monorail over to the Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Is that feasible to you think?
Also,
since we are staying off site, would parking at the Contempary give me enough time to do this. I guess what I am asking when you go for dining how long do they give you for parking?

EMThompsen

I am not positive, but I don't think so, the way the contemporary is sitting, its not at a good angle to be in the bottom middle of and be able to see it. But I am not 100% sure.

Depending on the time you can see it from the front of The Contemporary or behind the hotel by the pool. I'd ask the waitstaff at Chef Mickey's for their advice as to where the best spot to watch it would be.

WDWFigment

I've never seen it but what I would like to do is eat at Chef Mickeys at 6:30 then take the monorail over to the Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Is that feasible to you think?
Also,
since we are staying off site, would parking at the Contempary give me enough time to do this. I guess what I am asking when you go for dining how long do they give you for parking?

Why not make a later reservation at Chef Mickey's and just go outside of the Contemporary to view the show?

ann0d1

Why not make a later reservation at Chef Mickey's and just go outside of the Contemporary to view the show?
OK here is my reasoning (don't laugh!)
I never sat at the front of the monorail and I heard you can only do that at the hotels now. SO - I thought that night I would kill two birds with one stone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom