Watching the fireworks from Poly Beach

HouCuseChickie

I haven't seen it come up on the forums, but I have seen reports in FB groups around peak fireworks times like 4th of July, New Year's Eve, etc. that they have encountered CM's checking bands to limit beach access to resort guests. I suspect it's more of a crowd control measure, as I'm sure Disney would like to encourage guests to hang out and be tempted to spend $. i.e. Dole Whip float for your wait for fireworks or flip flops from the Boutiki so it's easier for you to walk out on the beach (vs. the socks and sneakers you wore to the parks). Another person may decide it's a nice place to stay and choose to book the Poly for their next visit. Sure, there are probably people who show up and buy nothing and never come back, but I suspect they've got enough business experts who find this to be a more profitable approach for the company.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I have probably watched the fireworks from the Poly 25 or more times over the years both when I have been staying there, and when I wasn't a resort guest. When I was a local we would sometimes come at slow times, grab a bite to eat, and then sit at the pool bar and have a few drinks. We would watch the fireworks and enjoy ourselves. Did I ever feel like I was cheating a guest of the resort, or for that matter Disney? That would be a big NO! I have eaten at Ohana, or stopped in at Trader Sams many times when that was the only plan for the evening. I once even met friends, had drinks at the Grand Floridian, and then (Gasp!) walked over to the Poly beach and watched the fireworks. Years ago the pool had no fence around it. Would I ever dream of using it? Of course not, that is an amenity for the guests of the hotel. Others things in my humble opinion are available for all to enjoy. While I am baring my soul, I have also watched the Epcot fireworks from the bridge by the Swan and Dolphin while visiting the Boardwalk. I think I once even enjoyed a piece of the Fastasmic! fireworks while pumping gas at the Hess across the street.

Hockey89

I don't understand how it is wrong to visit and go to other resorts, how is that cheating the system
As someone that has read your post for a while, that is 100% fact... Would you like me to list your post?

Single rider thread...
Lie to the people at the gate...

I could go on and on.... Own it

Chi84

Premium Member
As someone that has read your post for a while, that is 100% fact... Would you like me to list your post?

Single rider thread...
Lie to the people at the gate...

I could go on and on.... Own it
What's the saying? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Disney invites non-resort guests to visit its resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom