Was Roy or any disney at the 50th?

disneyplanet

Original Poster
I know things have been strained between the board and Roy. It would have been nice to see any of The Disney's at the 50th. Remember it was all started with a mouse. But it came from the mind of a Disney. Were any them at the 50th. Roy or one of Walts Daughter or one of the Family Memebrs. Were they invited. does anyone know. I see Michael Eisner was there.

angelfaerie52

Roy

On SaveDisney.com, Roy posted a mini-statement saying he went the day before the events kicked off in DisneyLand and that he wished he could be there... I'm not surprised that he wasn't... him and Eisner are on the outs. As for the daughters, I doubt it, too. Diane Disney Miller hasn't been too involved since her husband was replaced by Eisner... and she doesn't like ME very much either.

disneyplanet said:
I know things have been strained between the board and Roy. It would have been nice to see any of The Disney's at the 50th. Remember it was all started with a mouse. But it came from the mind of a Disney. Were any them at the 50th. Roy or one of Walts Daughter or one of the Family Memebrs. Were they invited. does anyone know. I see Michael Eisner was there.

LoisMustDie

disneyplanet said:
It seems that you are implying that the 50th has already happened. From what I understand, it is July 17th that is DL's 50th. As such, there is a possibility that Roy might be there, and my guess is that his #1 request is that Michael Eisner not be within 100 miles of the park. :lol:

disneyplanet

Original Poster
NOT SAYING ITS OVER. Just that it would have been nice to see Roy at the big luanch party or some other Disney. It says alot that Roy had to go the day before, and M.E. was there. I hoped and believe that things would go in a new direction. That a olive branch was extented or the hatchet was buried. It say alot. I thought Mike was out. but he keep showing up and when he does he seems ed. IE not waring the hat and the ovious forced smile when interviewed. I give all the support as a stock holder since 1981 (yes I have a fair amount due to all the splits) to Bob Iger but I hope he is not a Mike ver. 2, or some puppet. Yes Mike was great in the begining But so was Anakin Skywalker. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Roy was not a part of anything I saw or heard about. But he should have been. I'm holding out for him being a part of the festivities on July 17.

C'mon, Mr. Iger - if you want to zing up the opinion polls in a hurry, have Roy there, officially, on July 17! It would probably be the greatest thing you could do right now to distance yourself from Eisner and his legacy.

wannabeBelle

angelfaerie52 said:
On SaveDisney.com, Roy posted a mini-statement saying he went the day before the events kicked off in DisneyLand and that he wished he could be there... I'm not surprised that he wasn't... him and Eisner are on the outs. As for the daughters, I doubt it, too. Diane Disney Miller hasn't been too involved since her husband was replaced by Eisner... and she doesn't like ME very much either.
Hi there, No flaming please.....My understanding was that Michael Eisner replaced Ron Miller in the Disney Company as CEO by Roy Disney!!! Is this correct? I Am not saying that this wasnt best for the company in general, but I cant imagine someone who threw out Walt's Son in law and his Cousin in law, to then turn around and say that because he is a member of the Disney family he should be involved??? Please help me to understand this one!!! Thanks!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Hi there!!! Thanks for the answer although I still dont get it. I dont know if Roy Disney would be good for the company or not. That is a whole other and LONGER discussion I would think. I am saying that if he has in the past thrown out members of the Disney family because they weren't good for the company( Again that isnt the dispute) how can he turn around and say I Am good for the company because I Am a member of the Disney family??!! THAT is the part I am trying to understand!!! Thnaks for helping me out here!! I appreciate it!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom