Water Bridge

tenchu

Originally posted by Bill
Personally, I hope it cracks, then they can drain Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon again. That's something that I'd love to see. Plus they could replenish the beaches, clean the water, & allow swimming again. :lol:

Surely if it were to crack, they would just dam off the affected area, drain that and then carry out the work? Draining the whole lagoon would be a lot of work.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by tenchu
Surely if it were to crack, they would just dam off the affected area, drain that and then carry out the work? Draining the whole lagoon would be a lot of work.

Yeah, I've been involved with dam and spillway reconstructions. We simply re-routed the water, or just built a temporary dam while we worked. They would not need to drain the lakes.

The only issue with damming the bridge, and closing it off, is that the Ferrys and other boats that travel in SSL would not be able to get to the Dry Dock for fueling, repair and maintenance - it's located WAY back in Bay Lake, up by the Central Shops.

Yen_Sid1

They have had to repair it before. A dump truck ran into the bridge before and it got stuck because the dumper wasn't down all the way.

Brisco

Does anyone know of there have been anymore developed in the World, being there was only 5 back in 2003? Such a clever idea that adds to the magic.

DisneyFanatic12

Does anyone know of there have been anymore developed in the World, being there was only 5 back in 2003? Such a clever idea that adds to the magic.
If you’re wondering about water bridges, a much less famous one goes under the international gateway at Epcot! Just take the exit for either the Swan and Dolphin / Yacht and Beach, or the exit for the Boardwalk and Speedway (gas station). Just continue down the road and past the resort. You’ll drive by the France pavilion and then under the international gateway and the canal that the Friendship boats pass through.

Brisco

If you’re wondering about water bridges, a much less famous one goes under the international gateway at Epcot! Just take the exit for either the Swan and Dolphin / Yacht and Beach, or the exit for the Boardwalk and Speedway (gas station). Just continue down the road and past the resort. You’ll drive by the France pavilion and then under the international gateway and the canal that the Friendship boats pass through.
Oh I was actually referencing the entire World as the above forum discusses. I'm well aware of the bridges on Disney Property.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Oh I was actually referencing the entire World as the above forum discusses. I'm well aware of the bridges on Disney Property.

Don't believe the sensationalist claim, it's inaccurate. There were 32 navigatable aqueducts built on the Erie Canal between 1817-1825. The Canal du Midi had one in 1690.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom