WandaVision moves to 2020 from 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1610648808074.png

BrianLo

Expect some divisive audience reactions for the first couple weeks.

From the gestalt of the reviews the first half of the season is VERY much a slow burn sitcom that worships and respects the shows it emulates.

I’m not saying this is a bad thing ultimately, but I expect some people who have no touch point for I love Lucy, Bewitched and Brady Bunch to struggle for the next few weeks. The 80’s sitcoms should at least be reasonably ‘ok’ nostalgia for modern audiences.... and the back half of the season I’m sure will look much more typical Marvel.

I think the show will do well simply because of all the pent up demand and audience respect. Ironically I feel like non-Marvel fans might dig this more than some Marvel ones.

Darkprime

Original Poster
Expect some divisive audience reactions for the first couple weeks.

From the gestalt of the reviews the first half of the season is VERY much a slow burn sitcom that worships and respects the shows it emulates.

I’m not saying this is a bad thing ultimately, but I expect some people who have no touch point for I love Lucy, Bewitched and Brady Bunch to struggle for the next few weeks. The 80’s sitcoms should at least be reasonably ‘ok’ nostalgia for modern audiences.... and the back half of the season I’m sure will look much more typical Marvel.

I think the show will do well simply because of all the pent up demand and audience respect. Ironically I feel like non-Marvel fans might dig this more than some Marvel ones.

Yep I'm expecting the same. From what ive heard the show doesn't really get interesting till episode 3.

sedati

Bettany: “I get to work with an actor that’s going to be a surprise for everybody. I’ve been wanting to work with this actor forever who is just unbelievable and we have some real fireworks together.”

Also Bettany: “Marvel has always taken big swings, but we’re a really big swing,” states Bettany. “There are more VFX shots in WandaVision than we had in Avengers: Endgame. That’s a big ask.”

And director Matt Shakman: “Law and Order this is not. This was not six months of shooting people walking down the same hallway. Kevin Feige was really clear from the beginning that this show would be very different but it would also be as Marvel as anything else they’d ever made – including some of the biggest set pieces they’ve ever done.”

Darkprime

Original Poster
I'm guessing the episodes go live the same time as Mandalorian did which wont be for at least another 5 hours for me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bettany: “I get to work with an actor that’s going to be a surprise for everybody. I’ve been wanting to work with this actor forever who is just unbelievable and we have some real fireworks together.”

Also Bettany: “Marvel has always taken big swings, but we’re a really big swing,” states Bettany. “There are more VFX shots in WandaVision than we had in Avengers: Endgame. That’s a big ask.”

And director Matt Shakman: “Law and Order this is not. This was not six months of shooting people walking down the same hallway. Kevin Feige was really clear from the beginning that this show would be very different but it would also be as Marvel as anything else they’d ever made – including some of the biggest set pieces they’ve ever done.”
Marvel needs to borrow LucasFilms' "Volumes"!

NateD1226

As of right now, WandaVision has earned 23 Emmy nominations. Some include:

• Best Lead Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie - Elizabeth Olsen
  • Best Lead Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie - Paul Bettany
  • Best Limited Series - Wandavision
You can find the other 20 here:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom