Want Disneys website fixed?

Does WDW website need to be fixed?

• Yes - it's so screwed up it's not funny.

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Yes - but it's not a big deal.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • No - money is spent better elsewhere.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No - It's fine the way it is.

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm trying to find out if it's just something that annoys me (and me only) or if other people are seeing the same problems and getting fustrated with Disneyworld.com

So.. a poll :)

Do you think the WDW website needs to be fixed? Yes, no, why?

Is it because the EMH attractions listed are wrong? Is it because there are links to non-existent pages? Is it because the attraction descriptions are wrong? Is it because things are updated so slowly?

Let me know, and even if you think it's perfect, speak up.

autumndawn1006

I've noticed some serious delays in updating attractions, but I've also found a lot of neat things they have added recently.

I love being able to order the park maps, and being able to store your reservation information on the site. The trip planner needs to be a bit more user friendly, but it is a great step in the right direction.

kcnole

It's pretty bad when whole rides can be down for planned refurbs for months and not even get a single mention on the page of being down. There is a serious communication problem between park management, operations, and the web design team.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If you use a Mac, like I do, the reservations page of the AP section is a huge pain in the you know what. You keep getting error messages about "proxy."

figment1985

YES! It always says error when there is NOT an error. I always think I am doing something wrong when booking a trip. It also takes a long time, I really feel like it could be sped up some... I mean look at how fast expedia's travel booking system works... I just don't get it.

It's also hard to navigate, there's too much busy images throughout the page. The colors are nice, but it's too busy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quite honestly I rarely go to Disney's website because of all the issues there. Information is incomplete, outdated or just plain wrong. I have learned far more about WDW from this site in my first few months as a member than I ever did from the official site.

csaguy

The site is too busy! There is too much stuff on the page and it's easy for a novice to get lost, take my wife, please!:D
Remember "KISS" keep it simple, stupid.

kcnole

yep, the navigation on that page is horrendous. I can find my way around almost any page but that one makes no sense. I don't even know why its so difficult. navigation could be done so simply but there people who right the page have no clue about the concept of good navigation. They'd rather try and make something look flashy and slide all around your screen whether than make it functional. The guy from web pages that suck would have a field day there.

Champion

That whats happens when your web team is a bunch of one handed blind chimpanzees.

They would have a good site, if it was 1998.

Also, the "money spent elsewhere" part isn't valid, because paying a good web designer $80k would get them more money than that in return, for many reasons.

gofylvr

That's probably another reason so many people come HERE for the correct info!
Copy that!! WDW web site is useless!! Yes you can quote prices, but that is where the usefulness ends! This website and one other I won't mention.... are the best authority on anything Disney...... Maybe thats why they don't put the effort into it, it can't possibly be honest and informative without shooting themselves in the foot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Copy that!! WDW web site is useless!! Yes you can quote prices, but that is where the usefulness ends! This website and one other I won't mention.... are the best authority on anything Disney...... Maybe thats why they don't put the effort into it, it can't possibly be honest and informative without shooting themselves in the foot.
Well sort of. It takes forever to try and shop a room. You think you could enter in dates and discount codes and get a list of available rooms that could be sorted by such unimportant factors like price. Instead we get a list of a resorts that may or may not be available.

doop

I was down in the first week of April, and needed to do the simple task of checking Animal Kingdom's hours that day, and that wasn't even available. They really do need to get their act together with the website.

Champion

Well sort of. It takes forever to try and shop a room. You think you could enter in dates and discount codes and get a list of available rooms that could be sorted by such unimportant factors like price. Instead we get a list of a resorts that may or may not be available.

And not only that, but you can't enter requests or discounts on the site. How simple is it for them to have a "requests" box on a page and then have someone calling/emailing to confirm them. And just about every site in existance can operate a discount box that takes money off the total, why can't Disney?

I gave up a long time ago.:brick: I had hoped that when they updated the site that it would make it easier but .... not for me. When I really get frustrated I ask my husband to try and find something on the site. I figure since he owns his own small IT company he should be able to find whatever I am looking for. :ROFLOL: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Thank goodness for free long distance plans......

Joepic

was trying to design some customizable maps that they have, it took me about an hour just to finish because of all the errors on the pages. Most of them were that the site wouldn't load when trying to process a request. I was fed up. Hopefully they fix the errors. However, I found out that the website is easier to navigate when using internet explorer. Firefox was a mess for me.

snoble

I think think the entire site needs updating. When I was there the first week in April one of the CM said that soon we will be able to make our own ADR's online. He didn't mention if it was going to be through the existing site though. :shrug:

lilclerk

I think think the entire site needs updating. When I was there the first week in April one of the CM said that soon we will be able to make our own ADR's online. He didn't mention if it was going to be through the existing site though. :shrug:

OH how I wish and hope that that happens someday.

RedSoxPirate

Site seems to work just fine for me. Refurbs are correctly dated and hours show as they should. Even the load time is nonexistant.

Has anyone else checked the site recently to see if it's back to normal for others?

*EDIT* Found at least 1 flaw: The map is still not loading for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom