Was There A Villains Character Meal?? And Why No More???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Maybe im imagining it but about the time i got back into The Disneyworld experience (2007/2008) i seem to remember reading that there was once a villains breakfast at The Grand Floridian?!?!?

Why (on earth) was it changed if it was in fact real???

Ive gotta believe if such a meal was available it would be HUGE!!!!

I for one would have it in the top 5 meals to be booked at the 180 day mark!!!

Hope im not imagining things but, if i am how great would this be!!!???!!!

A meal with Maleficent. Jafar, Frolo, Lady Tremaine, Hades, Cruella ,Scar ( if possible) and Ursella sounds Brilliant!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

MKCP 1985

The villains kept getting caught skipping out on their tabs at the bar and breaking into guests' rooms and stealing jewelry :lookaroun

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It was at 1900 Park Faire, and I'm almost positive it was a dinner. I remember the Snow Queen, Maleficent, Jafar, Lady Tremaine and her daughters (who survived and hold court at the Cinderella dinner), Frollo, and Governor Radcliffe all being there.

It was discontinued because apparently it just wasn't selling well.

Eljay

Yes, I remember hearing about it and thinking how cool it would be. However, I have heard that it was discontinued because too many children were traumatized by it. :rolleyes: Isn't that the most absurd thing, to take kids that are too young or sensitive to enjoy it? They should bring it back and make it age 10 and up only. :animwink:

My perfect list would be, Cruella, the Tremaines, Snow Queen, Jafar, Scar and Malificent.

Alison1975

It was dinner, 1900 Park Faire and we took my son and yes..he freaked out.. we barely ate enough to say we ate and had to leave. I thought it was a great concept but the second the Villains came near him he got so scared.. I was disappointed but oh well. He was 6 at the time.. He had no issues with the Villains at the parks or anything so we figured he'd be fine..and he was until they came near him.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Oh it was dinner!!!

This sounds brilliant, but i can see the point of it being a little scary but when its at wdw how hard cud it be to sell it??

If they put 8 or 9+ it wud sell out no prob!

Dinner with the queen, Maleficent, Scar, Jafer, Lady Tremaine, The Stepsisters, Cruella, Ursela and maybe The Guy From Princes and The Frog would be Brilliant!!!!:sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

I remember seeing reviews of it way back when we were researching for our upcoming trip. It's a neat concept, and while not everyone who goes to a character meal is a young kid, I think they lost $ over this considering how many kids got scared. I read a review about a child interacting with the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and how the kid went screaming from 1900 Park Fare. DH thought that would be hyseterical- until I told him he'd be handling the kids and their nightmares from the experience. :lol: Thankfully, it's no longer an option- so no traumatizing the kids with villains.

Pioneer Hall

The problem is that the meal doesn't market to the crowd that usually looks for character meals. While some older kids and adults might love it, character meals are marketed toward younger children and their families. These kids want to see their heroes and princesses, and not the villains. Since most little kids still believe in the fantasy, the villains are truly evil to them and not welcomed at their dinner. I think that the meal would be something that they should offer every now and again though for the older crowd. Perhaps during halloween time.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
The problem is that the meal doesn't market to the crowd that usually looks for character meals. While some older kids and adults might love it, character meals are marketed toward younger children and their families. These kids want to see their heroes and princesses, and not the villains. Since most little kids still believe in the fantasy, the villains are truly evil to them and not welcomed at their dinner. I think that the meal would be something that they should offer every now and again though for the older crowd. Perhaps during halloween time.

Not a bad idea at all!!!!

Imagine the demand for a villain halloween dinner party at crystal palace or a resort spot during halloween week!!! Money maker without a doubt :sohappy::sohappy:

Alison1975

It was the Queen of Hearts that did my son in..it was all fine til all of a sudden she was right next to him... he lost it then..

jjharvpro

I am all into this! This seems so cool, but as Disney's strength is family-friendlyness, it could really minimize the amount of people coming in. This could actually scare some young folks, even though this seems so sweet!!! ahh!!

MKCP 1985

If such a delightful thing could exist, my choices would be the Evil Queen from Snow White, Maleficent, the Big Bad Wolf, Dr. Facilier, Hades, and Cruella de Vil. That's an even 3 males and 3 females. Since there are often substitutes at the princess meals, the Queen of Hearts and Ursula could be the primary females, while maybe Prince John and Captain Hook could be the primary male subs. I know Captain Hook is already pretty commonly out in the parks, but he is a great bad guy - lots of personality with his hook. :D

vonpluto

IIRC the Villains meal ran from 8/00 - 7/01. We did in the fall of 2000 and enjoyed it very much. I remember Radcliffe, Frollo and Jafar, with the Queen of Hearts doing a pic M&G in another room.
I agree it probably freaked out quite a few of the youngins.

Here's DD with Brer Fox at the CR's Terrace Cafe in '85:

1985-143-copy.jpg

A bit older in '92 at the Studios, and no problem:

11-92-126-copy.jpg

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom