Watching Snow White for the first time

micknminnie

Original Poster
Snow White is on ABC Family and I almost feel ashame saying this, but this the first time ever seeing it. I love it. I have three little ones so they are more into watching Toy Story, Wall-E, Monsters, Inc. etc., basically the newer stuff. I need to get my hands on more of the classics.

omgthatsfun

Aww. My mother and grandmother like to make fun of me whenever I bring up "Snow White" I used to cry every single time Snow White died, and I had to watch Grumpy cry. I actually watched a few months ago, and surprisingly enough, I still teared up a little.

(But hey, don't feel bad about not seeing the classics. I DON'T like Peter Pan at all (since I much prefer the 2003 live action and the book) , and have never - gasp! - seen Bambi!)

micknminnie

Original Poster
I know the story behind Bambi and I won't watch! Dumbo is the only one I think I have seen. I watched it as a child and cried my eyes out. It was on the Disney channel maybe a year ago or so and again I cried my eyes out when he was separated from his mother. My sons were looking at me like why are you crying mom??? Thinking on it, now I know why I don't watch the classics! lol

DizneyPryncess

Enjoy watching Snow White for the first time. :)

Before I joined the movie club, there were a lot of classics I hadn't seen. Or if I had seen them, I couldn't remember because I was so young. I watched Dumbo, Peter Pan, Jungle Book and a few others for the first time just last year!

_Scar

Snow White was a suprise favorite of mine. When I saw it full length recently it made me open my eyes to its classic-ness. It's over 70 years old and still a household name. It will definitely be a movie I save for the kids to see.

I know the story behind Bambi and I won't watch! Dumbo is the only one I think I have seen. I watched it as a child and cried my eyes out. It was on the Disney channel maybe a year ago or so and again I cried my eyes out when he was separated from his mother. My sons were looking at me like why are you crying mom??? Thinking on it, now I know why I don't watch the classics! lol

I was like this too a few days ago, but I saw it and it didn't make me feel any different than before. Except now I see why Thumper is so popular and why everyone question's "Flower's" gender. (;

I also think you must see some less sad ones that are definite classics:

Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Mary Poppins
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (personal favorite)
Pinocchio
& 101 Dalmations

rodserling27

I still to this day have yet to watch Snow White all the way through..I have it on DVD, but I have never actually sat down at watched it!! Yesterday, I was able to scoop "Alice in Wonderland" and "Lady and the Tramp," both of which I have never seen. I watched "Alice" already, what a strange, strange film!! I like it though, and I liked the new one.

I really wish Disney didn't do the whole "vault" thing....I didn't get a chance to buy "Peter Pan" when it was out of the "vault," and now it's nowhere to be found in the stores! eBay, here I come...

mastif

Aww. My mother and grandmother like to make fun of me whenever I bring up "Snow White" I used to cry every single time Snow White died, and I had to watch Grumpy cry. I actually watched a few months ago, and surprisingly enough, I still teared up a little.

(But hey, don't feel bad about not seeing the classics. I DON'T like Peter Pan at all (since I much prefer the 2003 live action and the book) , and have never - gasp! - seen Bambi!)

it's been at least 10 years since i've seen snow white, so correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the prince awaken her with his kiss..?

omgthatsfun

it's been at least 10 years since i've seen snow white, so correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the prince awaken her with his kiss..?

Of course he does! I knew this everytime I watched snow white from age 4 and up, but it still was so sad to see grumpy cry that I'd start up the waterworks. :lol:

dixiegirl

Use to be my now nine year olds favorite movie...It was the first Disney movie she ever sat through ...Got to a point we could put it on mute and we all knew the words...LOL..One of my favorite memories which has to do with Snow white is being on a plane back from Disney with our daughter who was 3 at the time and dressed up as snow white head to toe..We had seats all the way back in the plane, which was great especially when your child who is watching Snow White on dvd suddenly stands on her seat and yells "Run Snow White Run!!!!"..Yeah such good memories with that movie and even meeting Snow White in the park..Now , my nine year old, tells us she is her least favorite!...Eh go figure!...

Raven66

I have a hard time watching Dumbo and Bambi as well. I always cry. Even tho I tell myself not to cry. With live action I refuse to watch Old Yeller. I watched it when I was about 9 and bawled my head off for hours. So I will not watch it now. :)

LoriMistress

I can't believe watching Snow White on ABC was your first time?! Glad you enjoyed the flick. It's one of my personal favorites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom